FFG Possibly Spoils Wave 5

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#21 Nickotine42

Nickotine42

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:03 PM

Pilot cards without the gear or the red bird.
  • oddeye likes this

#22 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:20 PM

s1n, who said anything about a "third party"? We're talking about factions. :)

If there's a faction other than Rebels or Imperials within a year, someone wins a bet. Faction-flexible ships -- that is, ships that can be flown for either the Rebels or Imperials -- wouldn't count as a third faction.

A new faction would be one that includes ships that can be flown for neither the Rebels nor Imperials, but their own faction.

Well I didn't make any bet with you, but if that's how WonderWAAAGH wants to define it, then he can weigh in.

I'll have to think about it. My inclination is to agree to both, since I rather doubt FFG will make another faction, neutral or otherwise. 

It's not easy being green.

#23 Cubanboy

Cubanboy

• Members
  • 956 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:22 PM

I just want my wave 4 ships before I think about wave 5

That's right wonder I made another post about wave 4

Edited by Cubanboy, 07 June 2014 - 08:24 PM.

I have ships.

#24 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:29 PM

Do they even have penguins in Cuba?
  • Nosilloc likes this

#25 executor

executor

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:37 PM

No. No no no no no no no no no.

And no. They haven't been in the past, they aren't now, nor will they ever be related in the future. Two different games, no spoilers, no third faction. No.

Care to make a small wager?

i would considering the question has been brought up several times and the reps have said every time that there will not be a third faction now or any time in the future

they also stated that this game is strictly between the rebellion and the galactic empire

Current Fleet

Rebellion: 5 X-wings, 4 Y-wings, 5 A-wings, 3 B-wings, 1 HWK-290, 2 YT-1300's, 2 E-wings, 1 Z-95, 1 Rebel Transport, 1 CR-90

Empire: 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Advanced, 9 Tie Interceptors, 3 Tie Bombers, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 3 Firespray 31's, 2 Tie Phantoms, 2 Tie Defenders

#26 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

And no. They haven't been in the past, they aren't now, nor will they ever be related in the future. Two different games, no spoilers, no third faction. No.

i would considering the question has been brought up several times and the reps have said every time that there will not be a third faction now or any time in the future

they also stated that this game is strictly between the rebellion and the galactic empire

I'm curious, how do you pronounce your name?

• Revanchist likes this

#27 Crabbok

Crabbok

• Members
  • 850 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

Fine. Bookmark the page.

If FFG releases a third faction within one year from today, I will send you one small ship of your choosing. What do you offer in return?

Sounds fair. Same in return. However, it takes them forever to actually release, so let's just say if they at least announce it by then.

Fine. Bookmark the page.

I don't think this is a fair bet.  I overheard some stuff I probably shouldn't repeat, but I would be willing to guess that if someone is making a bet like this - that they have insider information.  

#28 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:59 PM

If FFG releases a third faction within one year from today, I will send you one small ship of your choosing. What do you offer in return?

Sounds fair. Same in return. However, it takes them forever to actually release, so let's just say if they at least announce it by then.

Fine. Bookmark the page.

Good day Sirs... I see we have a gentlemen's wager.  I will stand witness to this event.  I expect you both to act in accordance with popular social etiquette of the times (in this case the late 1700's or "a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away"... your choice).

Should either party neglect to fulfill their obligations, I will call for pistols at dawn.  Should it be preferable to either party, or both, light sabers may be substituted for pistols.

Are we in agreement?

Edited by Rakky Wistol, 07 June 2014 - 09:00 PM.

• DagobahDave, Joe Boss Red Seven, Bilisknir and 4 others like this

#29 Rakky Wistol

Rakky Wistol

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:01 PM

Fine. Bookmark the page.

Fine. Bookmark the page.

I don't think this is a fair bet.  I overheard some stuff I probably shouldn't repeat, but I would be willing to guess that if someone is making a bet like this - that they have insider information.  

No take backsies!

#30 Majeh

Majeh

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:01 PM

Well the Vigo Ship could also be considered imperial since Xizor spent most of his time "helping" the empire to further his own ends.

#31 Gunner070

Gunner070

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:20 AM

If wave 5 doesn't have the Assault Gunboat, I'll be sad. To quote another famous star captain, "I swear to you I will get very choked up, honestly... there could be tears."

• MajorJuggler and Popn618 like this

#32 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 2,316 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:35 AM

I guess we'll find out in ~3 more months, now won't we?

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 08 June 2014 - 12:36 AM.

• Cubanboy likes this

#33 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

• Members
  • 1,669 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:36 AM

Yup it is coming, and the hush is way on.

:o

I am not certain about all the details, but I know that it is going to be a hell of a nice holiday for us Wingers.

:ph34r: :)

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3] [B-WING: 3] [E-WING: 3] [HWK-290: 2] [X-WING: 6] [Y-WING: 6] [Z-95: 6] [YT-1300: 1] *EPIC* [TANTIVE IV: 1] [GR-75: 2*GROUND FORCES* [T-47 AIR SPEEDER: 11] JEDI: [DELTA-7: 1] [ETA-2: 4] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1] [TIE BOMBER: 3] [TIE DEFENDER: 3] [TIE FIGHTER: 5] [TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6] [TIE PHANTOM: 3] [FIRESPRAY-31: 1] [SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] *GROUND FORCES* [AT-AT: 4] [AT-ST: 6] SITH: [ETA-2: 3] [INFILTRATOR: 1] [INTIMIDATOR: 1]

#34 s1n

s1n

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:00 AM

All I know I gathered from cardgamedb. I don't know if any of the dates coincide; X-Wing may have predated the LCG, so I could just be completely off-base. In which case, I'd owe WonderWAAAGH a new ship. :)

Good day Sirs... I see we have a gentlemen's wager.  I will stand witness to this event.  I expect you both to act in accordance with popular social etiquette of the times (in this case the late 1700's or "a long time ago, in a galaxy far far away"... your choice).

Should either party neglect to fulfill their obligations, I will call for pistols at dawn.  Should it be preferable to either party, or both, light sabers may be substituted for pistols.

Are we in agreement?

Surely you mean blaster pistol.  :)

#35 Marinealver

Marinealver

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:15 AM

All wrong you will see the Clone wars expansion before the shadows of the empire expansion. :P

You can always start another round if you lost the last one.

#36 Damoel

Damoel

• Members
  • 369 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:37 AM

All wrong you will see the Clone wars expansion before the shadows of the empire expansion. :P

I doubt we will see either :P

Bear in mind, they gotta make a ton of new LCG cards. I mean, there is 20 new cards a month in other LCGs, star wars weirdness with objective sets probably means that is different, but the point stands that they need lots of concepts to keep it going, X-Wing has far fewer releases. 

Edited by Damoel, 08 June 2014 - 01:38 AM.

Fleet timez!

Anarchists: 3 A-Wing, 3 B-Wing, 2 Y-Wing, 6 X-Wing, 3 Z-95, 3 E-Wing, 2 HWK290, 2 YT-1300, 2 GR-75, 1 CR90

Good Guys: 6 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/AD, 3 TIE/D, 6 TIE/IN, 4 TIE/SA, 4 Phantom V38, 2 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Firespray-31

#37 Glentopher

Glentopher

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:13 AM

I remember a while back someone having some "insider Info" regarding a Kath / Krassis repaint.

That and this really makes me think there's some plan to do neutral pilot cards for the Falcon and Firespray in an aces style re-paint release.

Maybe 2 neutral generics for each ship and then named faction specifics. Maybe a Rebel Kath card.

Just from what people have been whispering they "know" about. 

If that's what is happening who wins the bet? Do a few neutral generics count?

#38 Cubanboy

Cubanboy

• Members
  • 956 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:49 AM

Do they even have penguins in Cuba?

Nope just Trolls,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, :-0

opps, I mean Orcs that are trollish

Edited by Cubanboy, 08 June 2014 - 06:50 AM.

I have ships.

#39 Hobojebus

Hobojebus

• Members
  • 396 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 08:07 AM

A pirates faction would work as a third faction, uglies would be interesting to see in action and i would have no problem seeing xizor on the board.

#40 Snowhive

Snowhive

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 09:21 AM

Each faction has 8 different ships (not including epic). And while the game is pretty well balance, would you really like to play a faction that is only at the level of Wave 1 vs others that are on Wave 5. It makes no sense.

I don't think that it will be a third faction.

If there will be a third faction, Wave 5 makes absolut sense. 4 small fighter in the wave - so there ist half of that, the rebels and the imperium had. Wave 6 - the second half.... and between one or two big ships for the imperial players. Makes sense for me.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS