• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 kyrie

kyrie

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

http://www.fantasyfl...s.asp?eidn=4849

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve." - Bilbo Baggins, The Fellowship of the Ring

#2 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

In the midst of the criticisms regarding when this cycle will be released this is a very pleasant surprise. The fact that it was released without having to wait months after having a game kit released and that they condensed the quests is really cool. Thumbs up on this one FFG
  • divinityofnumber, Catastrophic09, Raven1015 and 1 other like this

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#3 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 490 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:17 PM

Oh wow, they are actually out now.... that is really impressive and makes me alot less frustrated about the insane delay for the ring maker cycle.. gonna have to order these today. The art just looks insanely insanely good and the new borders and whatnot on the quest cards looks amazing.

#4 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,811 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:17 PM

cewl

me likes the goblin resource thingy

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#5 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:36 PM

Amazing! !! I dream about KD Nightmare and is here and now available. Cool !!!!! Art is stunning

Wizard is never late.......

Glaurung playtrough LOTR LCG on youtube :

http://www.youtube.com/user/olegyd   

#6 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 08:39 PM

cewl

me likes the goblin resource thingy

Agreed, the quests are at their best when the encounter set develops it's own combos, something that's harder to generally do outside of nightmare mode since all but one set are normally more straightforward since they end up being used in multiple quests across the cycle

#7 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:44 PM

Nightmare decks for my favourite expansion of the whole game? Ordered!

• DurinIII and spalanzani like this

#8 Catastrophic09

Catastrophic09

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:06 AM

This came out of nowhere and looks awesome!! This is everything Khazad-dum was meant to be: limited use of a torch, high chance of death, swarms of goblins, Balrog attacks! And all 3 are sold together which I think is definitely a good choice for Deluxe boxes. Woohoo! :)
  • divinityofnumber, Glaurung and PsychoRocka like this

#9 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 01:23 AM

very exciting preview.
  • Glaurung likes this
"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#10 Rapier

Rapier

• Members
  • 470 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 07:35 AM

I don't understand; as far as I an tell my local retailer hasn't managed to get in any of the nightmare decks besides the core set.

So are there now 9 others (Khazad + the entire mirkwood cycle) that are out that I can't get locally? Is there a delay on these arriving in the UK or is my local supplier not stocking them?

#11 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 08:18 AM

Cannot wait to make some videos with that!
  • DurinIII likes this

#12 Raven1015

Raven1015

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:06 AM

I don't understand; as far as I an tell my local retailer hasn't managed to get in any of the nightmare decks besides the core set.

So are there now 9 others (Khazad + the entire mirkwood cycle) that are out that I can't get locally? Is there a delay on these arriving in the UK or is my local supplier not stocking them?

These are all print on demand, so generally retailers don't stock them. That doesn't mean that some stores can't if they want, but I think these are generally viewed as "extras", not main retail items for the game. Most of the time, customers have to order them from FFG directly

Check out my LOTR LCG blog: talesfromthecards.wordpress.com

Listen to The Grey Company podcast: greycompanypodcast.wordpress.com

#13 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 09:58 AM

These are all print on demand, so generally retailers don't stock them. That doesn't mean that some stores can't if they want, but I think these are generally viewed as "extras", not main retail items for the game. Most of the time, customers have to order them from FFG directly

I got three of the Mirkwood nightmare packs from gameslore, and massing from Amazon, but all the other PODs I've had to order direct from FFG. I did see some of them in Forbidden Planet in Birmingham last week, though.

#14 Dain Ironfoot

Dain Ironfoot

• Members
  • 645 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:07 AM

my FLGS has all of them - maybe you can ask yours to order them?

#15 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:09 AM

They definitely are cool! I love the goblin resource thing, but the amount of cave torch hate in Into the Pit is probably my favourite aspect of all three  :)

• booored likes this

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#16 oldoly

oldoly

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 11:19 AM

Coolstuffinc said they would probably have this in stock in the summer. Just fyi. Looking forward to this release a lot!

#17 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 590 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 07:41 PM

Coolstuffinc said they would probably have this in stock in the summer. Just fyi. Looking forward to this release a lot!

This is where to buy them!  Coolstuff has them for $5.50.  Amazon sells them for about $10 each.....ebay is worse.....In the stores its like $8.... 

KD and Long Dark are my most anticipated nightmare decks right now.  Can't wait!  Looks like Into the Pit isn't quite as improved as the others.....we'll see.  

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#18 Glaurung

Glaurung

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 11:02 PM

Order from Pbay for 27usd. Should get in 2 weeks. Sure will make a Review video + long session with 1 journey for all 3 quests!

#19 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 01:00 AM

gotta say I'm more excited for Nightmare Khazadum than the ringmaker cycle!

• Glaurung, DurinIII, spalanzani and 1 other like this

#20 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:28 AM

Mine came in yesterday but I'm hoping to get an opportunity to play them today. Will give update on how they hold up. Glarung: will be looking forward to your videos

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS