Photo

Do you think FFG will ever release an app?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:58 PM

Boored:
We're talking about apps which implies the ability to use it on iOS and Macs which you can't do with Lackey or OCTGN.

Lackey is a native Mac application. It runs on mac. It also runs on iPad and it also runs on PC
"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#22 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:54 AM

Warmachine, hordes, and warhammer all have companion apps. There would be 0% loss in sales if they distributed a companion app with quest logs, faqs, rules errata and a deck builder. I don't know why they haven't. I already have this forum, a few card search sites bookmarked and I have a notepad for a makeshift quest log. All of this things in one place with official support would be amazing.

An actual digital version of the game I'm going to say a short no to. Just doesn't seem likely. Which is unfortunate, because it could be really fun.

Edited by ZanzibarLand, 09 June 2014 - 12:55 AM.

#23 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 03:03 AM

Warmachine, hordes, and warhammer all have companion apps

tey do?... link please!

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#24 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 06:27 AM

Warmachine, hordes, and warhammer all have companion apps

tey do?... link please!

War machine war room.
Warhammer quartermaster.

#25 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 07:44 AM

War machine war room.

Warhammer quartermaster.

Holly **** balls!! That is frickn awesome!!! cya!

#26 TragicTheBlathering

TragicTheBlathering

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 08:16 PM

Just want to let you know the iPad version of LackeyCCG is 100% done. The apple approval process is a very arduous one and Trevor (the developer) has had a child and moved house and more.. so a lot of life stuff has delayed it. I expect it should be out soon, though I have been saying that for a long time now! hehe

Just a side note, I do not update the LackeyCCG plugin as often as I probably should. It will always get updates form me but if your looking for near Zero Day updates then the boy doing the OCTGN plugin are your guys. On the plus side it is very easy to update lackeyCCG yourself if you can not wait.

Also OCTGN has a "proxy" system, while lackeyCCG uses a censored card system. This means that even if you do not have the card images, you can play on OCTGN, but in LackeyCCG the most recent packs will be blurred. This is as FFG is only semi tolerant to these digital versions, and asks us to only release cards 6 months after the real cards have been published.

As for FFG making their own app? I think it is only a matter of time. They recently bought CardGameDB and though they reversed the decision they removed export for OCTGN form that site as part of a process to remove the digital versions. This was stopped at FFG, but the general rumor (and that is all it is) was that this was part of their process to pave the way for a official application.

On a personal note I think they are crazy to no make a digital app. It seams like money for nothing. Developing a video game version is just a logistics problem, the game, the art.. everything is done. Also the LCG pack format is a very comfortable and recognized idea in computer gaming circles.. they call it DLC. To be honest I find it incredible they haven't already started doing this.
  • karagh, Raven1015 and ZanzibarLand like this

#27 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:45 AM

Is there any kind of legal constraint regarding using art for a digital version? Legal issues often stop good ideas in their tracks.

If me buying the app and rebuying the 'DLC' packs of adventure cards gave FFG more money and made them notice that LOTR LCG was heaps popular I would.

#28 Cunir

Cunir

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 06:59 AM

I think its a total no-brainer too. These packs aren't always easy to get hold of (especially the nightmare decks), but if they appeared on the app every month then i would basically buy them straight away (i am a sucker for that). If it was just a deck builder then the whole thing would act as one big advert for buying the cards. It's a money spinner.

Having a playable game would be great, but I would be happy with just these:
Deck builder
Up-to-date rules with erratas
Quest log

And maybe some previews too, that would be a bonus
  • richsabre, Olorin93 and ZanzibarLand like this

#29 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 141 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:38 AM

I think its a total no-brainer too. These packs aren't always easy to get hold of (especially the nightmare decks), but if they appeared on the app every month then i would basically buy them straight away (i am a sucker for that). If it was just a deck builder then the whole thing would act as one big advert for buying the cards. It's a money spinner.
Having a playable game would be great, but I would be happy with just these:
Deck builder
Up-to-date rules with erratas
Quest log
And maybe some previews too, that would be a bonus

I would also be happy with that, and think its perfectly doable.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS