Khazad-Dum Nightmare released!!

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 09:05 AM

Mine came in yesterday but I'm hoping to get an opportunity to play them today. Will give update on how they hold up. Glarung: will be looking forward to your videos

Nice! Mine should be arriving in the next few days. Also ordered lake town and nightmare hills, (last packs I don't have) very excited!
If you could take pics of just a couple of the cooler cards and show us that'd be awesome =)
Nw if you can't or don't want to obviously

~Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul~

~One ring to cover the lands in complete and utter misery, one ring for the dark lord to work his wretched trickery~

#22 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:08 AM

OR5ek6YI.jpg

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#23 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:10 AM

Vs2p0iJs.jpg

#24 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:12 AM

FlcGlkNr.jpg

#25 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:15 AM

Sorry for the crappy images but it was the best i could muster (even though my crotch is in two of them), tried not to recycle cards that were already shown in the release post. After looking through I think "into the pit" is going to receive the biggest bump in difficulty, all the new enemies in there are just terrible and that shadow dweller is just insane

#26 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 646 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:15 AM

Mine came in yesterday but I'm hoping to get an opportunity to play them today. Will give update on how they hold up. Glarung: will be looking forward to your videos

Nice! Mine should be arriving in the next few days. Also ordered lake town and nightmare hills, (last packs I don't have) very excited!
If you could take pics of just a couple of the cooler cards and show us that'd be awesome =)
Nw if you can't or don't want to obviously

for spoilers: https://www.facebook...ycompanypodcast

#27 divinityofnumber

divinityofnumber

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 09 June 2014 - 10:10 PM

This is really exciting. My group has been playing since the beginning, and the release of KD was a really big deal. I am excited to play these! 

Star Wars LCG: FFG EC Regional 2014 - Top 4; Star Wars LCG: FFG Event Center Store Championship 2014 - Top 4; FFG Event Center Season One 2014 - Minneapolis Regional Game Night - Top 4; May the 4th Be With You 2013 - Second Chance Tournament Champion; A Game of Thrones LCG: Days of Ice and Fire 2013 - Joust Top 16

abUse the Force author on CardGameDB.com

#28 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:14 AM

This was waiting in my mailbox when i got home from work today. After a quick glance through, this looks awesome. I'll be trying it out later, If I have time.

• spalanzani likes this

#29 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 817 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 10:30 AM

Mine arrived today, too! It's well worth it  :D

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#30 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 509 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 12:00 PM

Played Nightmare Into the Pit the other day and I loved it! Khazad-dum are some of my favorite quests, but they are now a bit too easy with the current card pool. It's nice to rumble with all those orcs once more. 

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#31 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

Played Nightmare Into the Pit the other day and I loved it! Khazad-dum are some of my favorite quests, but they are now a bit too easy with the current card pool. It's nice to rumble with all those orcs once more. 

Just played my first game against Nightmare Into the Pit....very tense, last second victory at 49 threat (after one threat reset from Aragorn), and with a dead Boromir, who sacrificed himself to kill enough enemies to defeat the new Stage 2B, and with 1 willpower to spare defeating the final stage in an all-out quest.

The last reveal from the encounter deck was a 5-point "dark" location, so I was able to cave-torch & asfaloth double-team it to remove it from staging. Luckily the encounter reveal from exhausting the cave torch wasn't an enemy, as 2 more threat in staging would have turned victory into a loss.

Great game, looking forward to the next two.

#32 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:00 AM

Just received it today in the mail!!!!!! I know what I will be doing tonight!

~Ash nazg durbatulûk, ash nazg gimbatul, ash nazg thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul~

~One ring to cover the lands in complete and utter misery, one ring for the dark lord to work his wretched trickery~

#33 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

Beat into the pit AND seventh level nightmare first go. Both were insanely insanely fun and hard though. Thought nightmare hills would be a walk in the park; lost 3 times and beat it on the 4th.

Have only attempted Lake town and Nightmare Flight from Moria once each, conceded/lost on both..... just couldn't overcome the threat in staging and the nasty encounter cards coming out for Flight.

For the attempt on lake town.... Smaug got multiple SUPER NASTY shadow effects on his first attack of the game during the first round and ate a Gondorian Spearman, Elrohir and Aragorn from one attack...... brutal......

#34 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 09:13 PM

I used the classic Thorin, Dain, Ori deck for my playthrough's

My first attempt at into the pit was unsuccessful.  An early encounter of patrol sentry harassed me for a few turns before i had no hope of coming back and had to restart.  Having one of them come out early can really mess with your plans to set up especially when cave torch can be necessary early in the game to help with progress before you can build up will power.  I won on my second attempt although my threat was quite high at the end; kept things manageable but a bad encounter draw at any point could have taken me out of it

Beat 7th level on the first attempt.  If the staging area is kept under control the orc resource mechanic can stay in check and things dont get too hairy.  I can definitely see this being a lot more difficult the more players that are added although.  The boss is a cool addition but i thought the new quest stage actually made it a bit easier to pass than the one it replaces

I've had the hardest time with flight from moria, have tried it 3 times and havent won yet.  The new nightmare cards work surprisingly well (against you) in regards to the finding the right quest stage mechanic.  Will have to try some more, the nature of the quest makes it a little more luck based than others but they difficulty has obviously and appropriately been notched up for this

• PsychoRocka likes this

#35 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 10:04 PM

the trick to Flight is stability. You want to run a deck that can last for long a long time. Mass resurrections or threat reduction cards and questing power. You want a deck that doesn't care if you do it in 13 turns or 25 turns, in fact to get high win ratio you want to go a little slower to achieve the board presence you need.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#36 wblackthorn

wblackthorn

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 June 2014 - 03:47 AM

try the http://www.gamerznexus.co.uk/ in essex they have some of the print on demands

#37 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 22 June 2014 - 11:43 AM

I've had the hardest time with flight from moria, have tried it 3 times and havent won yet.  The new nightmare cards work surprisingly well (against you) in regards to the finding the right quest stage mechanic.  Will have to try some more, the nature of the quest makes it a little more luck based than others but they difficulty has obviously and appropriately been notched up for this

I got through Into the Pit and Seventh Level on first attempt - i've played each of these three times, and haven't lost to either yet, though it has been very close, and highly entertaining,

Flight from moria, on the other hand, i've tried three times, and haven't won yet. I'd say this is definitley the hardest of the three nightmare scenarios. One loss was a ridiculous setup - revealed the new surge orc, which then surged into two of the add to victory display/surge treachery cards, followed by the 4-threat/6 quest point location that adds a threat cost to bypassing stages.

Glad to have a quest that i'm struggling with at last. Might be time to try a different deck against it.

Edited by CaffeineAddict, 22 June 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#38 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:39 AM

Glad to have a quest that i'm struggling with at last. 

Sounds amazing...... I'm ordering it.  

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#39 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 625 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 09:42 AM

Edited by Khamul The Easterling, 23 June 2014 - 09:44 AM.

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#40 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 12:51 PM

Ok i put  my Hands on KD nightmare and i like it. I play all three quest, win all  but is not easy and very exiting! Solo play is one story, I'm pretty sure real power of those quests is coop game. Art is amazing, new mechanics is really cool. Good balanced job. Is not crazy hard but is not easy as well. Really like it!  Will do some videos soon!

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS