Star Wars TCG Episode 17: Knowledge and Shadows

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dcottingham21

dcottingham21

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

Here's the latest episode of Star Wars TCG.

Star Wars TCG Episode 17: Knowledge and Shadows

David and Cory review 'Knowledge and Defense', the third Force Pack in the 'Echoes of the Force' cycle. Then, they discuss the announcement of the next deluxe expansion pack 'Between the Shadows' and their feelings on the Restricted List.

Check out all the episodes at starwarstcg.com or subscribe to us on iTunes.

Thanks for listening!

David

@StarWarsTCG

Edited by dcottingham21, 09 June 2014 - 07:24 PM.

#2 Thaliak

Thaliak

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

Thanks for posting. It's interesting to hear that people are building Scum and Villainy decks around capturing opponents' characters, as I got the impression many people disliked the Capture mechanics.

According to page 3 of the FAQ, the Dark Side player can look at captured cards.

#3 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,506 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

Also, I'm pretty sure that 'reveal' means everybody sees it. I don't see it defined in the FAQ or rules, but every instance of 'reveal' in the core rules refers to a situation where both players see the cards (i.e. flipping your objectives over, revealing edge stacks, playing cards, etc.).

• GroggyGolem likes this

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#4 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 690 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

Also, I'm pretty sure that 'reveal' means everybody sees it. I don't see it defined in the FAQ or rules, but every instance of 'reveal' in the core rules refers to a situation where both players see the cards (i.e. flipping your objectives over, revealing edge stacks, playing cards, etc.).

Yeah reveal should be so that all players see the card.

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#5 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 02:20 PM

That's what reveal the actual word means anyway :)

I've tried listening to this show a number of times early on and recently again. There's always a couple of errors that end up making me feel less than satisfied with the show. Not trying to be a jerk. Just providing feedback.

#6 dcottingham21

dcottingham21

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:17 AM

First, thanks for listening to the show!

Second, we didn't have a question about 'reveal'.  I was wondering with 'Tatooine Crash' if I, as the DS player, was allowed to look at the card.  But as Thaliak stated, it's in the FAQ page 3.  It's been a while since I read that rule.  Thanks Thaliak.

And finally, we don't claim to be experts or professionals.  We're gonna make errors.  But that's the beauty of this community, getting feedback, spreading the game and discussing the rules so everyone can enjoy playing.  Above all, we love being involved in the discussions and we try to make the shows entertaining.  Again, thanks so much for listening!

MTFBWY,

David

@StarWarsTCG

• Thaliak likes this

#7 Daedalus

Daedalus

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 09:19 AM

My big gripe with this podcast (and the main thing keeping me from having an interest in listening) is the name.  As someone who was a big fan of the actual Star Wars TCG (made by WotC), taking the name gives the impression that you don't respect that game or the players who were fans of it.  Coupled with the fact that everyone refers to this game as Star Wars LCG, it just feels like you are being intentionally contrary.

I understand this may not be the case, and perhaps you weren't even aware of the pre-existing TCG, but it just gives the impression that you didn't really care.  That's only my personal opinion though, and I'm sure one listener isn't going to stop your podcast from being a success.

#8 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,141 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 11:26 AM

The name is what it is because the name of the card game is actually Star Wars: The Card Game as opposed to the WOTC game which was Star Wars Trading Card Game. 

They've addressed that on an episode that I did listen to. 

#9 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 20 June 2014 - 12:23 PM

My big gripe with this podcast (and the main thing keeping me from having an interest in listening) is the name. As someone who was a big fan of the actual Star Wars TCG (made by WotC), taking the name gives the impression that you don't respect that game or the players who were fans of it. Coupled with the fact that everyone refers to this game as Star Wars LCG, it just feels like you are being intentionally contrary.

I understand this may not be the case, and perhaps you weren't even aware of the pre-existing TCG, but it just gives the impression that you didn't really care. That's only my personal opinion though, and I'm sure one listener isn't going to stop your podcast from being a success.

Initials for the actual game are TCG so if that's your biggest gripe against listening to an entertaining podcast, then you're just missing out.

Edited by JMCB, 20 June 2014 - 12:40 PM.

• GroggyGolem and dcottingham21 like this

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#10 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,207 posts

Posted 21 June 2014 - 12:02 AM

It bugs me too, but then I have issues with the names of most of the known podcasts about this game (which I've mentioned in other threads and so won't rehash here), so ultimately it doesn't much affect my response either way.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS