Photo

Which is the better support ship? Kyle, Garven, Roark or Dutch?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 IronTau

IronTau

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:02 AM

It is definitely Dutch Vander. The restrictions on his support ability are easier to manage than Garvin's, and generating Target Locks is stronger than a focus. He is also a great support ship by bringing Ion to your squad to set up for future Target Locked attacks. Since he uses a turret and Garvin does not, he can fly out of formation and turn instead of K-turning while passing Target Locks to friendly K-turners that turn. 

#22 Rhinoviru3

Rhinoviru3

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 02:53 AM

I love Roark. For 24 points you have an Ion Turret that passes PS12 in the combat phase. Brilliant!

Rebels: 4X, 2Y, 2B, 2A, 2Hwk, 2YT, 1GR-75, 2E, 4Z, 1x YT-2400,
(See my Rebels paint thread here!)

Empire: 5x TIE/ln, 3x TIE/sa, 4x TIE/Int, 1x TIE/A, 1x F-31, 1x Lambda, 3x TIE/Pha, 1x TIE/D
(And my Imperial paint thread here!)

#23 berusplants

berusplants

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:01 AM

I love Dutch throw in R5K6 and if you are lucky its TLs for everyone. 

Roark is also very good value, and with range 3 support his ability gets plenty of play. 

4 Ties, 1 Advanced, 2 Bombers, 3 Squints (inc Aces), 1 Defender, 1 Phantom, 1 Firespray and a Shuttle.

3Xs, 2Ys 2Bs, 1 A, 1E, 2Z95s, 1 HWK, 1 YT1200 and a Transport.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS