Photo

Which Characters would you to add or remove?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 389 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 05:50 PM

Nothing against Sacrilege83's thread, but just a different way to get opinions.

Which Characters would you like added or not implemented for Talisman? Vote here:

http://boardgamegeek...030792#16030792
  • Sacrilege83 likes this

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#2 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:48 AM

A poll is a much easier way. Nice one.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#3 Sacrilege83

Sacrilege83

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:41 AM

^I tried looking for the poll option but coudn't find a way to implement one.

I really want to see the Dark Elf make its entrance.  They're a race featured in so many fantasy worlds under different iterations: Warhammer, Tolkien, Forgotten Realms, Marvel's Thor.  I would like to see a 4th edition.

As for my Elimination thread, it shouldn't really be that complicated than what it is made out to be, it's just copy the last posted list, paste it, modify the points, and post.  That game has been done plenty of times on forums before with no problems, and considering we're complexed gamers I thought this would be a non-issue.  More revealing if there were more active members participating.  Anyway sorry for the off topic,

Edited by Sacrilege83, 13 June 2014 - 10:08 AM.

#4 Sacrilege83

Sacrilege83

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 10:27 AM

I'm surprised Golem receives no love.  I liked the character they had in the videogame Dragon Age, thought it would be very different from having another typical human character.

Down with Timescape!

Not surprised that Yeti, Kabuki, Tengu are voted down.  Those characters plus Rakshasa, Gorgon, Succubus, you have to do some research a bit on Google to find out what they are.  I didn't know Medusa had her own species.  I also think the Tiger version of Rakshasa could be D&D copyrighted or I could be wrong.

Halfling (thank you Hobbit) & Barbarian currently share the lead.  Most of the old Characters getting are backed right now except Skaven.  I'm surprise people like the Scout, I hate his face, don't remember his game mechanic, to me he's just not unique enough, just another human.

Edited by Sacrilege83, 13 June 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#5 Sacrilege83

Sacrilege83

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 09:38 PM

After 25 votes:

Current Top 10:

1. Halfling
  2. Dark Elf
  3. Barbarian
  4. Orc
  5. Shaman
  6. Pirate
  7. Centaur
  8. Scout
  9. Ninja
  10. Crusader

Current Bottom 10:

1. Chainsaw Warrior
  2. Space Marine
  3. Space Pirate
  4. Kabuki
  5. Astronaut
  6. Cyborg
  7. Scientist
  8. Rock Golem
  9. Astropath
  10. Yeti

#6 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 788 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 07:32 AM

After seeing the bottom 10 I want to cry.

Especially Astropath... one of the greatest characters, and the only character in my Timescape 4th RE version that didn't start with any fate points.

From that top 10 list I wouldn't want to see a halfling. Halflings are meant to stay and die in their homes.

Barbarian... Barbarians are stupid idiots, and they only think about fighting and killing. I don't think Conan would ever care about some kind of magic crown... at best he would just throw it at someone (or not, for hurting people he has a long sword).

To troll a bit, I would love to see the Mime character!
Enter the Talisman Island!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS