Great moments in Xwingerie

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Stelar 7

Stelar 7

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:39 PM

Hey all, I wanted to share this story and hopefully others have some awesome table side moments to add of their own.

I had a friend over, we had planned an epic late night of xwing with a table and chips and salsa and more xwing. We were just a few rounds into our first game and the dice had not favored him. In walks my two girls because they like to see xwing and they love to meet people and mommie had not chased them into bed yet. My 9 year old was all questions, and talking about how she beats up daddy with the falcon. Then the four year old walks up to the table. She waved her fingers overt he damage cards on my friends ties, looks at him and sweetly says, "Booo-ooo-ooom" with this little singingy lilt. Then walks off.

My friend's response was, "Did I just get trash talked by a four year old?" The best part is, No on put her up to it.
  • Mikael Hasselstein, Damoel, Joe Boss Red Seven and 5 others like this
Rebel scum: 5 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 Hawks, 1Falcon, 2 E-Wings, 4 Z-95 1 Transport.

Imperial cannon fodder: 2 Phantoms, 2 Defenders, 7 Tie Fighters, 7 Interceptors, 3 Bombers, 2 Lambdas, 3 Firesprays, 1 Vader, er Tie Advanced

#2 Damoel

Damoel

• Members
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:49 PM

So, basically, they're awesome. Sounds like some great girls and some future pilots. :D

Thanks for the heart-warming story.

• Joe Boss Red Seven likes this

Fleet timez!

Anarchists: 3 A-Wing, 3 B-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 6 X-Wing, 3 Z-95, 3 E-Wing, 2 HWK290, 2 YT-1300, 2 GR-75, 1 CR90

Good Guys: 6 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/AD, 3 TIE/D, 6 TIE/IN, 4 TIE/SA, 4 Phantom V38, 2 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Firespray-31

#3 Stelar 7

Stelar 7

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:55 PM

Yeah, I love my kids, the wife hit them early with all the pink princess stuff, and yes I can name most of the fairies and ponies, but now the older one is getting rebellious, so having bided my time until recently, I now trot out epic space Princess Leia and ships that go boom. The little one loves everything her sister plays either and has learned to recognize the dice, their results, and of course, what the damage cards mean.
  • Damoel and Joe Boss Red Seven like this
Rebel scum: 5 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 3 A-Wings, 3 B-Wings, 2 Hawks, 1Falcon, 2 E-Wings, 4 Z-95 1 Transport.

Imperial cannon fodder: 2 Phantoms, 2 Defenders, 7 Tie Fighters, 7 Interceptors, 3 Bombers, 2 Lambdas, 3 Firesprays, 1 Vader, er Tie Advanced

#4 KommanderKeldoth

KommanderKeldoth

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:08 PM

So there we were.  Myself, my brother and 2 friends from back home who I had just introduced the game to.  After a couple of small warm up games we decided to launch into a 200 point 2v2 team game.

Both sides make their approaches and we are shooting on turn 3 or 4.  My brother rockets forward unexpectedly with Tycho Celchu and uses PtL to set up a sweet target lock + Focus alpha strike.  The friend on my team (who had only played 1 game at this point) was flying Boba Fett with HLC (in addition to some TIEs).  Boba ended up just barely in range 3.  Imperials had initiative so Boba shot first.  He picks up the dice and rolls 4 hits against Tycho (didn't even need to use focus!)

My brother, sweating a little now, rolls his 4 defense dice (he had a stealth device) and rolls all evades and eyeballs.  He sighed, relieved and removed his focus token.  That's when my team mate says "hey, what's 'Gunner' do?"  Picking up the other upgrade he had chosen for Boba.  I smirked.

He picks up the dice, throws 4 more un-modified hits

At this point we are all leaned forward craning our necks.

My brother rolls 4 blanks

Tycho is one shotted on the first attack of the game.

Beginner's luck is nice to have your side!

• Revanchist, Joe Boss Red Seven, Stelar 7 and 1 other like this

#5 Stelar 7

Stelar 7

• Members
  • 521 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:17 PM

I had a group of table top friends who had an unofficial house rule of gang up on the newbie. Not because we were jerks, just because whenever we taught someone a new game they always were granted obscenely good luck.

#6 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

• Members
  • 1,875 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:27 PM

Saddest moment was when my buddy (friendly 2v2) took Fel's Wrath, and he got killed in the first round of combat by Lando and Dutch... and the killing blow was a crit that made him disregard his pilot ability. Instantly removed from play. Epic Fail.

• DraconPyrothayan, Stelar 7 and KommanderKeldoth like this

#7 PhantomFO

PhantomFO

• Members
  • 340 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:42 PM

So there we were.  Myself, my brother and 2 friends from back home who I had just introduced the game to.  After a couple of small warm up games we decided to launch into a 200 point 2v2 team game.

Both sides make their approaches and we are shooting on turn 3 or 4.  My brother rockets forward unexpectedly with Tycho Celchu and uses PtL to set up a sweet target lock + Focus alpha strike.  The friend on my team (who had only played 1 game at this point) was flying Boba Fett with HLC (in addition to some TIEs).  Boba ended up just barely in range 3.  Imperials had initiative so Boba shot first.  He picks up the dice and rolls 4 hits against Tycho (didn't even need to use focus!)

My brother, sweating a little now, rolls his 4 defense dice (he had a stealth device) and rolls all evades and eyeballs.  He sighed, relieved and removed his focus token.  That's when my team mate says "hey, what's 'Gunner' do?"  Picking up the other upgrade he had chosen for Boba.  I smirked.

Unfortunately, Gunner's second attack requires you to fire your Primary weapon instead of your HLC. Your friend should have rolled three dice for the second attack.

I would not bring this up to your brother.

For my story: was doing one of the missions from the original rulebook. It's the one where you have a bunch of satellites, and the Imperials have to land their ships directly on them, take an attack to "download data" and then successfully retreat to across the board. I was Imperials, and was running Turr, a PTL Royal Guard, Howlrunner and a pair of Academies against Luke, Garven and Biggs. I can't land on top of the satellites to save my life, and Turr, Howl and an Academy were blown up fairly quicly. I manage to get it down to one satellite with an Academy in position to cap it, and have to decide: do I send my Royal Guard for support, or do I keep him separate so he can be ready to bolt?

I gamble on the Academy, who executes a perfect landing. This left the Royal Guard (who had capped a satellite earlier) in a mad footrace with Biggs. One could execute 4-straights while boosting and evading every turn, the other was capped at 4-straight with no boost. No contest.

Edited by PhantomFO, 12 June 2014 - 11:51 PM.

• Scurvy Lobster and KommanderKeldoth like this

REBEL: 3 X-Wings, 2 B-Wings, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 Z95 Headhunter, 1 YT-1300, 1 HWK-290

IMPERIAL: 5 TIE Fighters, 3 TIE Interceptors, 1 TIE Phantom 1 TIE Advanced, 1 Lambda, 1 Firespray

#8 Klutz

Klutz

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:47 PM

Unfortunately, Gunner's second attack requires you to fire your Primary weapon instead of your HLC. Your friend should have rolled three dice for the second attack.

I would not bring this up to your brother.

Also, the brother should have rolled 5 green dice for the second attack.

#9 Eltnot

Eltnot

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:48 PM

I recently introduced my four year old niece to Samus and the idea that girls can kick butt.

• Stelar 7 likes this

Carpe Jugulum

The Fleet:

Spoiler

#10 swimmingordy

swimmingordy

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

My buddy came over on Sunday and he, I and my two month old son played Xwing. The kiddo was in the Baby Bejorn of course, controlling me like a Robot from Pacific rim. Naturally, I threw on his onesie that says 'Storm Pooper'. I got him started EARLY.
  • Shocker and CheesyRobMan like this

#11 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:13 AM

My buddy came over on Sunday and he, I and my two month old son played Xwing. The kiddo was in the Baby Bejorn of course, controlling me like a Robot from Pacific rim. Naturally, I threw on his onesie that says 'Storm Pooper'. I got him started EARLY.

Enjoy it while it lasts! My son entered the "grabby" phase at about 5 months, and X-wing sessions with the Bjorn had to be summarily canceled. )c:

#12 swimmingordy

swimmingordy

• Members
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 07:54 AM

Deux ex machina - a gigantic space baby has destroyed your fleet. Not legal for tournament play.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS