Wrecking The Cord

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Lagomorphia

Lagomorphia

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:49 PM

For those who've played Mission 7: Cutting the Cord (Imperial Aces), which ship is most balanced as the prototype? I get the impression it was designed with an interceptor in mind, but it doesn't specify which ship you use. The base TIE fighter's just asking to die, but the TIE advanced and TIE interceptor I think are both viable (the Advanced is more survivable and once the transmitters are up its pathetic attack for its price is more than made up for) I figured Wave 4 would break it by adding a Defender or Phantom prototype, but then it occured to me that it doesn't say anywhere that you couldn't use the Lambda or the Firespray.

Has anyone run Cutting the Cord with ships other than the TIE interceptor? How did it go?

Edited by Lagomorphia, 09 June 2014 - 07:24 AM.

#2 Black Knight Leader

Black Knight Leader

• Members
  • 399 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:48 PM

For those who've played Mission 7: Cutting the Cord (Imperial Aces), which ship is most balanced as the prototype. I get the impression it was designed with an interceptor in mind, but it doesn't specify which ship you use. The base TIE fighter's just asking to die, but the TIE advanced and TIE interceptor I think are both viable (the Advanced is more survivable and once the transmitters are up its pathetic attack for its price is more than made up for) I figured Wave 4 would break it by adding a Defender or Phantom prototype, but then it occured to me that it doesn't say anywhere that you couldn't use the Lambda or the Firespray.

Has anyone run Cutting the Cord with ships other than the TIE interceptor? How did it go?

Yup you can use anything not named and even then you could talk some friends into leting you use a Royal Fel with TC and SD with PTL. 

Having a prototype rhino (black rhino?) is funny green full stops for everybody!

May the Holy Trinity be with you and give you peace.

#3 Lagomorphia

Lagomorphia

• Members
  • 830 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:34 AM

Surely using a prototype that powerful unbalances it a bit though?

#4 Garven Dreis

Garven Dreis

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

I reckon the TIE Interceptor is pretty good, I also think the Defender would a great prototype too.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS