The "ignore" settings

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:53 PM

When I joined these forums almost a year ago, it was a rather small, friendly community, interested in discussing and sharing opinions on the Card Game. 

The last few months, especially in this General forum, I think discussions have really gone downhill. Instead of talking about the game itself and hearing each other out, users snap at and insult each other and start flame wars over their different opinions, or sometimes seemingly just because they're bored. It's like coming to a board of 10-year-olds.

Since I've seen several members both get dragged down into this and wasted energy trying to get topics back on track (I think I'm guilty of both), I'd like to remind everyone that there is an "Ignore user" feature in your profile settings. I thought I'd have to request one, but it's right there.

If a user repeatedly whines in threads and spreads bitterness or makes personal attacks instead of contributing to the discussion in a civilised manner, don't feed the troll. Just press "ignore". It will make your forum experience so much better.

• Lilian, Rapier, Freeman and 11 others like this

#2 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:06 AM

Wait so you won't see any of their posts on any threads?

Also I agree with you, it has pretty much seemed this way since I joined in February.

Edited by PsychoRocka, 05 June 2014 - 12:17 AM.

#3 Olorin93

Olorin93

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 06:58 AM

Yes! You can choose to ignore their posts, signatures and any private messages sent to you. I have used Adblock Plus for Firefox for a while now to get rid of the Comment section on Youtube as well, and it has definitely improved web browsing.

#4 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 07:16 AM

I wasn't aware this feature existed.

#5 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 08:20 AM

True, i agree. A very good game like lotr-lcg doesnt deserve a 'dark' forum like this lately

• Raven1015 likes this

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#6 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:58 AM

Another option is to hit the "Report" link on each horrible post and eventually, if the person keeps getting reported, they'll be kicked from the forum. If we all do it, it shouldn't be long before they're booted.

Edited by joezim007, 05 June 2014 - 10:58 AM.

• Nerdmeister, Olorin93 and ZanzibarLand like this

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#7 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 644 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 11:16 AM

Another option is to hit the "Report" link on each horrible post and eventually, if the person keeps getting reported, they'll be kicked from the forum. If we all do it, it shouldn't be long before they're booted.

or, if there are folks that constantly bring negativity to the forums...why doesn't everyone stop responding to the threads they create? if no one (or only a few) respond to what they post, it creates less of a reason for them to continue coming back.

but yes, i have ignored a few people. :)

• shipwreck likes this

#8 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:46 PM

Wow, so if I'd ignore everyone I'd have these forums for me alone? :ph34r:

• richsabre, Noccus, Olorin93 and 2 others like this

#9 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 01:50 PM

Ok, this is not so cool as you promised, because now there's a white bar instead of a post that asks me "View it anyway?"

so...

tempting...

#10 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 04:11 PM

Click it! Click it, click it, click it!!!

#11 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 04:58 AM

This option may be better - as a filter for infractions rather than a blanket ignoring of anything a user says/

It is depressing that this forum post exists at all.

I agree that I have felt less like reading and posting on this forum in the last few months than previously, which is very sad.

#12 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:37 AM

Wait a minute, is this about the Serum Ointment? ;-) j/k
  • joezim007 and SilvanBouncer like this

#13 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 392 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:31 AM

Wait a minute, is this about the Serum Ointment? ;-) j/k

Yea. It's for your skin color skin color skin color...
  • DurinIII likes this

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#14 Chris51261

Chris51261

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:35 PM

No more booored. =D

• Dain Ironfoot and PsychoRocka like this

#15 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 09:56 PM

Hpx9a1z.jpg

Too many flame wars and internet shouting matches can indeed ruin the experience of internet fora. I found this image funny, and thought that it fit here. People seem afraid that this is where we are headed... 

• OnkelZorni, richsabre, Raven1015 and 2 others like this

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#16 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:15 PM

No more booored. =D

I may have to bite the bullet and do this as well but I don't want him giving incorrect rules to new players.

• Dain Ironfoot, Bullroarer Took and Chris51261 like this

#17 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:01 AM

Yeah couldn't take it, ignored him...
  • Chris51261 likes this

#18 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,637 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 05:09 AM

Good to know.

#19 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,920 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 08:48 AM

Hmmm people is people. And you know what? They are different! !! That why if somewhere have people start talk and after became to dispute and even come to war.... but that how is the world working. We all here from different countries different cultures so just accept it and choose what you need.

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#20 leptokurt

leptokurt

• Members
  • 1,231 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 02:44 PM

Not long ago everyone complained that they missed booored and his sensible way of making a point... ^_^

• Chris51261 likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS