CR90 Imperial version or proxy miniature

• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#101 JuiceWeasel

JuiceWeasel

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:54 AM

Really disappointed about there not being any huge Imperial Ships yet.  If they did want to scrap the idea, at least balance it first.  At the very least you would think it would be in FFG's interest to make an announcement before they turn off many fans ala GW...transparency breeds trust and loyalty on the part of the consumer.  I digress.

While I'd prefer a uniquely Imperial ship, it is a option to repaint (Just for fun) the CR90 and use Imperial upgrades and the generic from the set.

JW

• gabe69velasquez likes this

#102 Joe Boss Red Seven

Joe Boss Red Seven

The Laughing Warrior

• Members
  • 2,579 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 07:47 PM

FFG never said they would make huge ships for the empire. They said that they would like to and they would see about it later. Keep this in mind, they have NEVER LIED TO US... EVER!

;)

• gabe69velasquez likes this

"There Is No Such Thing As Luck." BLACK SIX RED SEVEN

STAR WARS is far more than three thirty year old films. FFG intends for X-Wing to thrive, thus it will be more also... PERIOD.

ALLIANCE: [A-WING: 3][B-WING: 3][E-WING: 3][HWK-290: 2][X-WING: 6][Y-WING: 5][Z-95: 6][YT-1300: 1][YT-2400: ] EMPIRE: [TIE ADVANCED: 1][TIE BOMBER: 3][TIE DEFENDER: 3][TIE FIGHTER: 5][TIE INTERCEPTOR: 6][TIE PHANTOM: 3][DECIMATOR: ][FIRESPRAY-31: ][SHUTTLE-LAMBDA: 1] SCUM: [FIRESPRAY-31: 1][HWK-290: 3][IG-2000: ][M3-A: ][STAR VIPER: ][Y-WING: 1][Z-95: ]

#103 Vorpal Sword

Vorpal Sword

O frabjous day!

• Members
  • 2,458 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

Really disappointed about there not being any huge Imperial Ships yet.  If they did want to scrap the idea, at least balance it first.

Once again: what is leading folks to make the jump from "no Epic announcement at GenCon" to "Epic has been scrapped"?
  • gabe69velasquez and FTS Gecko like this

#104 gabe69velasquez

gabe69velasquez

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:13 AM

FFG never said they would make huge ships for the empire. They said that they would like to and they would see about it later. Keep this in mind, they have NEVER LIED TO US... EVER!
;)

Didn't they once upon a time say the scales would remain the same?

Edited by gabe69velasquez, 18 August 2014 - 05:10 AM.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#105 gabe69velasquez

gabe69velasquez

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:10 AM

So really, what we can take from this thread is that the Nebulon B Frigate is FREAKING AWESOME and we CAN'T WAIT for FFG to produce it so we can field this bad boy in an pic game.  Am I right?

Oh I don't know, they have some serious playtesting to do before the throw something like this into the mix.
Just in playtesting my DP20 I get the sense that anything larger than the CR90 on the playfield with other huge ships is going to make the fighters look like the mosquitoes of the battle.

As I'm sure you can figure out, but fully energized, with an Engineering team,
this thing can fire 11 weapons on the second combat phase.
(from here)
14424346414_05c0ce93fa_o.png
14253207488_23f60bd7bc_c.jpg

14508279120_08a8f2c7c7_o.png

Need to tone down the Energy gain on this (As if the Rag-tag inept rustics needed more huge ships).
I get it is supposed to be a gunship, but the energy gain is way to high especially since it already has 4 primary firepower.
The CR-90 is a blockade runner, the DP-20 is a gunship.
Give the DP-20 the energy gain of the CR-90 at 1 and 2 speeds but only the energy gain of the GR-75 at 3 and 4.
That way the CR-90 does better at high speeds but the DP-20 will have as much firepower at the smaller speeds.
However I would say the DP-20 upgrades would look good on the Tartaran Patrol Cruiser.

The references that I have found say that the DP20
has more energy and more maneuverability than the CR90.  
I don't see your reasoning for ever having the DP20 have less energy.
Perhaps if you elaborate.

Edited by gabe69velasquez, 21 August 2014 - 10:12 PM.

Spoiler

Spoiler

#106 Marinealver

Marinealver

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

Sorry, all I got for references for the DP-90 is Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption (my so called essentials guide which has the Tie RC doesn't even mention it.). I just think at speeds 3 and 4 the energy should match the CR-90. I am just trying to think of ways to make the CR-90 the blockade runner so it will function better at full speeds where the DP-90 will be better at turns.

You can always start another round if you lost the last one.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS