#1 Forensicus

Forensicus

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:11 PM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4856

Boba

http://www.fantasyfl...s/boba-fett.png

and his VERY effective BBQ-stick (aka Flamethrower)

https://www.facebook...&type=1

and loads of other stuff.

EXCITING!!!  :D  :D  :D  :D

Edited by Forensicus, 05 June 2014 - 01:11 PM.

2014 X-Wing Regional Champion (CPH, Denmark)

Fleet: 1 x [YT-1300] -  5 x [X-Wing] - 4 x [A-Wing] -2 x [Y-Wing] - 2 x [HWK-290] - 4 x [B-Wing] - 1 x [Transport] - 1 x [Tantive IV]: 2 x [Firespray-31] - 8 x [Tie Fighters] - 6 x [Tie Interceptor] - 3 x [Tie Advanced] - 3 x [TIE-Bomber] - 3 x [Lambda Shuttle]

"Hangars": BattleFoam P.A.C.K. 432 & P.A.C.K. 216 with custom & pluck foams "Battlefields": 3 x Gale Force 9 Mats

#2 Forensicus

Forensicus

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:15 PM

And even more info here:

http://www.fantasyfl...5&esem=1&epmi=s

Fleet: 1 x [YT-1300] -  5 x [X-Wing] - 4 x [A-Wing] -2 x [Y-Wing] - 2 x [HWK-290] - 4 x [B-Wing] - 1 x [Transport] - 1 x [Tantive IV]: 2 x [Firespray-31] - 8 x [Tie Fighters] - 6 x [Tie Interceptor] - 3 x [Tie Advanced] - 3 x [TIE-Bomber] - 3 x [Lambda Shuttle]

"Hangars": BattleFoam P.A.C.K. 432 & P.A.C.K. 216 with custom & pluck foams "Battlefields": 3 x Gale Force 9 Mats

#3 Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:55 PM

Finally, a good Boba Fett!

• Forensicus and Devon Greatwolf like this

X-Wing:

Spoiler
Netrunner:
Spoiler
Star Wars LCG:
Spoiler

#4 See Threebilbo

See Threebilbo

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:04 PM

The bestest excitingestestest thing to happen all summer, and it's before the equinox.

Wait, Q3 would mean it technically comes out in the summer, so scratch that.

#5 Forensicus

Forensicus

• Members
  • 491 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:05 PM

Finally, a good Boba Fett!

Yup, Boba just serious:

520_shit_just_goat_serious.jpg

• Rogue 4 likes this

#6 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

• Members
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:22 PM

I can't even convey how excited I am. My two favorite factions in one box! I can't wait to put that Flame Thrower on some things. Like Zuckuss!

EDIT: Wow! And Talon Karrde is included as well!

Edited by Budgernaut, 05 June 2014 - 01:30 PM.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#7 Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

Wh0isTh3D0ct0r

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:03 PM

The bestest excitingestestest thing to happen all summer, and it's before the equinox.

Wait, Q3 would mean it technically comes out in the summer, so scratch that.

Unfortunately, a Q3 release date means that we will probably see it in late-October, even if it isn't delayed.

X-Wing:

Spoiler
Netrunner:
Spoiler
Star Wars LCG:
Spoiler

#8 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

This was a nice surprise. I had been off the forums for a bit, this was a great thing to see upon visiting them! I like that the focus of the Expansion is about bolstering the strength of Jedi and Scum, as they are such cool Affiliations. New versions of well known Characters are always nice, as they all take a different place in decks depending on their Combat Icons/Abilities.

Looking forward to the new Luke, Yoda and whomever else they release for the Jedi. Same goes for Scum. Boba Fett is now a boss.

Imagine putting Mandalorian Armor, a Blaster Pistol and a Flamethrower on this Boba! That would be a monstrous combination. Everything I have seen is making me so excited! I really gotta say though, the best part is that this Expansion does not need to be purchased twice!

Rebels: 3 X-Wing, 1 Y-Wing, 1 A-Wing, 1 B-Wing, 1 YT-1300

Imperials: 5 TIE/LN, 1 TIE/ADV, 1 TIE/IN, 1 Firespray-31

#9 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

Expect it in September or October. Echoes ends in August. If they take a break in between October. But since it's June now likely September as they usually make announcements 3 months in advance.

#10 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:27 PM

Amusing that New Boba's pod ignores the capture mechanic entirely.

Edited by The Gas, 05 June 2014 - 02:28 PM.

#11 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:28 PM

All expansions will be purchase one. Same as other LCGs. EoD was different as it was Smugglers and Scums core set.

#12 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

Amusing that New Boba's pod ignores the capture mechanic entirely.

It may say No Disintegrations, but what it really means is Yes, Disintegrations.

• a4rino likes this

#13 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:38 PM

All expansions will be purchase one. Same as other LCGs. EoD was different as it was Smugglers and Scums core set.

That's a good way of describing that.

#14 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:40 PM

Curious to see if they'll be doing anything to The Bespin Exchange. It's still an awful set, and now it doesn't even have the appeal of Boba Fett going for it. Even just giving his unit card +1 damage capacity to match this new version would make it a little better. I mean at this point, we're effectively getting new versions of Obi-Wan, Luke, and Yoda, that will force us to choose between the new and the old. With Boba Fett, we really don't have to think about that choice. His new set is flat-out superior.

Edited by MarthWMaster, 05 June 2014 - 02:43 PM.

"To play a wrong note is insignificant. To play without passion is inexcusable."
– Beethoven

#15 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:45 PM

It'd be hard to pull off, but Old Boba + No Disintegrations + Flamethrower (+ Mando Armor or a protector so he doesn't just get Assaulted) would be hilarious.  Capture ALL the enemies!

EDIT: the wording on Flamethrower makes it sound like the damage doesn't count as coming from the attached unit, but the strategy article sounds like it does, since it claims they wouldn't be able to protector it away. :-\

Edited by The Gas, 05 June 2014 - 02:47 PM.

#16 GroggyGolem

GroggyGolem

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:49 PM

Curious to see if they'll be doing anything to The Bespin Exchange. It's still an awful set, and now it doesn't even have the appeal of Boba Fett going for it. Even just giving his unit card +1 damage capacity to match this new version would make it a little better. I mean at this point, we're effectively getting new versions of Obi-Wan, Luke, and Yoda, that will force us to choose between the new and the old. With Boba Fett, we really don't have to think about that choice. His new set is flat-out superior.

Reasons why I would ever run The Bespin Exchange now: 1. Blaster Pistol for new Boba Fett and 2. Mandalorian Armor for new Boba Fett.

• MarthWMaster likes this

#17 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:00 PM

And even more info here:

http://www.fantasyfl...5&esem=1&epmi=s

Holy crap, New Yoda is LS Palpatine for half the price.  Granted his tactics are all edge-dependent and you need to be running mono-Jedi to really take advantage, but those are small detriments considering black tactics generally don't get to go off if you lose edge anyway.  Plus the mention on Following Fate of running 3 "or more" Jedi objectives makes me suspect the Jedi are going to get an Echo Base style enhancement, which would give Yoda up to 4 tactics (5 if the enhancement isn't unique). O_O

Also, I Am a Jedi + Old Yoda = so much money XD

#18 sutekh22

sutekh22

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:40 PM

But would that be worth it?  Sure you can pump him to a 4 or 5 but then you get, what 1 maybe 2 uses all game and one of your best units and 3-4 good enhancements are tied up with him.

#19 The Gas

The Gas

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:06 PM

You'd still get to use Yoda.  The focus tokens for spending the resources go on I Am a Jedi itself, not the unit it's attached to.  So in effect you're spending two resources (or just one if you've got In You Must Go out) to give him his extra unit & blast damage and then probably turn a resource profit depending on how many enhancements Yoda already has, possibly enabling you to play another big unit you might otherwise not be able to field.  (Note that unlike the Boba combo I proposed above, this doesn't even involve building a Yoda-redundant deck - New Yoda's pod number is 128, I Am a Jedi's is 127.)

#20 sutekh22

sutekh22

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:10 PM

Ah didn't notice that.   Good point.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS