• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 raphaman

raphaman

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 02:29 PM

Hello!

I had a question about the alternative ending card: the Pandora's Box, because I don't really understand how does it work.

So I arrive on the Crown of Command (let's say 4 people are playing), I draw 4x6=24 cards. Then the other players play, and when it is my turn, I draw the first 6 cards and then... I don't know, do I have just to give than to a player? Do they have to draw instead of the adventure cards when they have to draw a card?

Thank for your answers and have a great day!

Raphaman

#2 chemical22

chemical22

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 04:48 PM

On your turn you play the 6 cards on any of the players (your choice).  You resolve this one card at a time, in the order that you drew them. When your 6 cards are exhausted, it is your opponent's turn as usual.  When your turn comes back around, you draw another 6 cards from your deck and repeat.

You win if you kill all the remaining players.  Your surviving opponents win if you run out of cards.

Edited by chemical22, 02 June 2014 - 04:51 PM.

#3 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:35 PM

You have to play them in the order they are drawn?

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#4 raphaman

raphaman

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 05:52 PM

Thank you for the answer! But do we choose the player, and then draw the top card, or we look at the first card, and then choose the player?

Another question: in this case, the number that tells you the order of the cards is useless, isn't it? Because we play each card after the other.

Last question: When I arrive on the Crown of Command, I draw the cards and can I immediately after that choose a player or do I have to wait for my next turn?

Edited by raphaman, 02 June 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#5 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 06:06 PM

I didn't know one had to play them in order, but am fairly certain the player looks at the card and then chooses who it goes to, and I believe they also do this the turn they land on the CoC. I could be wrong, only played this about 3 times.

#6 adjogi

adjogi

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:55 PM

My understanding is that you can play them in any order you wish against any character you wish.

Of course, I could be wrong but hopefully someone will shed some definitive light on this for us!

• DomaGB likes this

Welcome to "Monsters & Magic", a NJ based Talisman Game Club!

http://www.njtalisma...onstersandmagic

#7 chemical22

chemical22

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 10:16 PM

Thank you for the answer! But do we choose the player, and then draw the top card, or we look at the first card, and then choose the player?

Another question: in this case, the number that tells you the order of the cards is useless, isn't it? Because we play each card after the other.

Last question: When I arrive on the Crown of Command, I draw the cards and can I immediately after that choose a player or do I have to wait for my next turn?

You draw the cards first and then decide who is it is pitted against. 

Based on response in here, it seems like most play with the rule that you can look at all 6 cards and decide who to play them against in any order.  Perhaps I misinterpreted the rule - I'll have to check when I have a chance.

Either way, yes, you play one at a time - so resolution number has no bearing.

I believe once you reach the Crown of Command, you immediately can do your first turn.

#8 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 12:19 AM

This is a quote from the Ending:

On each of his turns, he must take the top six cards from this pile and use them, one at a time, against any of the other characters, as if they had just drawn the cards themselves.

There's no instruction about using them in the order they were drawn, thus I've interpreted that they are chosen and used one at a time, not "one after the other". It's not always easy to kill the others with Nether Realm cards, especially in a game with many players, so it's vital for the character on the Crown to have flexibility.

Your first turn on the CoC can be spent to cast a Command Spell and I think it's safe to assume that you can begin playing your first 6 "Pandora's cards" as well.

• sanityismyvanity likes this

#9 raphaman

raphaman

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 06:14 PM

It seems a bit unfair if you are allowed to cast the Command Spell and to play tour Pandora's card during the same turn. So if you choose a a player, do you have to give him the six cards, or you can choose how many you give to a player, and in the same turn using the other cards against another player? And if a player looses against an enemy, does he have to fight it again? I find this card very difficult to understand, because there are many ways to understand it...

#10 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 07:40 PM

Hmm I thought the Pandora's box replaces the CoC...could be wrong.

#11 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:55 PM

It seems a bit unfair if you are allowed to cast the Command Spell and to play tour Pandora's card during the same turn. So if you choose a a player, do you have to give him the six cards, or you can choose how many you give to a player, and in the same turn using the other cards against another player? And if a player looses against an enemy, does he have to fight it again? I find this card very difficult to understand, because there are many ways to understand it...

Don't get me wrong, I meant that since in a normal Crown of Command ending you can cast a Command spell the turn when you enter the Crown, it is safe to follow the same procedure with any Alternative Ending. You immediately encounter it and start following the instructions, so you can play the first six cards in that turn.

Cards from Pandora's Box are encountered as if they had been drawn, but one at a time. An undefeated Enemy stays faceup on the space of the target character, but still a character encounters one Nether card at a time when they are played. Faceup Enemies from Pandora's cards behave normally when a character lands on their space (they band together, etc...).

I think your problem with this card is that you don't give much importance to the instruction "one at a time". Take 6 cards from the pile, look at them, then force the other characters to encounter them one at a time. You choose which cards and which characters, but resolve one card at a time. You have 6 cards per turn and this goes on until everybody is killed or you have played all cards and others are still alive.

Edited by The_Warlock, 06 June 2014 - 09:19 AM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS