Photo

Epic team play... Slicer tool... The Phantom's bane!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Jagd

Jagd

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:58 PM

So I had my first Epic team game this afternoon. I was playing Rebel with the Transport and my friend was playing the Corvette. Both our ships were using the Slicer tool, cargo upgrade. My 200 pts rebel build was made specifically for ditching alot of stress token on the enemy with Raymus, the Jam action of the transport combined with frequency jammer and Hobbie and the R3 Droid that give an opponent stress tokens + Flechettes.

The combo of the Duty free + Jam + Frequency jammer was utterly devastating for the opposing team. Every turn I was stressing 2 ships and right after the Corvette was moving and Boom! Slicer tool: 2 damage without even firing.

The Phantom got hit by the Corvette main gun (5 dices with rerolls (TL) against 5 defense dices, totally possible to hit in those condition) + 2 Slicer tool and boom Whisper was gone, he was only able to shot once in the whole game... Soontir got wacked also by the infamous Jam + Slicer tool combo!

Actually we did more damage with that combo than with any other of our ship's primary or secondary weapon .

Jam + Slicer tool is really strong on Dutyfree alone, but with the ability to give 3 stress tokens on 2 different ships every turn and to get the Corvette to use the Slicer tool right away, is simply devastating...

At the end there was the Corvette, Hobbie and the Transport.

In Epic format guys, at least... do not fear the Phantom! :-)

#2 Aminar

Aminar

• Members
  • 3,098 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:30 PM

So I had my first Epic team game this afternoon. I was playing Rebel with the Transport and my friend was playing the Corvette. Both our ships were using the Slicer tool, cargo upgrade. My 200 pts rebel build was made specifically for ditching alot of stress token on the enemy with Raymus, the Jam action of the transport combined with frequency jammer and Hobbie and the R3 Droid that give an opponent stress tokens + Flechettes.
The combo of the Duty free + Jam + Frequency jammer was utterly devastating for the opposing team. Every turn I was stressing 2 ships and right after the Corvette was moving and Boom! Slicer tool: 2 damage without even firing.
The Phantom got hit by the Corvette main gun (5 dices with rerolls (TL) against 5 defense dices, totally possible to hit in those condition) + 2 Slicer tool and boom Whisper was gone, he was only able to shot once in the whole game... Soontir got wacked also by the infamous Jam + Slicer tool combo!
Actually we did more damage with that combo than with any other of our ship's primary or secondary weapon .
Jam + Slicer tool is really strong on Dutyfree alone, but with the ability to give 3 stress tokens on 2 different ships every turn and to get the Corvette to use the Slicer tool right away, is simply devastating...
At the end there was the Corvette, Hobbie and the Transport.
In Epic format guys, at least... do not fear the Phantom! :-)

Phantoms are not made for Epic Play. I ran Roark and Chewie on an epic team today.
On the turn Chewie Blasted Whisper he had
1 Evade
2 Focus
a Han Soloed Target Lock
Pilot skill 12.
Whisper got 1 shot off in 3 rounds of combat before being toasted. Slicer tools, while nice, isn't the key. Popping her before she can recloak is.
Also Roark giving the Cr-90 PS 12 is frankly amazing. Roark and Dutch supporting a CR-90 with Doddona's pride is terrifying and epic. Although I still prefer a double Comms Booster Transport. Throw on Torryn Farr or Targeting Coordinator and you're a support ship worth gold.
I have yet to see jamming be as useful as Free energy boosts and reinforce or coordinate... I can never fit it in unless it really messes with an attacker. But that's probably a style thing.

#3 Jagd

Jagd

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:12 PM

Roark giving 12 PS to the CR is really nice indeed. The jam action is really powerful and indeed a style thing. My deck is fully synergies to maximize the effectiveness of the Slicer tool and stress tokens. Having an interceptor list crippled with stress token is a common sight in Epic game. And multiple stress tokens just plainly stop enemy ships in their track.

Roark is obviously strong against the Phantom, but the slicer tool kills without even bothering to give attention to the ship in question. My fighters were concentrating on other targets while the CR was single handedly taking care of the Phantom alone!

Edited by Jagd, 08 June 2014 - 11:13 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS