A Crusade in Twilight

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 RobOut

RobOut

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 12:30 PM

Is it a .pdf release only, or is there going to be a printed version? Are the Tau rules included in the main .pdf or only available seperately?

#2 LETE

LETE

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 01:16 PM

Hiyas!

1st question: I dunno.

2nd: Looks like they're separate things.

HtH

L

#3 Marwynn

Marwynn

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 02:24 PM

You'd think there'd at least be an official thread about new releases. 

The Gathering Strom  - A Chronicle of Intrigue, Space Battles, Planetary Invasions, and Dinner Parties

The Blessed Enterprise - Flagship of the Strom Dynasty / Reception Hall

#4 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

Freelance Writer/Play-Tester

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 03:50 PM

Are there normally official threads about releases? :huh:

Anyway - rules for Tau characters. Excellent. Now I don't need an excuse to try and TPK my players. :D 

BYE

• LETE and pearldrum1 like this

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#5 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

• Members
  • 939 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:13 PM

Now I don't need an excuse to try and TPK my players. :D

You need an excuse to TPK your players? :o :lol:

• LETE, TorogTarkdacil812, Erathia and 1 other like this

#6 Radwraith

Radwraith

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:28 PM

Now I don't need an excuse to try and TPK my players. :D

You need an excuse to TPK your players? :o :lol:

Not usually! Just maniacal laughter and the unholy tastes of thirsting gods!  :o  ;)

• Erathia likes this

#7 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:42 PM

Well I won't feel bad about it now. ;)

BYE

Matt Eustace. Contributing Author Credits: Church of the Damned, The Lathe Worlds, The Lathe Worlds - The Lost Dataslate, Only War Core Rulebook, Hammer of the Emperor, Shield of Humanity, Tome of Fate, Tome of Blood, Tome of Excess and Tome of Decay.

The views expressed in this post are my own. I do not speak for or on behalf of Fantasy Flight Games.

#8 Errant

Errant

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:29 PM

Are there normally official threads about releases? :huh:

Used to be, hasn't really happened since no1-h3r3 got canned.

#9 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,665 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:28 PM

Pessimism time: When new full-length products are pdf-only, I question the future of the line.

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#10 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

Pessimism time: When new full-length products are pdf-only, I question the future of the line.

People have been questioning the future of the line whenever anything gets announced/released. I don't expect this'll be any different.

BYE

• Radwraith likes this

#11 Radwraith

Radwraith

• Members
  • 789 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 08:30 PM

People have been questioning the future of the line whenever anything gets announced/released. I don't expect this'll be any different.

BYE

Actually, It just seems to me that FFG is following in the footsteps of GW. Major releases, such as core books will get the full print production run. Lesser releases can be more economically delivered by PDF format and more quickly as well!

• LETE likes this

#12 Braddoc

Braddoc

• Members
  • 704 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 09:40 PM

I'd prefer hard copy physical books myself, as they are easier to carry about and read.

I still got both books thought..

• LETE likes this

#13 Erathia

Erathia

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:07 PM

I hadn't realised this or the Saving Solace quartet was coming out. It is a little weird that this is being advertised here.

Anyway, from reading this, it seems like this is like another Soul Reaver, except they've broken it down into adventure and character creation rather than just having one book. I also like having a physical copy, so hopefully they'll release a consolidated adventure book. It's probably much more cost effective to release just an online copy though.

Citizens of Grace! We have defeated both the Dark Eldar and Ork menaces that threatened your system! We need no thanks nor payments, so long as you do not leave the atmosphere during our salvage operations under pain of death! - Jequin Hos of The Hos Dynasty

#14 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 10:54 PM

If these PDF releases signal an era of new content, I am all in. It makes more sense to go PDF-only on fire-and-forget-use scenarios. Print out, run the mission, discard. In fact, you can gear the PDF to that with combat sheets which contain the stats of NPCs and boxes to take note of wounds and initiative, all on one page, designed to run a specific combat. That makes less sense in high-quality physical books. But for PDF only? Go for it, FFG.

Stuff such as rules for race X might be deserving an actual sourcebook though.

Alex

• pearldrum1 likes this

My 40K Blog (essentially a Best Of FFG Forums):

http://www.40kroleplay.weebly.com

House Rules, Rule Clarifications, Game Aids, New Creatures, consolidated official Deathwatch Squad Mode rules, 40K Tabletop to 40K Roleplay comversions, etc.

#15 AlphariusOmegon7

AlphariusOmegon7

• Members
  • 185 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:16 PM

Brief content discussion: Have I misread a rule, or do battlesuits just have the health of the frikkin pilot?  

#16 H.B.M.C.

H.B.M.C.

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:22 PM

If financially it doesn't make sense to do full print runs on certain new books, and the alternative is PDF release, then full steam ahead! More releases is the good part, and while a lot of us would prefer hardbacks if the option is between PDF releases or no releases, then let's have PDF releases. :) 

BYE

• Erathia likes this

#17 Errant

Errant

• Members
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:26 PM

Works pretty well for Catalyst Games, and they managed to recover from having a couple hundred thousand accidentally embezzled from their accounts. Personally I prefer to use PDFs anyway, but that's just me.

#18 Annaamarth

Annaamarth

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:29 AM

FFFFUUUU-

Sorry, you mentioned the Catalyst embezzlement.  I know more about that than I would like, enough to be infuriated, but not enough to really know the details.

RIP AND TEAR THROUGH THE TIDE OF BLOOD WITH BATTLESUIT PILOT. SUPLEX HIVE TYRANTS. DO WHATEVER, YOU'RE PILOTING A HUGE-ASS MECHA.

-Errant, on how Rogue Trader ought to be played

#19 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:51 AM

If financially it doesn't make sense to do full print runs on certain new books, and the alternative is PDF release, then full steam ahead! More releases is the good part, and while a lot of us would prefer hardbacks if the option is between PDF releases or no releases, then let's have PDF releases. :) 

BYE

Seriously, hardcover scenario books are essentially collector's items. There is no strict practical use. Another tip for PDF development: put all potential handouts, including colour illustrations of NPCs on dedicated printout pages in the appendix.

Alex

• Tenebrae likes this

My 40K Blog (essentially a Best Of FFG Forums):

http://www.40kroleplay.weebly.com

House Rules, Rule Clarifications, Game Aids, New Creatures, consolidated official Deathwatch Squad Mode rules, 40K Tabletop to 40K Roleplay comversions, etc.

#20 Plushy

Plushy

• Members
  • 811 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 12:57 AM

...so how many Wounds do Tau PCs start with? Because there's no rule for it in the pdf.

My apologies to anyone I offend; FFG staff, playtesters, and forum users alike. 

Please check out my Dark Heresy to Only War conversion! You can find it on the main Only War forum. I'm always looking for more people to playtest it!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS