Developing List: Opportunity KNACKS!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Jo Jo

Jo Jo

• Members
  • 1,025 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 08:08 AM

@Jo Jo played with a version of your suggested list without Jan using Wes with Predator instead, the double X's dished out some hurt, R7 is class at getting people to not shoot you and the A's did what they do and out flanked the enemy. While I did miss the ion turret for the control just being more aggressive was awesome. The only real draw back is this whole PS 3 thing but I just don't see opportunist working with anything that is much higher?

Cool, I'm glad you had some success. I like using Wes instead, its probably more of a competitive list than using Jan. Jan's probably more fun though. Yeah... Opportunist works best on lower PS pilots and you can't get much lower than 3 and still run it. Big drawback is hoping the A-wings are still alive to use it and have a decent shot. I'll definitely have to try this with Wes.

I like that for the same points as a Rookie X-wing, you get a Green pilot that shoots one PS higher, has boost, can use the Evade action, and has a way better dial. The only drawbacks are that you don't always get to trigger Opportunist and shoot with 3 attack and you have 1 less hull. Not huge when you consider you get an extra agility die.

Quick question, would Opportunist add more dice to secondaries?  If so, there's potential to chuck 6 dice homing missiles with Jan's help.  Or, God forbid, Clusters.

I'm pretty sure it does. It says (if you meet the conditions on the target) you get to take a stress and add an additional dice to your attack roll. It doesn't say add +1 to your attack value or anything like that. So I am pretty sure you can add it to secondary weapons. The problem though is your A-wings get crazy expensive with missiles... No Chadaarn then.

Edited by Jo Jo, 18 June 2014 - 08:59 AM.

"And then, we'll remind the Rebellion what war is all about." 

#22 AtomicFryingPan

AtomicFryingPan

• Members
  • 569 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 01:17 PM

I would drop r3a2 for the reasons already listed and drop swarm from Wes because if your a-wings are flankers they most likely will be not within range 1 of him alot and the ions do better shooting later on. So i would go something like

Wes-29

Gold-ion-23

GSPx2-chaardan-oppurtunist-outmaneuver or predator-24

Rebel Fleet- 6 X-wings, 4 A-wings, 4 Y-wings, 3 B-Wings, 3 HWK-290, 1YT-1300, 3 E-wings, 3 Z95, 1 Transport, 1 Corvette.

Empire Fleet- 8 Tie Fighters, 2 Tie Adv, 4 Tie Int, 2 Tie Bombers, 2 Firespray, 1 Lambda Shuttle, 2 Defenders, 2 Phantoms

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS