12 replies to this topic

#1 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:35 AM

FFG has posted new information concerning Manor of Ravens:

http://new.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4854

Being a devious and vindictive Overlord :D, I find the Bandit's Pillage ability very interesting:

Action: Pillage: Perform an attack that targets an adjacent hero.  If that hero is knocked out by this attack, choose 1 of his Search cards and shuffle it into the Search deck.

Now we finally have an opportunity to take not only potions away from Heroes, but to also take back gold !!!  I can already here myself cackling while the Heroes moan in despair.

Since there are a reasonable amount of quests where winning doesn't really matter (or simply is virtually impossible), I can now focus on further limiting the hero's gold.  Sweet.

#2 Sixko

Sixko

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:55 AM

Bandits look really great! quite durable as well considering how many you get of them and good attacks to!

Really looking forward to using them! :D

#3 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:00 AM

bandits looks really cool to counterbalance the cheated treasure hunter.

if not, they looks like heroes will have a really bad time ! :)

#4 Electris

Electris

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:30 AM

I'm wondering why bandits have the option to apply doom and poison or just poison. Isn't that kind of a waste of a 3rd ability?

You couldn't apply poison twice. Seems redundant to me.

#5 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:05 AM

I'm wondering why bandits have the option to apply doom and poison or just poison. Isn't that kind of a waste of a 3rd ability?

If I understand you correctly, you are not reading the Bandit card correctly.  A minion bandit can only Poison with a Surge.  A master Bandit can only apply Black Venom (which is Doom and Poisoned) with a Surge.

In other words, neither type of Bandit has an either / or proposition.

#6 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:36 PM

Bandits are positively badass... who cares about winning the quest when you could pilfer away the heroes gold in the second encounter! Love it! You could pick quests based entirely around this strategy.

Edited by BentoSan, 05 June 2014 - 02:37 PM.

#7 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 02:40 PM

some lucky guys will have it at the gencon, and I will not be one of them

I'm so dispointed :(

#8 BentoSan

BentoSan

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 03:17 PM

I feel your pain! There are some other titles i would love to get my hands on that will be in limited first release batches at gen-con too, sadly i live in Australia which is far far away from the action that is gen-con.

Edited by BentoSan, 05 June 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#9 ProtoPersona

ProtoPersona

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:28 PM

I can't afford to go to Gen-Con. I keep telling myself that it's ok, the convention would be lame and I'd just be bored and sleeping in my room anyways.  :lol:

I know it's a big fat lie, but it helps me sleep.  <_<

• Kunzite likes this

#10 Kunzite

Kunzite

• Members
  • 542 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 09:03 PM

Bandits sound cool, but a little love for the wraiths? Move and attack when a hero goes down? Insult to injury! I am all over this bad boy!

"Bide your time and hold out hope."

~Count of Monte Cristo

NotesFromTheOverlord.tumblr.com

#11 Electris

Electris

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:55 AM

If I understand you correctly, you are not reading the Bandit card correctly.  A minion bandit can only Poison with a Surge.  A master Bandit can only apply Black Venom (which is Doom and Poisoned) with a Surge.

In other words, neither type of Bandit has an either / or proposition.

I knew I was missing something. Thanks!

#12 any2cards

any2cards

• Members
  • 384 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

I knew I was missing something. Thanks!

No problem.  I can't tell you the number of times I have misread a monster's card, abilities, etc.  Usually in the heat of battle, right in the middle of planning an attack - only to find out I can't do what I had planned.  Doh !   :o

Edited by any2cards, 06 June 2014 - 08:58 AM.

#13 rugal

rugal

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 05:19 AM

I feel your pain! There are some other titles i would love to get my hands on that will be in limited first release batches at gen-con too, sadly i live in Australia which is far far away from the action that is gen-con.

maybe you're more away than I am. If only a charitable soul could take me one and bring it back ... sigh ...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS