• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jban

Jban

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

Hi all,

today I played a 2 player game in The Hunt for Gollum Nightmare and we can into the next situation. I played Ravens of the Mountain and we found the Ravenous Hawk.

ffg_ravens-of-the-mountain-otd.jpg                   uMEN04-card-05.png

I wondered what the outcome would be. I thought the following. We engage the ravenous hawk because we looked at it because of a card effect, and afterwards he returns to the top of the encounter deck because Ravens of the Mountains explicitely states that the card goes to the top of the encounter deck. Was this play correct or not?

Some explanation would be nice.

Edits: Typo's

Edited by Jban, 07 June 2014 - 12:54 PM.

I'm not addicted to this game, I just play too often ...

#2 alogos

alogos

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 05:28 PM

There is no more explanation than that... you might want to ask Caleb if you want a definitive answer.

#3 Tarkan

Tarkan

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

The Hawks forced effect never trigger, since the Ravens doesn't instruct you to look at cards. You only get to shuffle and reveal.

#4 ricedwlit

ricedwlit

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:00 PM

The Errata'd version of the Ravens does state look:

Ravens of the Mountain OtD 11 Should read: “Action: Exhaust a hero you control to shuffle the encounter deck and look at its top card..." 

(Added color)

Edited by ricedwlit, 07 June 2014 - 09:00 PM.

• Jban likes this

#5 Jban

Jban

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 04:58 AM

It is because of this Errata I didn't know what the outcome would be, since I think the Ravenous Hawk's Forced effect gets triggered

M1634.png.

Uploaded proper image

Edited by Jban, 09 June 2014 - 10:48 AM.

I'm not addicted to this game, I just play too often ...

#6 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 493 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:58 PM

This needs an official ruling, but my hunch is that the Ravenous Hawk is put into play engaged with you and stays that way. I could certainly be wrong, but generally those forced effects and strong words like "must" tend to supersede everything else. 

• PsychoRocka likes this

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#7 alogos

alogos

• Members
  • 478 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 05:29 AM

I asled Caleb and this is the answer :

If you look at Ravenous Hawk with Ravens of the Mountain, you will put it into play. Then you will place progress on the quest equal to its threat strength, and then you will put Ravenous Hawk back on top of the encounter deck.

Simply resolve each line one by one.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS