• Please log in to reply
378 replies to this topic

#281 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

No, I'm just done talking about it with you. Everyone besides you seems to be a mature adult that is capable of having a reasonable discussion of how an X-Wing card works, not just congratulating themselves on how they win the internet.

And everyone besides you seems able to actually wrap their mind around the card. Do you really expect them all to take you seriously, now that you've effectively called everyone here who disagrees with you (and that would literally be everyone) illiterate "idiots"? Paint me with whatever brush you like, you still won't find much sympathy from anyone else.

As for reasonable discussion, you've received more than your fair share from me, if you care to scroll back several pages. I'm just not inclined to treat you as anything more than a troll at this point, given your penchant for absurdity and logic bending.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 08 June 2014 - 06:17 PM.

It's not easy being green.

#282 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,759 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

Dude, I thought you bailed on this conversation. What gives?

No, I'm just done talking about it with you. Everyone besides you seems to be a mature adult that is capable of having a reasonable discussion of how an X-Wing card works, not just congratulating themselves on how they win the internet.

Just to be clear, the same group of people you declared illiterate a few posts ago are all reasonable, mature adults now, right?
  • Red Castle, Revanchist, WonderWAAAGH and 1 other like this

#283 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:19 PM

Just to be clear, the same group of people you declared illiterate a few posts ago are all reasonable, mature adults now, right?

And idiots, don't forget idiots.

• dmiitrie likes this

#284 Sekac

Sekac

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

Guys. Enough. Please.

This thread could've been a fine place to discuss new combos and generate excitement toward the up-and-coming Rebel Aces. If we cut out all the bitching about how OP rebels are, misplaced rules debates, and pointless mudslinging, this thread would probably be about a page long.

Don't like rebels and want to see balance restored to the force? Start a thread about it and watch it go up in flames.

Have a question about rules interactions? Put it on the rules subforum. If it's relevant to this discussion (like Jan), post a link on here but leave the discussion there.

Got a personal problem with somebody on the internet? Realize how ridiculous that is and avoid engaging with them.

But please, please stop trampling every thread into the muck and claim that you somehow "won the internet." You're not winning anything. You are ruining this forum one thread at a time.

Can we PLEASE talk about these leaked cards and how we plan to use them?
  • Syleh Forge, rym, Sithborg and 2 others like this

#285 AlexW

AlexW

• Members
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

And the Z-95's will cry in the face of those mean old Phantoms. Add in that the Rebels don't have a Howlrunner of their own. The Z-95 swarm doesn't exist. Sure, you can go with Missile spam, but that swarm is decidedly different than the TIE swarm.

Again, we're still talking about different things -- versatility and flexibility, but people keep bringing up the swarm.  We'll see whether or not a Z-95 swarm is viable (and I agree it won't be) but it does give the rebels and option two have multiple ships will fit instead of one, exactly what I was responding to in my comment.   So, the original comment, that this notion was a point for the Imperials in terms of flexibility is no longer the case.   

#286 Red Castle

Red Castle

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:30 PM

Dude, I thought you bailed on this conversation. What gives?

As an illiterate idiot that has no respect for the rules, I'll take it! Thanks iperegrine!

• dmiitrie likes this

I'm a french native player so sometimes, some expressions or meanings might be lost in translation. I mean no disrespect.

#287 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:37 PM

Guys. Enough. Please.
This thread could've been a fine place to discuss new combos and generate excitement toward the up-and-coming Rebel Aces. If we cut out all the bitching about how OP rebels are, misplaced rules debates, and pointless mudslinging, this thread would probably be about a page long.
Don't like rebels and want to see balance restored to the force? Start a thread about it and watch it go up in flames.
Have a question about rules interactions? Put it on the rules subforum. If it's relevant to this discussion (like Jan), post a link on here but leave the discussion there.
Got a personal problem with somebody on the internet? Realize how ridiculous that is and avoid engaging with them.
But please, please stop trampling every thread into the muck and claim that you somehow "won the internet." You're not winning anything. You are ruining this forum one thread at a time.

Just to be clear, the whole "winning the internet" thing is a reference to the sportsmanship thread, where he said something to that effect before making a hasty retreat. I'm just using his own words to poke fun at him for running away from the conversation - twice now.

I'm all for getting back to a real conversation, provided everyone else can abstain from the topics we've already beaten to death.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 08 June 2014 - 06:40 PM.

#288 Sekac

Sekac

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

Guys. Enough. Please.

Just to be clear, the whole "winning the internet" thing is a reference to the sportsmanship thread, where he said something to that effect before making a hasty retreat. I'm just using his own words to poke fun at him for running away from the conversation - twice now.

I know. I followed that thread for a while before I got too disgusted with it. I was thrilled when I heard it got locked. I just don't want to foster a culture of poking fun at people. Nobody benefits.

How many first time visitors to this forum have become first and last time visitors? How many people have kept great ideas to themselves for fear of attack?

We'll never know.

The fact is, I see this forum DESCRIBED as a friendly, helpful place far, far more often than I've seen it myself. It's depressing.

#289 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:47 PM

On the plus side, I think there might be enough reports that this thread will be closed and we can restart fresh.

I'm still looking forward to using Jan Ors as a gunboat now. It is perfectly thematic, and I will play the heck out of it. Also, making Ten Nunb a range 3 sniper. Frees up the Elite Talent.

As for versatility, Imps give up customization for a wider variety of pilots. Even with the Rebel Transport, the Imperials have a wider variety of pilots, especially generics with Elite Talents.

#290 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:50 PM

Guys. Enough. Please.

I know. I followed that thread for a while before I got too disgusted with it. I was thrilled when I heard it got locked. I just don't want to foster a culture of poking fun at people. Nobody benefits.
How many first time visitors to this forum have become first and last time visitors? How many people have kept great ideas to themselves for fear of attack?
We'll never know.
The fact is, I see this forum DESCRIBED as a friendly, helpful place far, far more often than I've seen it myself. It's depressing.

I know you want to point the finger at me. You've done it before, you can do it again. I won't be offended.

But there are plenty of people who will never post regardless, because it's just not their cup of tea. I have yet to meet someone in real life who isn't tickled by my sense of humor, but when I ask them about their forum activity they confess to being lurkers. This place is friendly and helpful, so don't let some occasional squabbling convince you otherwise.

And let's all be thankful that nobody brought up firearms this time around. That alone was enough to get the last thread locked, judging by the moderator's response.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 08 June 2014 - 06:53 PM.

• dmiitrie likes this

#291 AgentV

AgentV

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

I have a question: why is there such a heated argument so many MONTHS before Jan's card is even out? 

#292 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:57 PM

I have a question: why is there such a heated argument so many MONTHS before Jan's card is even out?

I'm trapped at the house, writing small tomes to ensure that I graduate next weekend. If I didn't have better things to do I'd actually be out playing X-Wing today. I suspect that we wouldn't be having this conversation at all if everyone else had better things to do as well.

Edited by WonderWAAAGH, 08 June 2014 - 07:01 PM.

#293 rym

rym

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:00 PM

Ahh, now, wouldn't be fun any other way, would it? ;)

#294 Sekac

Sekac

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:03 PM

I know you want to point the finger at me. You've done it before, you can do it again. I won't be offended.

I'm not pointing the finger at you. That would be counter-productive. I know we've butted heads before (as I have with others as well). I'm not entirely proud of the way I've conducted myself on here in the past.

I just want the finger pointing to stop. We are all fans of this game. You and I, you and iPeregrine, we ALL probably have a lot more in common than we realize. We've all got real world problems, and gaming and forum browsing is our escape from them. There's no reason to create problems for ourselves and each other here too.

I love debating. I welcome it. It is only through our debates that we can come to a fuller understanding of this game we so love. But when these threads get mired in the personal attacks that many of us are guilty of hurling, the purpose is lost.

#295 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:09 PM

On the plus side, I think there might be enough reports that this thread will be closed and we can restart fresh.

I'm still looking forward to using Jan Ors as a gunboat now. It is perfectly thematic, and I will play the heck out of it. Also, making Ten Nunb a range 3 sniper. Frees up the Elite Talent.

As for versatility, Imps give up customization for a wider variety of pilots. Even with the Rebel Transport, the Imperials have a wider variety of pilots, especially generics with Elite Talents.

I assume you're talking about using Mercenary Copilot. Is that really any better than Marksmanship? It's not like the effects stack for Ten's ability.

#296 Red Castle

Red Castle

• Members
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:11 PM

Because she just been spoiled and as X-Wingers that can't get to play today, it's our duty to find all the better combos possible with the new toys coming, sadly, in late 2014. Heated argument is bound to happen if a misunderstanding appear.

For my part, one combo that I will use for sure is Ibtisam + Sensor Jammer + Elusiveness + Kyle

Hard to hit and free focus every turn after she get attack.

Edited by Red Castle, 08 June 2014 - 07:12 PM.

I'm a french native player so sometimes, some expressions or meanings might be lost in translation. I mean no disrespect.

#297 Sithborg

Sithborg

• Members
  • 2,433 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:12 PM

Like I said, it frees up his Elite Talent for something else. And once he is in Range 3, he can just sort of sit back, and take pot shots. Force them to come to him. Is it going to be game changing, no. But like the idea.

#298 WonderWAAAGH

WonderWAAAGH

Oasean Ork

• Members
  • 3,475 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:16 PM

Like I said, it frees up his Elite Talent for something else. And once he is in Range 3, he can just sort of sit back, and take pot shots. Force them to come to him. Is it going to be game changing, no. But like the idea.

I understand that it frees up an EPT. Ten is expensive enough as it is, and title + copilot still costs three points. The question is, what other talents would you put on him?

#299 Gundog8324

Gundog8324

• Members
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:08 PM

Blail Blerg, we still have 2 unique pilots and the Proton Rockets to be spoiled. Its a safe bet that the Proton Rockets will be cool, to offset the 2 pt opportunity cost they introduce in the same pack.

Well don't forget that that only applies to A-wings the every other ship (including Imperials) gets them at the normal price

#300 Gundog8324

Gundog8324

• Members
  • 935 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:23 PM

"When a ship at range 1-3 performs a focus action you may have that action grant it an evade token instead of a focus token."

Maybe that is what they intended to type on the card but they ran out of room and didn't want to scale the font size smaller?

I think the intended text may have been "Once per round, when another friendly ship at range 1-3 would receive a focus token as a result of its own action or another effect you may grant it an evade token instead of an evade token" but since that would require a smaller font I think they went with the wording they did, and I am glad they did it so now I can hold the card 2 inches further away from my face to read it when having these wonderful forum discussions

Edited by Gundog8324, 08 June 2014 - 10:31 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS