Maybe I'll see some of you at Gencon

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bjorn Rockfist

Bjorn Rockfist

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:53 AM

I will be there helping demo games for one of the vendors who will be there. I did buy any tickets for any X-Wing events when they went on sale because I didn't plan on going. But thanks to this vendor I get to go to Gencon and help them out! I am so excited just to be going and getting to see all the coolness that will abound.

Also I hope to meet some of the people from here and other forums as well. Now I'm just counting the days!
  • KineticOperator likes this

Rebel - (4)X-Wing (5)Y (5)A (4)B (3)E (6)HWK-290 (8)Z-95 Headhunter (3)YT-1300 (3) 2400 (2)GR-75 (1)CR-90

Empire - (8)TIE Fighter (4)Advanced (5)Interceptor (6)Bomber (3)Defender (4)Phantom (3)Firespray-31

(4)Lambda-class Shuttle (4)Imperial Aces (2)VT-49 Decimator

SOONtir -  (6)Rebel Aces (6)Most Wanted (7)M3-A (4)StarViper (3)Aggressor

#2 Forgottenlore

Forgottenlore

Midnight Dreary

• Members
  • 1,581 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

I am planning on being at GenCon. What booth will you be working at?

Thanks, Troy

Once Upon a Midnight Dreary....

#3 SableGryphon

SableGryphon

Ghostly Void Bison

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:44 PM

I should be there. First Gencon and none of my friends are going that I know of, so I'm sure I'll be lost and confused. :)

Come on down to Sable's Shuttle Emporium for all your Alabaster Void Bison needs!

5 TIE Advanced, 6 TIE Bomber, 4 TIE Defender, 10 TIE Fighter, 6 TIE Interceptor, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 Firespray, 5 Lambda, 2 VT-49

7 A-Wing, 7 B-Wing, 3 E-Wing, 7 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 Z-95, 4 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300, 2 YT-2400, 2 GR-75, 1 CR-90

#4 Bjorn Rockfist

Bjorn Rockfist

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:51 PM

I will be helping at Coolstuffinc.com booth.  I will be helping them with game demos.  I'll be free after about 7 pm on each day.  So if you wanna hangout or grab a bite to eat....let me know.

Edited by Bjorn Rockfist, 08 June 2014 - 08:54 PM.

Rebel - (4)X-Wing (5)Y (5)A (4)B (3)E (6)HWK-290 (8)Z-95 Headhunter (3)YT-1300 (3) 2400 (2)GR-75 (1)CR-90

Empire - (8)TIE Fighter (4)Advanced (5)Interceptor (6)Bomber (3)Defender (4)Phantom (3)Firespray-31

(4)Lambda-class Shuttle (4)Imperial Aces (2)VT-49 Decimator

SOONtir -  (6)Rebel Aces (6)Most Wanted (7)M3-A (4)StarViper (3)Aggressor

#5 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,465 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:38 AM

I should be there. First Gencon and none of my friends are going that I know of, so I'm sure I'll be lost and confused. :)

Take a fairly detailed read through the online program, and figure out a few things to do each day before you get there. Last year was my first time, and I was not only lost and confused but overwhelmed by the sheer scale, and ended up spending a lot of time just wandering around in a daze rather than engaging in any of the completely awesome stuff happening around me.

…and it's at least equally important that you plan to get 6-8 hours of sleep and spend 10-15 minutes in the shower out of every 24-hour period. Not everyone does those things, and you can pretty easily pick them out of the crowd by Saturday morning. (c:

#6 SableGryphon

SableGryphon

Ghostly Void Bison

• Members
  • 1,208 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:20 AM

Take a fairly detailed read through the online program, and figure out a few things to do each day before you get there. Last year was my first time, and I was not only lost and confused but overwhelmed by the sheer scale, and ended up spending a lot of time just wandering around in a daze rather than engaging in any of the completely awesome stuff happening around me.

…and it's at least equally important that you plan to get 6-8 hours of sleep and spend 10-15 minutes in the shower out of every 24-hour period. Not everyone does those things, and you can pretty easily pick them out of the crowd by Saturday morning. (c:

I'm a veteran con goer, just not to Gencon (or anything of that scale). I am well familiar with the 6-2-1 rule. 6 hours of sleep, 2 actual meals, and 1 shower PER DAY.

As for plans, I have Thursday and Sunday planned. I hope to have Saturday planned (by making it to that day for X-Wing) and I've got Friday reserved for potentially X-Wing again just in case I A) Fail on Thursday and B) Get lucky enough to get in on Friday.

Thanks for the advice though. :)

• Vorpal Sword likes this

Come on down to Sable's Shuttle Emporium for all your Alabaster Void Bison needs!

5 TIE Advanced, 6 TIE Bomber, 4 TIE Defender, 10 TIE Fighter, 6 TIE Interceptor, 4 TIE Phantom, 4 Firespray, 5 Lambda, 2 VT-49

7 A-Wing, 7 B-Wing, 3 E-Wing, 7 X-Wing, 4 Y-Wing, 6 Z-95, 4 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300, 2 YT-2400, 2 GR-75, 1 CR-90

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS