• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 DurakBlackaxe

DurakBlackaxe

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:26 AM

Without any Spoilers.

What was the funniest/enjoyable moment you seen or played?

One of my most interesting experiences was to do with role switching.

Our charming rogue type decided to not interrogate the people we were dealing with and so my bullheaded dwarf had to do it instead, he tends to hit people that annoy him. With my 3 dice i passed all the rolls.

Then in a hard combat the combat characters were heavily damaged (i took 10 wounds out of 16 in one hit)and this normally run away at first sign of trouble rogue type ( he been running away for a year)went into melee and destroyed the enemy and his one black defense protected him.

Edited by DurakBlackaxe, 10 June 2014 - 06:27 AM.

• Emirikol likes this

#2 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 2,016 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

Still couple of years back, Finduals the Wood Elf carrying the cultist over his shoulder who he just shot dead with arrows (still in him), on way to "question" authorities.

Villager (me) says, "Is, is that the doctor???" (stammering, lip quivering).

Findulas answers "Yup", and walks on - oblivious/uncaring of the issue of explaining to humans why he killed one of them.

One of those, "you had to be there" I think moments, the wood elf channeling Clint Eastwood etc.

• Emirikol likes this

#3 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:37 AM

One of our players who perpetually has a "red shirt" character was killed when the wizard tried to "save him" and got the chaos star (or whatever that roll is that makes healing worse).  That was classic. I think that was when we played The Gathering Storm.

Another was in TEW (minor spoiler) where the gambler tried to balance a rusty pipe and chaos'ed his roll and did the splits.

I also appreciated when our red shirt guy got buried alive (for safety b/c he was unconscious and we didn't want to leave him to be discovered by goblins), but then the party got TPK'd in Black Fire Pass.

Edited by Emirikol, 10 June 2014 - 10:38 AM.

#4 Eradico Pravus

Eradico Pravus

• Members
  • 245 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

So there was the time my dockhand gave the halfling smuggler a piggyback ride through swampy terrain. Halfway across in chest-deep water daemonettes rose out of the muck. The halfling failed his discipline check and got rather, um, aroused. 

Everyone at the table--GM included--had a grand old time as my dockhand attempted to stave off the daemonettes, cross the swamp, and keep the halfling from drowning. Especially when a chaos star was subsequently rolled and the halfling tried to "have his way" with the dockhand's helmet earhole.

• Emirikol likes this

#5 Emirikol

Emirikol

~Ĉiam subskribi antaŭ-nup kun Fimir

• Members
  • 5,120 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:18 PM

That wasn't the same campaign where the trollslayer had to gag the hostage with his loincloth was it?

• Eradico Pravus likes this

#6 Carcosa

Carcosa

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

Not a RPG, but one of my funniest moments was when I was playing Rouge Trader W40k. I was playing against a squat (dwarf) army and I threw a Warp grenade at the opposing generals command group wearing Exo armour. Of course I missed and it scattered behind them. Undeterred, I shot his general with my shotgun equipped squad and pushed his general into the warp marker. Best 1.80 I ever spent :D

• Emirikol likes this

#7 Ralzar

Ralzar

• Members
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:34 AM

Well, we had a pretty amusing session last night. The group plays a bunch of chaos-worshiping norscans. They have been trying to build up their corruption over time. Particularly one berserker has been keen on getting mutations but only mutation in the group has been the archer getting clawed hands.

Yesterday they finished the current campaign/adventure and went into new careers. The berserker chose to go into a leadership career to increase his fellowship and start gathering followers.

When rolling for corruption, we do not do it mid-game. Instead, I wait until a lull in the adventure where they are traveling or resting. Then they do all their corruption rolls and the mutation start to sprout during the down-time. They had been in contact with a lot of chaos-stuff during the adventure and the results were extreme.

The Warrior: Sprouted wings. He's not quite sure how he feels about this.

The Archer: Already had claws and a garish scar permanent injury, now he also has a featureless face and an eye-ball in his palm. This character was always played sort of creepy, now he's the stuff of nightmares.

The Berserker: Got blood-colored skin, yellow glowing eyes and... a BEAK!

The Berserker suddenly started being a lot more cautious of trying to gain corruption :D

Edited by Ralzar, 12 June 2014 - 12:37 AM.

• Emirikol likes this

#8 reg

reg

• Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 05:51 PM

Too many to write them all, but perhaps the sight of Grim Grimnirsson, mighty dwarf troll slayer vaulting over the landing of a sleazy Inn prior to drop-kicking a band of marauding undead - and, after catching his foot on the bannister falling ten feet to lie stunned in a mob of eight bemused zombies. Or our mighty scout falling down a manhole into the sewers then being used as a stepping stone by the rest of the party. Or the destruction of the clock tower in Ogasse by the entire Trouser Bandits crew whilst in hot pursuit of a giant killer chicken. Magic!

• Emirikol likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS