3 replies to this topic

#1 Artaterxes

Artaterxes

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 01:21 PM

um........

didn't like it. ><

Made the game a lot easier...I avoided lots of bad spaces, and more easily made it to the center... I never felt nervous going forward.

My wife liked it, and she normally hates DungeonQuest. The Torchlight variant actually got her playing. But then again she thinks DungeonQuest and Talisman in their native states are dumb. And yet, they're my favorite games. She'd get along well at BGG... she loves Terra Mystica, which I think is drier than... anyway! Sorry, went completely off the rails there! :P

But yeah, did anyone else try the torchlight variant? What do you think?

Edited by Artaterxes, 29 May 2014 - 01:24 PM.

#2 illygraham

illygraham

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 09:11 AM

Yeah, we played it...i was sorta like you...I guess I couldn't really decide if I liked it better or not...a few more plays with it maybe, but it does seem to make it less challenging, although many people say Dungeonquest is TOO challenging so I guess it will help most people...

#3 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,605 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 05:38 PM

I agree DQ is too challenging, but I'm one of those guys who likes it that way. =P

#4 illygraham

illygraham

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 July 2014 - 04:54 PM

Yep, that's why I love it too.  I don't mind that on the fourth turn I surfaced from the catacombs only to find myself beheaded by a swinging blade. That's the streetz yo.

We decided that the torchlight variant bogged the game down a bit, because you're sometimes drawing three or four tiles at once...too slow!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS