Phoenix Area Players

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Waywardpaladin

Waywardpaladin

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

I'm a recent transplant from Washington going to ASU and wanted to know if there were any groups that met to play?

• Lethalhobo likes this

#2 Lethalhobo

Lethalhobo

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:31 AM

I'm a recent transplant from Washington going to ASU and wanted to know if there were any groups that met to play?

Hey, welcome to AZ!  

We have a fairly large, consistent meta here (about 10-14 players on a regular basis).  Of those players, 2 were of the top 16 at Gencon last year, and just this past weekend, one of us made top 8 at the Vegas regional. I like to think we have a fairly solid group of players!

We meet at Desert Sky Games in Gilbert (usually monthly) for tournaments, playtesting, etc.  We play for game night kits as prize support.  Occasionally, we'll play over at Game Depot, which is right by ASU in Tempe, too.   We're right in between schedules for tournaments due to the Phoenix Comic Con starting up this weekend, so as soon as we have something set, I'll let you know (We always plan out our tournaments in 3 month chunks or so.  Just ended the latest chunk of tournaments so we're in the process of planning the next batch).  I'll be down at Game Depot tomorrow, June 6th, to play some games if you want to meet up!

PM me for any other questions!

#3 Waywardpaladin

Waywardpaladin

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:37 AM

Ahh, I've come by Desert Sky Games already, but they seemed heavily invested in Magic. The only real LCG events I say were the tourneys, and I need a great deal of practice before I can attend one of those reasonably :P

I'm at the Polytechnic campus, so I'm not far from Desert Sky. My classes though tend to run 1-7 PM, so I miss out on D&D and the like there.

#4 Lethalhobo

Lethalhobo

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:41 AM

Ah, OK. We don't really do leagues, just the tournaments, but we playtest with each other... Usually on weekends. If you're ever wanting to play, you can hit me or the rest of the guys up on Facebook or through PM and we'd be down to meet up and play!

#5 Wookieeofdoom

Wookieeofdoom

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:51 PM

You can follow events on Phoenix LCG on facebook as well.  Desert Sky Games has been a great home to us LCG players.  The owner, Mike Girard, has been a pretty big supporter of the games since they came out, and offers up pretty good prize support.  We meet regularly every Saturday (except this one due to the a fore mentioned Comicon), so even if we are not playing Star Wars specifically, you will still find us willing to play a few games between or after rounds.  But the best thing to do is just bite the bullet and play in a tournament.  Even if you lose all your games it's a great way to meet the other players and grow accustomed to tournament play.  Well, whatever you decide to do, welcome to Arizona and we hope to see you at our future events!!

Edited by Wookieeofdoom, 05 June 2014 - 02:52 PM.

#6 caedus89

caedus89

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 03:08 PM

Welcome to Arizona. The card shop where I live, Bad Moons, located in Apache Junction, does not play Star Wars because they aren't enough players. I am basically the only one in that area that plays. Most card games that the people play down there are magic and occasionally netrunner from time to time. I too play magic but my decks are not certified to play in tournaments unless if it was just with friends. It is extremely nice to meet people that also play Star Wars LCG. My brother and I would play numerous games and many of them come down to the last wire on both sides and whoever wins the edge battle in that dire moment would win. Now that he is in the Navy and God only knows when he will be on leave, it will be nice to play with a worthy adversary. I am not to keen on driving to the heart of Tempe all the time so perhaps we can meet up in a neutral place in like Gilbert or Mesa, if there's a card shop there. Any who you can guys can PM me and we can go from there. I am free Thursday-Sat.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS