How do you Corran?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 negative9

negative9

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:00 AM

Also, you cant boost twice.  R7-T1 lets you perform a free boost action.  So you can't do the same action twice...even if one of them is free.

#22 Gundog8324

Gundog8324

• Members
  • 791 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:59 PM

I probably would run him with PTL+R2+EU and then a FCS (I think Etahn i would go adv sensor on it or for the generics)  The biggest trick I would recommend tor people is saving their focus for the second shot if possible because then your opponent spends their tokens on the first attack, (although the rule still applies spend it when you see the Eyes I would say 2 or more is probably a good bet)

Another option you can try is that astromech that is the poor man's FCS it is less reliable, yes, but then you can have it and an advanced sensors

#23 ObiWonka

ObiWonka

• Members
  • 299 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:09 PM

Why did you need both Engine and the Astromech that lets you boost? Seems like a lot of points for a little gain.

You'd be surprised how advantageous boosting twice is... Gets him out of all sorts of trouble or in range 1 and put of arc etc of stuff... :-)

Also, you cant boost twice.  R7-T1 lets you perform a free boost action.  So you can't do the same action twice...even if one of them is free.

What he said. ;)

Rebel: 2x A-Wing, 2x B-Wing, 1x E-Wing, 2x HWK-290, 4x X-Wing, 2x Y-Wing, 1x YT-1300, 1x Z-95 Headhunter

Imperial: 1x Firespray-31, 1x Lambda Shuttle, 1x TIE Defender, 6x TIE Fighter, 1x TIE Advanced, 2x TIE Bomber, 6x TIE Interceptor, 1x TIE Phantom

BEARFACE

#24 Ravncat

Ravncat

• Members
  • 685 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

if you had access to extra focus tokens somehow - Expose + R2F2 is somewhat interesting, as you have a defense boost action for the turns you're not attacking, and an offense boost action for the turns you are attacking.  While it may not be the best options - Corran does seem one of the best places to place multiple action upgrades that you wouldn't take normally, due to the contextual attack  / no attack  set up.

Though - I am guessing The best use of Corran will involve not taking the double attack every other turn, but only when it will finish an opponent off.

• IvlerIin and ObiWonka like this

#25 Mandragola

Mandragola

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

For in-game effect, rather than calculations, you can never rule out advanced sensors as an upgrade. I think people playing against Corran are going to want to block him and generally mess up his actions, which is the downside of his high PS. I know I'd be putting all kinds of stuff in his way, especially if he was stressed and his moves were predictable. The moment he bangs into the ship he has his target lock on his efficiency drops away fast. Double shots missed hurt twice as bad.

I'd argue against PTL on Corran because stress is not at all your friend. Maybe it would be ok with an R2, but there are better mechs that you'd want instead. I expect that you'd often want to have Corran pull a long K-turn the turn after he did his double shot, so you don't want to already be stressed at that point. For sure you can pull 2 turns to get back if you've got the R2, and rolling helps, but that option to put an evade up with advanced sensors and then K-turn seems like it would be great to me.

So my set up would be to go with marksmanship and advanced sensors, plus other stuff if you want (engine definitely a good option). If I'm going to hit something but there are other targets behind it, I can just stick up marksmanship and then bang into the first ship. You could even use the e-wing's speed to do this deliberately, so that corran was touching the front shops, in range of the second line (I'm thinking of a swarm-type set up here) and took minimal return fire.

Instead of the advanced sensors you could  try someone who hands out actions. Lando would be by far my preferred option here, but then you're running a 2-ship build. That could be interesting, I suppose! It might work, if you stuck R2-D2 on Corran and really worked to keep him alive... well sometimes it might.

Edited by Mandragola, 09 June 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#26 MajorJuggler

MajorJuggler

MathWinger

• Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

As excited as I am that Expose might finally have some potential, I have yet to see the mathwingers weigh in on the issue.

I'll get around to it eventually.  :D

• IvlerIin likes this

#27 IvlerIin

IvlerIin

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

Engine, Daredevil, Adv. Sensors, R2D2. Sure it's 14pts on someone already super expensive. But the options for positioning are amazing. If he manages to live to the end-game double-tapping and doing "hit-and-fades" should make that ~50% Total Point investment worth while.

It's read as "Merlin"... and yes, like Ivlagic...

#28 Ribann

Ribann

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:01 PM

Engine, Daredevil, Adv. Sensors, R2D2. Sure it's 14pts on someone already super expensive. But the options for positioning are amazing. If he manages to live to the end-game double-tapping and doing "hit-and-fades" should make that ~50% Total Point investment worth while.

What situation do you see arising where you'd need daredevil? You need to explain the logic behind taking something like Daredevil over anything else that's better...which is almost every EPT.

#29 IvlerIin

IvlerIin

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:56 PM

Evasive maneuvers after double-tapping. Combined with Sensors, Daredevil opens up a 1-Turn "red" to the E-Wing. Which can be cleared if you are making a green maneuver, proc'ing R2D2 as well. You could probably get away without and just engine upgrade. But 1-Turn followed by a 5-Straight should keep Him completely out of arc of someone coming at him head to head. Or a 1-Turn-Left followed by a 3-Turn-Right. The only maneuver he cannot do is a 1-Turn then Koiogran.

It's read as "Merlin"... and yes, like Ivlagic...

#30 Revanchist

Revanchist

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

I am thinking a fun way to fly Corran will be by having Corran and Airen fly together. I shall call it: the Corran-Airy
  • Ravncat and IvlerIin like this
Imperial: 5 TIE/ln, 1 TIE/adv, 5 TIE/in, 1 TIE/sa, 1 Firespray-31, 1 Lambda
Rebel: 3 X-wing, 1 Y-wing, 1 A-wing, 1 B-wing, 1 HWK-290, 1 YT-1300

"History is on the move, Captain. Those who cannot keep up will be left behind, to watch from a distance. And those who stand in our way will not watch at all."

#31 Ribann

Ribann

• Members
  • 533 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 07:49 PM

One quick question about Corran:

When he fires at the start of the end phase, does that mean if the ship I'm attacking still has a focus token, they get to keep it? Or does it get removed?

Edited by Ribann, 10 June 2014 - 07:50 PM.

#32 Skargoth

Skargoth

• Members
  • 648 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 08:07 PM

I think something people need to realize with all E-wings, ESPECIALLY Corran, is that when you choose an E-wing you're already paying the cost of the slots you can potentially fill even if you don't. So, if you're going to run Corran, deck him the eff out and assess when to engage and when to scramble.

• IvlerIin likes this

You don't need to strip your miniatures, painting over is fine. No, there should not be a fourth faction, three is the magic number for countering flavor lists and to break up faction distribution. Someone else has likely thought up and posted your amazing new build, so you don't need to stroke your ego when reposting it. The prequels sucked and so would a game based on it. YES, there should be a Custom Forum for terrain and repaints! Moving on...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS