Trandoshan Security Team

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GongShowHost

GongShowHost

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 11:19 PM

I played against a friend of mine today and he was under the impression that the Trandoshan Security Team cannot strike from outside of the engagement at an attacker unless you also have another unit in the engagement. His reasoning was that an engagement ends when all participating units have been focused to strike. This is true, but it seems like the whole point of the security team is to do tricks like this. I really hope it doesn't work this way because this dudes just halved in use if so.

#2 PBrennan

PBrennan

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 12:51 AM

All is explained if you follow the flowchart at the back of the rules precisely. The check to see whether all units are focused only happens AFTER both the edge winner has had an opportunity to strike AND the edge loser has had an opportunity to strike. Even if there are no units in the engagement, both sides have that opportunity.

You just need to be careful that the TST strikes before you get to that check and the Resolves Strike step finishes. For example, if the DS is attacking with two units and strikes with the first, and then the LS strikes and tactics/focuses the other, the Resolves Strike step will finish at that point because everything is focused and TST will not get another opportunity to strike. So you might want to do TST first up in low unit count battles to ensure it gets its strike in.

Edited by PBrennan, 29 May 2014 - 12:51 AM.

#3 GongShowHost

GongShowHost

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:45 AM

Thanks, but I'm still not clear what happens if I have no defending units. Can I still strike with the Trandoshans from outside of the engagement?

#4 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,331 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 07:41 AM

Thanks, but I'm still not clear what happens if I have no defending units. Can I still strike with the Trandoshans from outside of the engagement?

Yes, you still get a chance to strike and use them then. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS