First Age (Custom Quest)

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 03:11 PM

Just saw that the "evil lust" treachury card from seat of Morgoth has the art from Blind Guardian's "Nightfall in Middle Earth" concept album about Silmarillion .My signature come out of this , it's from the "time stand still at the iron hill" song, which is a song for Fingolfin. The album is one of my favorites in general !
  • shipwreck likes this

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

#22 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

Just saw that the "evil lust" treachury card from seat of Morgoth has the art from Blind Guardian's "Nightfall in Middle Earth" concept album about Silmarillion .My signature come out of this , it's from the "time stand still at the iron hill" song, which is a song for Fingolfin. The album is one of my favorites in general !

Awesome. I'll have to check it out!

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#23 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:08 AM

Anyone play this quests already? Normaly I don t play custom fans quest but this one looks so good + is a first age....

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#24 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 12:58 AM

ur missing out.. many custom quest are way better than the FFG ones.
  • Nickpes likes this
"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#25 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,814 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 01:25 AM

like what? all custom quest I've seen so far are sheet

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#26 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

Ok i see the CBOTR play First quest. This guys play terrible as usual and play attention anything alse then the game but at least i can see cards……… I like pit idea and send hero to the pit is really cool mechanic. cards looks cool! good job! 

I really love those cards and take my hat off for this brilliant work!

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#27 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:02 AM

I really love those cards and take my hat off for this brilliant work!

Thanks!

On a side note, there should be an update to octgn coming soon that will include a few fixes, and the printable materials already include them

#28 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 28 June 2014 - 07:38 PM

First Age is now available on CardWarden. Find the backup.zip file on the First Age page!

Also, First Age will be coming to Lackey soon as well!

#29 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:48 PM

For those who were interested in printerstudio, the links are now available on the First Age page!

#30 NotAZombie

NotAZombie

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:40 AM

FYI, the coupon code SHIP30 was a bigger discount for me than the one you listed, it made shipping free.

#31 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 10:54 AM

Good point. I think it depends on location, as the one I listed was cheaper than SHIP30 for me, but given how expensive shipping is on printerstudio, that one will definitely work better for some people. I'll add it to the page.

#32 scourn99

scourn99

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:03 PM

I got my whole set from Artscow. Total was 79 bucks shipped. For 3 of everything and how good the card quality was, it was a steal. I hear printerstuido is even cheaper but I haven't checked it out yet. The cards feel and look super close to FFGs. I haven't gotten to play against any of the missions yet, but I plan to soon.

The only minor flaw was that they cut off around the boarders a bit, nothing that makes anything unplayable, but it can be seen on some.

I did sent printerstuido a set of 24 custom heroes I have worked on. Really doing it to see how well they turn out. Only came to 13 shipped. I could have filled out the other slots as I paid for 54 cards but used just 24. Said they wont come in around 9 days though. Will update as I get them

Being inspired by the first age, I have started some second age stuff. I know 1 of the missions is the siege of baradur and the last alliance , trying to pick the other two to really capture key points in the second age.

#33 NotAZombie

NotAZombie

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:45 AM

I just got my cards from Printer Studio, and they are excellent quality. They are slightly larger than FFG's (.5 mm height and length). $40 shipped, super good price. The quality was also roughly on par with FFG's.

#34 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:46 AM

Awesome! I look forward to hearing people's play experiences.

• gandalfDK likes this

#35 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 01:38 PM

Anyone play this quests already? Normaly I don t play custom fans quest but this one looks so good + is a first age....

Today made my first attempt through OCTGN

Glaurung these quests where made for you ... Nightmare packs are like kindergarden compared to First Age quests. I got crashed on two of them (did not tried the first one since the deck I made on OCTGN had Finrod in it), but loved all  of them. Very nice encounter cards, very nice scenarios, very very difficult (more than 10 difficulty IMO). I tried a deck based on Finrod, Finglofin and Beren, while I was questing good, and Fingolfin with his shield was a great defender, I did not manage to have good attack power, mainly cause the quests where giving me a very hard time and did not have the resources to deploy the cards the way I wanted. Managed to place 15 damage points on Carcaroth though hehehehehe

I will defenitily buy the cards to play it, cause in OCTGN making decks is something that I do not like. 

Very nice work indeed, well done and plz make more quests and more cards too (especially Noldor warrior allies)

PS: Can you plz explain me how the pit thing works, I read the quest stages but did not quite get it

• Raven1015 likes this

Lord of all Noldor

#36 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

Thanks for trying out First Age and I'm glad you like it! The quests are definitely quite difficult, but are eventually beatable once you get the hang of everything (to give you an idea, I designed the things, and I still lose pretty often!). 

There will definitely be some more quests and player cards on the way. I'm designing the first "expansion" right now, and I hope to have it out around Octoberish. 

As for the pit area, the gist is that the players can choose one hero to be placed there at the start of a game. Whoever gives up that hero may immediately replace that hero and adjust their starting threat accordingly. That area is off limit for player cards, similar to the riddle area in the Dungeons Deep quest. When the counters run out on Eyes in the Dark, the Devouring Werewolf is placed into the pit area and engages in combat with the hero in the pit and Finrod objective. If the hero placed there is destroyed, then you lose. 

If you haven't checked out, give a look at the First Age rules, which explains some of the stuff in more detail. Hope this helps!

Edited by Raven1015, 29 August 2014 - 04:59 PM.

#37 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 02:35 AM

Thanks Raven. I have read the rules already. You explanation make things more clear, i think my problem might be that since i am not that familiar with octgn, making pit areas etc seems a bit strange. When i get the cards i am sure i will understand how it works.

Have tried the seat of morgoth quest yesterday again. I got much further (tweaked my deck a lot) but still lost. I like them very much. Yet again the fact i do not have them on hand and try to make deck only with octgn does not help me.

Really great work. First age is my favourite and recently read sillmarillion for the third time :), now rereading unfinished tales. Well done :)

Lord of all Noldor

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS