• Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

#121 DagobahDave

DagobahDave

Laser Brain

• Members
  • 1,263 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

I agree that the standard dice are poor quality.  The translucent dice seem to be much better.  I think there are a lot of flaws in the standard dice.

How so? Is there really an objective difference between the two? I think the translucent dice look better, but I'm pretty sure they all roll the same.

Join the Unofficial X-Wing Galactic Campaign and propel your favorite faction toward victory every time you play!

#122 YwingAce

YwingAce

• Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

Guys, it's Emperor Palpatine's little brother!!!!

In all seriousness though, I haven't seen anything to prove you're right. I've seen a few members make suggestions, and you call them trolls, and say they're opinion isn't worth anything. If this communities opinion isn't worth anything, why are you even here?????

Rebel Alliance: 2 X-wings, 1 Y-wing, 2 A-wing, 2 B-wing, 1 Hwk-290, 1 Yt-1300, 1 E-wing, 1 Yt-2400
Imperial Navy: 4 Tie Fighters, 3 Tie Interceptors, 1 Tie Advanced, 1 Tie Bomber, 1 Lambda, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Tie Defender, 1 Tie Phantom, 1 VT-49 Decimator
"Pretty, what do we blow up first?" - Wraith Squadron motto
GREEDO SHOT FIRST! *Ducks under cover*

#123 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,110 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

Guys this thread is two months old. Let it die.

#124 zathras23

zathras23

• Members
  • 769 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:41 AM

The community we have here isn't perfect, but overall I believe that we are all civil and willing to help in just about every way. If you require some form of proof, go ahead and search for the thread entitled "Lost my minis" or something to that effect that was started by Millennium Falsehood back at the beginning of May. This group of people is totally and completely willing to throw wads of cash at a member in need. That's saying a lot.

Obviously it isnt I asked for dice alternatives, and instead of being helpful the majority of the 'community' here decided to be pissants and just be internet trolls. I dont care about your opinion about how the dice roll. Ive rolled them enough to want better options. If you dont have any positive feedback you and the rest of your 'civil' community should just keep your mouth shut

You say bad dice, I say operator error. Sounds to me as if you're using the ID-10-T mode of rolling dice and complaining it's the dice's fault for your poor rolling. My suggestion is stop using the ID-10-T mode to complain about how bad your dice are and just enjoy the game.

#125 progressions

progressions

• Members
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

Maybe type "custom dice" into Google and visit one of the 10 million results that comes up.

https://www.google.c...?#q=custom dice

EOTE Styles and Dice Symbols for Obsidian Portal

Our group's EOTE Obsidian Portal: Explorers on the Edge

#126 executor

executor

• Members
  • 492 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:00 PM

My dice are only wonky in my own hand. Everyone else that uses them does fine with them.

lol, nice.. reminds me of my dice although i'm exactly opposite.

my defense dice are hot 99% of the time, but as soon as somebody else picks up my dice.. they roll cold for them, every time

i think i just have a magic touch to my rolling

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 3 Y-wings, 6 A-wings, 4 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders, 1 VT-49 Decimator

#127 Introverdant

Introverdant

• Members
  • 510 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:17 PM

Use the dice app. 

Gosh.

#128 Glentopher

Glentopher

Huge Member

• Members
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:22 PM

For possible alternate dice I have started investigating putting a project together at q-workshop:

http://community.fan...ct-help-wanted/

Scum: 1 Firespray, 1 HWK, 2 Y-Wing's, 4 Z-95's

#129 negative9

negative9

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

put all your dice in a cup. When you want to roll...randomly draw however many dice you need.  Then even if they are a little weighted, they will still be random with the addition of the random selection of dice to begin with.  

I have never seen a problem with the dice, but if you have this might be a good solution for your gaming group.  However, it will not fly in a tournament of course.

#130 Dokasamurp

Dokasamurp

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

To be fair, all he really wanted was a source from which he could buy (real, physical) third party dice.

I will be the guy to answer his question: no, sir; I am unable to provide you with a source, as I believe nobody is making them.

Now, on to the good stuff.. wow that guy was a huge ****.

• YwingAce likes this

#131 YwingAce

YwingAce

• Members
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:06 PM

^

Rebel Alliance: 2 X-wings, 1 Y-wing, 2 A-wing, 2 B-wing, 1 Hwk-290, 1 Yt-1300, 1 E-wing, 1 Yt-2400
Imperial Navy: 4 Tie Fighters, 3 Tie Interceptors, 1 Tie Advanced, 1 Tie Bomber, 1 Lambda, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Tie Defender, 1 Tie Phantom, 1 VT-49 Decimator
"Pretty, what do we blow up first?" - Wraith Squadron motto
GREEDO SHOT FIRST! *Ducks under cover*

#132 indyXwinger

indyXwinger

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:38 PM

dice are an important part of the game...please allow all players to use the translucent dice please.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS