• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 HastAttack

HastAttack

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:12 AM

"Opponents cannot play copies of event cards that are in their discard piles"

My opponents prevented me from bringing Fiery Kiss out of shadows ~ as I had a copy in my discard pile

I don't think that is correct .... Do I "play" a card when I bring it out of shadows?

#2 waranou

waranou

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:28 AM

In the rules for the shadows mechanics says:

"After an event card comes out of Shadows, it is treated in the same manner as a non-Shadows event card played from a player’s hand"

then I think that is correct for Baelor to prevent you from play the Fiery Kiss from shadows, when you have one or more in the discard pile.

#3 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:57 AM

Incorrect. The "as if you played it from your hand" doesn't kick in until after the card comes out of Shadows. Bringing a card out of Shadows is not playing it. So Baelor cannot stop you from bringing an event card out of Shadows.

#4 HastAttack

HastAttack

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:04 AM

Thanks Ktom ... it's a shame you cannot sit in on our games :)

#5 Greyjoyyy

Greyjoyyy

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:01 PM

We all need a Ktom in our games! :)

#6 waranou

waranou

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 01:36 AM

Ok

I did misunderstood this part, sorry for my bad answer :unsure: , and thanks Ktom for your answers.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS