Looking For Players In or Around Phillipsburg, Warren County, NJ

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 RussianReb

RussianReb

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:01 PM

I was wondering if there were any SW LCG players in the Warren County NJ area? I just started and have a few objective sets. (Started with the Core)

Just looking to see if there is anyone else out there playing this game.

I was hoping there might be someone available for some casual play. If things progress well (and find enough interest) to setup some sort of league or tourny play.

Is there anyone out there?

#2 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:32 PM

I am temporarily in NJ close to Cookstown / Wrightstown. There is a group that meets on Mondays in Berlin, about 45 minutes from the center of Warren County. I traveled up there on Monday and I think there were 5 players. The name of the Store is All Things Fun.

Welcome to the machine!

#3 RussianReb

RussianReb

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 05:23 AM

I did hear of this place in Berlin. Mondays are tough because of work etc. Also 45 mins is a long drive. I found a card/gaming place called Nevermoor in Philipsberg NJ. It seems there is great interest in the game but no active players. Asking around the gamers there, they are willing to learn the game. I plan on having a session one Saturday to explain the rules etc. Some folks are already playing X-Wing there as well.
My hope is to get interest and be a starter of players to join up.

The shop owners is also really great and open to learn the game.

I hope there is enough interest. I have not played one game but have read and watched vidoes and feel comfortable to teach others. There is already a solid group of Magic players here as well.

If you start it they will come (or so I think).

#4 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 05:08 PM

Fair enough. I would be willing to drive and meet to play, but not all the way to you, as 1.5 hrs on a weeknight is absolutely difficult.

Let me know and I will see what I can do - at least for the month or so I am in NJ. Otherwise, you might consider coming to the regional tournament located at the store in Berlin on the 21st.

Welcome to the machine!

#5 RussianReb

RussianReb

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 08:58 AM

There will be a demo/learning session for the game this weekend (Saturday) 6/14/14 at Nevermoor in Philipsberg NJ

http://nevermoor.webs.com/

The plan is to start with sessions starting between 11am-1pm

We are hoping to get a good group of interested players together.

#6 MasterJediAdam

MasterJediAdam

• Members
  • 670 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:37 PM

Wish I'd seen this before just now ... I would have tried to make it.

Welcome to the machine!

#7 RussianReb

RussianReb

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 03:56 AM

It was a good time. Taught some players and got some more interest in the game. I hope we will have another session another Saturday. The hope is that this will start a new Star Wars LCG gamers in the area.

#8 RussianReb

RussianReb

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 01:11 PM

Hoping this is the first step of many to get a good group of foks playing the game in the area. The responses were really positive. All of the players who were shown the game want to buy Core sets.

Of course everyone was interested in playing Spy/Smuggler and Scum/Villiany decks. I didnt bring these to the teaching session.

Also I advised if they were interested in such decks to pick up "Edge of Darkness".

Hoping to continue with more teaching, learning and exposure to other players.

We have taken our "first big step into a larger world."

:)

#9 RussianReb

RussianReb

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:24 AM

Wanted to provide an update.

This location is now going to start on each Saturday (starting July 5th @ 12pm) to have regular SW LCG games.

Please check the link and facebook

http://nevermoor.webs.com/

The store also has a few core sets available for those who want to pick one up as well.

The hope this is the start of getting a good amount of players and for these weekly events to start to take off.

Hope to see some returning and new faces.

#10 RussianReb

RussianReb

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:02 AM

This Saturday afternoon (July 5th) there will be another gaming session. I will be bringing my pre-built decks to teach new players and get folks interested.

At this point its anyones guess how many will show up.

Its all about building interest and game exposure.

Also at this time it also looks like there will be gaming sessions every Saturday afternoon for the entire month of July.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS