The Morgul Vale

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:09 PM

This is the hardest quest I have played solo. Any tips?

#2 joezim007

joezim007

• Members
  • 408 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 05:45 PM

Win? Use a better deck? Sorry. I'd give better advice if I had ever played it.

I once shot an arrow through the pupil of a pig's eye from 300 yards away! Sadly, I was aiming for a different pig.

#3 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 06:02 PM

I haven't beat it yet!

#4 Narsil0420

Narsil0420

• Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:59 PM

I agree it's hard. I think there's a topic in strategy about this, I may have started it myself. I've heard Caldara decks can beat it and Hobbits do pretty well. I want to beat it with a Gondor deck but never can.

#5 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 587 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 09:08 PM

Have you watched Glaurung's MV Video?  If not, do so.  The deck he used beat it pretty good.

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#6 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:25 PM

My elves deck laughs at it, but my super hero attachment deck gets whipped.  It's about keeping your threat down until you are ready and then trying to finish the quest in two turns.

"Finally!" - Nalir the Dwarf

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#7 CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict

• Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 12:25 AM

I Don't recall the exact decklist, but I remember defeating it with ease with mono tactics, and being confused by everyone saying it was hard, then trying a different sphere and losing horribly. So my advice is try tactics. I think it was a hama-recycling deck.

#8 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 02:32 AM

Just played it and beat it first go getting my second victory against it =)

Lost many times trying to get my first victory however.

You have to kill Murzug and Alcarnon quickly and face the nazgul early on keeping your threat low.

Won with 7 tokens on To The Tower.

#9 Mndela

Mndela

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 31 May 2014 - 04:37 AM

Feint

Thicket spears

Rain of Arrows

Thorondor Descendant

Beekeeper

Hail of Stones

Speaman

Spear

what else? Cleaver goblins, Hands upon the bow, Quick Strike.... normal attack ^^

• DurinIII likes this

A wizard is never late..., he arrives precisely when it is the last round

#10 konokono

konokono

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2014 - 10:45 PM

I second the suggestion to use a Hama-Feint-Recycling deck.  

#11 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:06 PM

Thank you for the tips, all! Yeah, I played with my elf deck: Elrond, Glorifindel, and Legolas. However, I just couldn't set up enough allies to deal with even Murzug. I haven't watched Glaurung's video yet. I am going to tonight!

#12 DurinIII

DurinIII

• Members
  • 555 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 08:13 PM

I finished watching Glaurung's video on the Morgul Vale. That was an interesting way to defeat the scenario. I really enjoyed the video Glaurung! I would of never of thought to keep the main enemies in the staging area the whole time in order to defeat them. Anyway, a very good strategy. I suppose there are many ways to beat the quest, but my elf deck is not one that fares so well against it.

• Glaurung likes this

#13 Bullroarer Took

Bullroarer Took

• Members
  • 779 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 10:56 PM

I finished watching Glaurung's video on the Morgul Vale. That was an interesting way to defeat the scenario. I really enjoyed the video Glaurung! I would of never of thought to keep the main enemies in the staging area the whole time in order to defeat them. Anyway, a very good strategy. I suppose there are many ways to beat the quest, but my elf deck is not one that fares so well against it.

Really?  My Elrond, Mirlonde, Glory (Sp) deck just laughs at Morgul Vale.  Board in all of the Elrond's Councils and Galadhrim's Greetings.  Keep your head down until you are totally loaded on the ally front and then blast though the quest in three successive turns.

"Finally!" - Nalir the Dwarf

Nearly all of my comments are from the perspective of the single handed solo player.

#14 Nickpes

Nickpes

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:30 AM

I won it with two different mono sphaire decks. A tictis with Hama, Legolas and Beregond , and a Spirit with Frodo, Glorfindel and Pippin.

In tactics i was recycling the feint or thicket of spears, in spirit i was keeping threat low choosing enemies

Edited by Nickpes, 08 June 2014 - 12:32 AM.

Lord of all Noldor

A star in the night And a bearer of hope

He rides into his glorious battle alone Farewell to the valliant warlord

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS