Ogryn Drop troopers

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thenewguy

thenewguy

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:14 PM

Ok guys hears the thing i have been looking over the books and there a lot on ogryns in them so im thinking of making a ogryn drop trooper regiment now im wondering how to justify the ogryns jumping out of a plain and not going splat. they could have special jump packs/grave chute and also be but even then there very heavy so what are your ideas?

#2 Cail

Cail

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:53 PM

My group made Ogryn drop cavalry. The simple answer is that the ogryns are sedated and pushed out of the ship in a cannister similar to the one used to drop over heavy equipment.

• Adeptus-B and Arnbjorn like this
  • Intellect is the Understanding of Knowledge.
  • Sentience is the Basest Form of Intellect.
  • Understanding is the True Path to Comprehension.
  • Comprehension is the Key to all Things

#3 Drath

Drath

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 01:31 AM

A special drop pod of some description (not as advanced as a Space Marines obviously) designed for their size to hurl them onto the planet below in a controlled descent. Perhaps it's a unique item manufactured by the humans living on their world? One problem would be getting even sedated Ogryn's into a space that size.

'Cynic' Brooker of the Saurian Survivors.

Corvo, Chief Of Arms for the royal Emperors ship 'Glorious Might'.

And, GM of all the above.

#4 Fgdsfg

Fgdsfg

Lrod-Iniquitsor

• Members
  • 1,941 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:40 AM

I love Cail's explanation, but at the end of the day, it's not really any more complicated than regular drop troops. Strap Grav-Chutes onto them.

• HappyDaze likes this

Real men earn their fun

Unified WH40kRP Ruleset Homebrew - Personal Notes
Talking Necrons. Dreadknights. Centurion Armour. Sororitas-murdering Grey Knights.
These things are dumb and do not exist. This is non-negotiable and undebatable.

#5 FieserMoep

FieserMoep

• Members
  • 375 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 06:39 AM

Grav-Chutes with an integrated Vox-Caster, remembering them, that they are doing this for the emperor.^^

#6 Adeptus-B

Adeptus-B

Part-Time Super Villian

• Members
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:29 AM

An Orgyn Drop Troop regiment's moto has to be "We fall 'ard!"

• Robin Graves likes this

#7 Robin Graves

Robin Graves

• Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

The biggest challenge is getting the in the drop pod. Yeah i don't want to fight a squad of airsick ogryns that have just crashed on my bunker.

How about Ogryn Roughriders? obviously they are gonna flatten some poor horse, but a grox/Ursir/Ucernox or some other tough xeno beast should be able to carry them. Man, I'd run if i saw that comming towards me.

"Wot "great-uhr-gud" mean? ME SMASH YOU!"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS