Why a DH second Edition?

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#41 Superraiderman

Superraiderman

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:25 PM

I would like to see a move to make DH,BC,DW,RT and OW use the same system so that the cross over of both bad folks and PC is very seamless.  That way I can take my Grey Knight to any of the systems and work or any other combo.

#42 Morangias

Morangias

• Members
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 30 June 2014 - 07:14 AM

I would like to see a move to make DH,BC,DW,RT and OW use the same system so that the cross over of both bad folks and PC is very seamless.  That way I can take my Grey Knight to any of the systems and work or any other combo.

Well, the aptitudes system goes a long way towards making the games consistently compatible, and it shouldn't be too hard to convert RT and DW to those rules.

There is no truth in flesh, only betrayal.

There is no strenght in flesh, only weakness.
There is no constancy in flesh, only decay.
There is no certainty in flesh but death.

#43 Radwraith

Radwraith

• Members
  • 773 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 02:23 AM

Actually, even some of the web based adventures ffg have been releasing seem to be driving towards a unified system. I expect that if DH2 is successful, we will see updates to RT and yes, DW! I for one would love to see it! I have always used DH as the 'baseline' against which the other systems are measured. Basically, DH characters are normal people. The other systems represent what happens when people get further and further away from said norm. From what I've seen of DH2, This is still the case. if one were to "borrow" the crossover rules from OW Hammer of the Emperor; You could see characters being playable from Feral world savage warrior all the way to Deathwatch Marine! I for one like the vast majority of what I've seen so far!

#44 Gamgee

Gamgee

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 06:54 AM

DW2 needs to happen to fix the mess that is its balance. I'm currently having my players use the Only War system with some modifications by myself until a DW2 comes out.

#45 Kainus

Kainus

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 06 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

I'm really against the idea of a unified sysyem. There are far too many genres that exist within the 40k RPG line and tacking on additional rules to fit the theme seems like bad form. I would actually like the systems for each game to be better sculpted to reflect the themes and content of each game. Dark Heresy already tries to be a game about combat, intrigue, investigation, and horror and really only has a developed subsystem for combat.
  • Sebastian Traitor likes this

#46 Tenebrae

Tenebrae

• Members
  • 911 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 05:45 AM

Dark Heresy already tries to be a game about combat, intrigue, investigation, and horror and really only has a developed subsystem for combat.

Sadly true for maybe 90% of RPGs out there :(

• Adeptus-B likes this

#47 Superraiderman

Superraiderman

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

I think that cards for psychic powers would be handy and a quick reference for skills and talents would be good as well for those talents that you don't often see or use.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS