Release Date...?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#21 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

I just checked Amazon and the AoR core rulebook has a release date of July 6.  Yay!

I wouldn't bet on it. The sixth of July is a Sunday, and FFG's books are normally released on Fridays. Considering Amazon's pretty abysmal track record when it comes to accurate release dates for FFG Star Wars products, it's a pretty safe bet to assume that the sixth is merely a placeholder. All that to say, just don't get your hopes up.

• awayputurwpn likes this

CorellianCrafts.com is now live! Be sure to check it out for hand-made Star Wars dice bags and accessories!

#22 Krieger22

Krieger22

• Members
  • 693 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 05:45 AM

Yeah, I suspect that Amazon sets its release dates by having some guy in the shipping office pull a pillowcase over his head and throw a dart at a calendar.

• kaosoe likes this

#23 OgreBane99

OgreBane99

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:51 AM

I just checked Amazon and the AoR core rulebook has a release date of July 6.  Yay!

I wouldn't bet on it. The sixth of July is a Sunday, and FFG's books are normally released on Fridays. Considering Amazon's pretty abysmal track record when it comes to accurate release dates for FFG Star Wars products, it's a pretty safe bet to assume that the sixth is merely a placeholder. All that to say, just don't get your hopes up.

That makes me sad now.  :-(

Ryan (Ogre_Bane)

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion."

#24 Daegren

Daegren

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 11:59 AM

Plus it looks like 2 weeks to the store once the icon goes to 'shipping now'.

#25 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 12:50 PM

Yeah, and if you're buying through Amazon I'd expect to wait longer than you'd have to were you to purchase it from your FLGS. Seems like a smart move by FFG (if indeed it is intentional), supporting the local gaming industry. 

• kaosoe likes this

#26 aramis

aramis

• Members
  • 996 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:29 PM

Amazon is notorious for making dates up whole cloth.

Never trust a date Amazon lists until the day they have it in stock.

#27 OgreBane99

OgreBane99

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 05:47 PM

Yeah, and if you're buying through Amazon I'd expect to wait longer than you'd have to were you to purchase it from your FLGS. Seems like a smart move by FFG (if indeed it is intentional), supporting the local gaming industry. 

I will buy it from my local gaming store, but I was using Amazon as a way to determine WHEN it will be available.  Seems like "Q2" is about over now, so I don't know what the heck the delay is.  Are they going to wait for GenCon maybe?

Ryan (Ogre_Bane)

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion."

#28 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

I will buy it from my local gaming store, but I was using Amazon as a way to determine WHEN it will be available.  Seems like "Q2" is about over now, so I don't know what the heck the delay is.  Are they going to wait for GenCon maybe?

Lot of moving parts probably.  Launching AoR, getting F&D beta printed and ready for Gencon, plus working all the other supps they want to publish, and sending a ton of staff to Gencon, which means probably a week or two in August is a wash for getting anything done.

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#29 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,892 posts

Posted 18 June 2014 - 06:33 PM

I was hoping they might put out something for Free RPG Day this weekend, but the previews don't show FFG contributing at all.

• kaosoe likes this

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#30 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 450 posts

Posted 19 June 2014 - 08:20 AM

If you click on the "Upcoming Products" page, and narrow the results by Roleplaying Games, you'll see that Age of Rebellion is still listed as "on the boat" with an estimated in-store date of July. A recent news article has given a tentative date of "early next month," so we're probably looking at sometime within the first two weeks of next month.

This is pure speculation, but since they normally seem to release their products on Friday, and I doubt they're going to release it on Independence Day here in the U.S., I suspect we may be looking at on or around the eleventh. Of course, I'd love to be wrong if the date is earlier.

CorellianCrafts.com is now live! Be sure to check it out for hand-made Star Wars dice bags and accessories!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS