To Kill a Mumak

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Catastrophic09

Catastrophic09

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 05:11 PM

A new contest is up over on Tales From the Cards having you kill a Mumak and share your story. The best story wins a nightmare pack from the Core set.

This reminds me of how bad this enemy always was when it stampeded into a quest most often killing a character each round and would take at least 4 rounds of attacking to bring it down. Or does it take that much to kill....?

Here's an amazing card combo to kill the Mumak and other enemies:

-2 copies of Rivendell Blade on characters (or 1 if you are playing Bard)

-1 use of Straight Shot

ffg_rivendell-blade-rtr.jpg ffg_straight-shot-otd.jpg

With this you can kill the Mumak in one round since you attack with the blades and then the Mumak's defense is 0 and you use Straight Shot to discard him which has nothing to do with the damage limit each round and helps you quickly slay this behemoth.

Enjoy! This is one of my favorite Tactics combo and is quite easy to use  :)

Edited by Catastrophic09, 29 May 2014 - 05:38 PM.

• Chris51261, Nickpes and PsychoRocka like this

#2 ZanzibarLand

ZanzibarLand

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:56 PM

So you can recreate the 'iconic' moment from the movies where Legolas just goes nuts on a mumak or two.

#3 PsychoRocka

PsychoRocka

• Members
  • 456 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 08:21 PM

A new contest is up over on Tales From the Cards having you kill a Mumak and share your story. The best story wins a nightmare pack from the Core set.

This reminds me of how bad this enemy always was when it stampeded into a quest most often killing a character each round and would take at least 4 rounds of attacking to bring it down. Or does it take that much to kill....?

Here's an amazing card combo to kill the Mumak and other enemies:

-2 copies of Rivendell Blade on characters (or 1 if you are playing Bard)

-1 use of Straight Shot

ffg_rivendell-blade-rtr.jpg ffg_straight-shot-otd.jpg

With this you can kill the Mumak in one round since you attack with the blades and then the Mumak's defense is 0 and you use Straight Shot to discard him which has nothing to do with the damage limit each round and helps you quickly slay this behemoth.

Enjoy! This is one of my favorite Tactics combo and is quite easy to use  :)

Don't know how I've never thought of or used this combo......

Going to have to seriously consider running x3 straight shot in my tactics deck considering I already run x3 Rivendell blades...... then again 9 times out of 10 I only put one Rivendell Blade on each character that needs one and the other restricted slot is taken by dagger of westernesse... most enemies have 3 defense so still have 1 left after one blade... Hmmmmmm....

Awesome competition by the way :)  I may partake when I get some time

#4 Catastrophic09

Catastrophic09

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

So you can recreate the 'iconic' moment from the movies where Legolas just goes nuts on a mumak or two.

Exactly, especially since Legolas is one of the best to put the blade on and then he kills things in crazy ways!

#5 Pharmboys2013

Pharmboys2013

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:42 PM

thats a great combo. bravo

"His life is charmed, or fate spares him for some other end."

#6 Catastrophic09

Catastrophic09

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 10:51 PM

And yeah, two blades on one character is not good since many enemies have 3 or less shield. I always split up the blades and often put a Rivendell Blade on a cheap Silvan/Noldor ally like Henamarth Riversong or even someone with 0 attack since they can still contribute to the fight by lowering an enemies defense and maybe opening an option for Straight Shot.

It would be great to get more cards taking advantage of 0 defense on enemies.
  • PsychoRocka likes this

#7 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:18 PM

way to go to ruin the competion by giving everyone the solution.. be prepared for 20 identical stories now and the other 5 being Calendra ones.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#8 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 11:33 PM

way to go to ruin the competion by giving everyone the solution.. be prepared for 20 identical stories now and the other 5 being Calendra ones.

Yeah, you probably should have waited until the end of the contest to share.  That would have made a great story for yourself! It was kind of you to share it with others.  And I highly doubt there is going to be 20 identical stories.  Contestants are actually going to try to win.  Writing the same thing as somebody else would not win......

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

#9 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 1,714 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 01:32 AM

Calenrda is Caldara? What's so special about her in this competition?

#10 Catastrophic09

Catastrophic09

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:08 AM

Yeah, you probably should have waited until the end of the contest to share.  That would have made a great story for yourself! It was kind of you to share it with others.  And I highly doubt there is going to be 20 identical stories.  Contestants are actually going to try to win.  Writing the same thing as somebody else would not win......
Perhaps yes, but I wanted to point people towards the cool competition while it was live and maybe give them a cool idea they haven't thought of encouraging them to revisit those quests. And considering many people have crazy different play styles, not everyone's going to do this nor will it necessarily work for you could get terrible card draw and the combo never comes up or you may be defeated in the quest even if you do kill the Mumak. So I'm sure the contestor's stories will stay varied and exciting. :)

#11 Khamul The Easterling

Khamul The Easterling

• Members
  • 589 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 10:18 AM

Perhaps yes, but I wanted to point people towards the cool competition while it was live and maybe give them a cool idea they haven't thought of encouraging them to revisit those quests. And considering many people have crazy different play styles, not everyone's going to do this nor will it necessarily work for you could get terrible card draw and the combo never comes up or you may be defeated in the quest even if you do kill the Mumak. So I'm sure the contestor's stories will stay varied and exciting. :)

Right.  Not trying to beat up on you.  It may have brought more people to the challenge!  :)

• Narsil0420 and Catastrophic09 like this

Now at that time the Chieftain of the Ringwraiths dwelt in Minas Morgul with six companions, while the second to the Chief, Khamul the Shadow of the East, abode in Dol Guldur as Sauron's Lieutenant, with one other as his messenger."  - Unfinished Tales

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS