Return to Mirkwood Nightmare Forced Question

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:23 PM

This is obviously some bizarro post where saying the opposite of the ruling means you're totally right, so I'm out. Sorry to "disrespect" booored, who is always so considerate of others.

this thread is making my head hurt - haha. total bizarro world!

you cannot choose an effect that fizzles if the card says "must," according to Caleb. it's as plain as day. you must choose something that affects the game state (i.e. is able to "fully resolve").

• Chris51261 and PsychoRocka like this

#42 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 518 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 09:37 PM

Thank you Dain

#43 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 12:46 AM

OMG... you boys must be trolling.. no one can be this wrong without doing it on purpose. 

The point is that these card fizzle. The "all" keyword triggers even on zero cards. It is like a blanket effects that targets all and not individual cards. So the card effect triggers but it fizzles.. that is what fizzles means in card game terms in case you missed the last 30 years of gaming.. fizzles does not mean .. "does / can not resolve".. it means " it resolves but has no effect".

When resolving any When Revealed effect that gives you a choice between two effects, you must choose an effect that you can fully resolve. Followed by Night is an odd example because you can always resolve either effect. That’s because it targets either ‘all allies’ or ‘all enemies’ and the word ‘all’ can include 0.Good question. Please don’t hesitate to write again if you have more.

Cheers,

Caleb

So.. this is exactly what I said.. if the effects fizzles.. then you can pick either, as both ALWAYS RESOLVE. Regardless of if there is an effect during that resolution. 

Edited by booored, 12 June 2014 - 12:51 AM.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS