Winterscale or Chorda?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 869 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:51 PM

To the OP, which of the two does my party support? It would likely be Chorda by default, considering Caligos Winterscale isn't on good terms with the party's House. That, and the whole bit where he cut off my character's arm in an honour duel, stabbed him through the heart with his own sword, and then proceeded to cut off both his hands and throw them into a bag...all because my character killed a distant cousin of his in a prior duel gone wrong.

My character is still alive (that's what fate points are for, thank goodness the doc had a stasis unit of some kind hidden in the body bag so he could be revived later), and now one of the other players (a Rogue Trader) who wasn't even involved with the duel wants to bring Winterscale down in every way possible.

We'll see how that goes though

My Calligos Winterscale also likes to cut off the arms of people who challenge him to duels. Or disrespect him. Did he cut off your character's arm and then pointedly cut the hand off as well? Did he give the rest of the arm back as change?

• Amroth likes this

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#42 Crow Eye

Crow Eye

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 03:29 PM

To the OP, which of the two does my party support? It would likely be Chorda by default, considering Caligos Winterscale isn't on good terms with the party's House. That, and the whole bit where he cut off my character's arm in an honour duel, stabbed him through the heart with his own sword, and then proceeded to cut off both his hands and throw them into a bag...all because my character killed a distant cousin of his in a prior duel gone wrong.

My character is still alive (that's what fate points are for, thank goodness the doc had a stasis unit of some kind hidden in the body bag so he could be revived later), and now one of the other players (a Rogue Trader) who wasn't even involved with the duel wants to bring Winterscale down in every way possible.

We'll see how that goes though

My Calligos Winterscale also likes to cut off the arms of people who challenge him to duels. Or disrespect him. Did he cut off your character's arm and then pointedly cut the hand off as well? Did he give the rest of the arm back as change?

Yeah, my character got to keep the arm, all Winterscale wanted was the hands of the man who "murdered" his third cousin (the only one he happened to like, as it was). This was fortunate, because my character has (hidden) sub-dermal armour implants, meaning if he'd lost his arm, he'd have to get new ones there. Considering they were non-standard, it would have been awhile.

As far as the game goes, the universe believes him dead, because it probably isn't a good idea to make mention of the fact you're still alive when you died at the hands of the most powerful man in the expanse after he challenged you to a duel to the death. Duel to the death is supposed to mean what is dead stays dead, at least one would assume.

His time will come though, our Rogue Trader is plotting his demise, though it could just mean everyone gets blown up by the Emperor's Vow in the end too

#43 GGTW21

GGTW21

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 August 2014 - 01:45 AM

Cool update, it seems my group ( I play the Void-master of the group) has managed to find one of Chorda's legitimate sisters for our as yet unknown party....... though we have learned that our mystery boss has some friends in very high places.... in this case the Tricorn Palace. While our small scale piracy of Winterscale has netted us a little extra PF, we are finding a lot more guns aimed at us than I am comfortable with being aimed at my pride and joy (I don't care what the RT says the ship is MINE!). So we have taken a small detour to a little uninhabited system with a couple nice planets to restock essentials, do some repairs, and let the heat fade a little bit before we poke our noses out again.

I don't know about the rest of you but being woken up from stasis aboard an unknown ship and then being essentially carried into a sparse room with stormtroopers and an Inquisitor and being told and I quote "I am here to test you for taint and heresy, if you survive you will once again be able to hold your head high as an Imperial citizen". We left with the cliffhanger of being led from the room with only the astropath being allowed to stay (we figured so the findings could be sent instantly) and being told that as the door closed behind us we hear a scream like someone's soul is getting pulled out of them then being sent through a blender. So hopefully next session we get some answers and maybe the astropath gets to roll for insanity from what she see's.

Edited by GGTW21, 10 August 2014 - 01:45 AM.

#44 ultrashake

ultrashake

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:25 PM

Winterscale. He was more of a friendly chap to my players so they just backed him.

"The endless dark of the universe is yours, if you but reach out to take it. Yield nothing—the void respects only strength." — Serren Travius, Rogue Trader

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS