How to best store/move the cards?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 WookieeRoar

WookieeRoar

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:56 PM

I'm wondering what people think is the most effective method to store/move their collection?

Since I don't play close at home, I want to be able to carry my whole collection (while it's still feasible to do so) so I can play-test different combionations of pods. To do so, I want to bothe be able to easily swap pods and to have a clear view on what is in the pod when selecting it.

For a while I had all my cards in large Dragon Shield deck-boxes which would hold all cards of one affilation in one section. So I'd carry along 4 boxes plus one additional box to hold my constructed decks and play tokens.

This would allow me to keep the cards in their sleeves and easily rotate pods.

The biggest disadvantage is that I have to take out each pod to check the individual cards of a pod I'm considering, making it harder to construct a new deck from scratch and causing me to ignore lesser used pods.

I now switched back to a binder with card-sleeves, this allows me to have a good overview of the cards in each pod (3 cards on the left side of the page, 3 on the right side) and since my cards are also in tight-fit holders, I can move them without much risk of serious damage to the cards.

However, it's more work to rotate pods and I have to re-sleeve pods I'll  use and remove the sleeves of pods I put back.

So I'm looking for other suggestions to how to store your cards in a way that makes it easy to both check the cards and rotate them for play-testing.

#2 Rogue 4

Rogue 4

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:14 PM

I use an old Star Wars CCG Anthology box x2. One holds all the pods I am not currently using and another holds about 5-6 decks I have made plus a box to hold tokens and the DS dial.

decipher-star-wars-ccg-third-anthology-b

I also have sleeved all my cards in the New Hope Sleeves so I do not have to change sleeves for a pod if I use it in a different deck. I use the Slave Leia for my Objective cards on the light side and the Emperor Force lightning sleeves for the Dark side.

Edited by Rogue 4, 09 June 2014 - 01:15 PM.

Millennium Falcon, Rebel Transport, Tantive IV, A-Wing x2, B-wing, E-Wing, X-wing x4, Y-wing, Z95 Headhunter x2, HWK-290, TIE Fighter x 5, TIE Advanced x1, TIE Bomber, x1, TIE Interceptor x1, TIE Defender, TIE Phantom,  Imperial Aces, Slave I, Lambda Shuttle

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:52 PM

Heh, that's exactly what I'm using to store my decks (my SWCCG decks are in the 2nd anthology box).

• Rogue 4 likes this

#4 Nosilloc

Nosilloc

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

Mine are in the sealed deck box :)

#5 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:37 AM

A few long boxes work well for storing the cards not currently in decks. Then, just use regular deck boxes for the 4-10 decks that you currently play heavily. 

Another helpful tip - leave the excellent objective sets sleeved. I play multiple LCGs, and so do not have every card that I own sleeved. But, there are certain objective sets that, although not in any of my current decks, are simply great sets, and I know will be used again sometime soon. Other sets have no foreseeable use, and remain unsleeved.  

Edited by divinityofnumber, 10 June 2014 - 09:39 AM.

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#6 JMCB

JMCB

• Members
  • 290 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 11:30 PM

I use a binder and throw each set in a spot - makes deckbuilding really fast (and I always know what sets are in use).

Top Tier Gaming, a community dedicated to Star Wars: The Card Game - http://toptiergaming.com
Follow us on Twitter - @toptiergaming
Like us on Facebook - facebook.com/toptiergaming
Streaming games on Twitch - twitch.tv/TeamTopTierGaming

#7 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:48 PM

Sandwich bags in the Core Set box for me.  Not pretty, but it gets the job done.  xD

• GoblynByte likes this

#8 GoblynByte

GoblynByte

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:49 PM

Sandwich bags in the Core Set box for me.  Not pretty, but it gets the job done.  xD

I do a bit of the same at the moment. Although I also use extra plastic bags from various FFG products. :)

#9 GoblynByte

GoblynByte

• Members
  • 256 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 03:55 PM

Another good item is the 0.3 liter boxes from Really Useful Boxes. They fit standard cards PERFECTLY and hold probably 150 cards. However, the cards do NOT fit these boxes once they are sleeved with FFG's standards sized sleeves (they are just a hair too long). But the boxes stack well so you can use them to store cards that are not actively used.

Edited by GoblynByte, 11 June 2014 - 03:55 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS