Release Date...?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 PartTimeGamer93

PartTimeGamer93

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:54 AM

Up until today, the release date for AoR and its GM set was projected to be, well, today, according to Barnes and Noble. Lest you get excited, when I got to my store at opening today, and made a beeline for my friend at the customer service counter, he waved me down and said that not only was there now no release date, but the book and the set had both been removed from the registry completely.

Sad face.

Anybody got any idea when this thing is gonna hit stores?

#2 That Blasted Samophlange

That Blasted Samophlange

• Members
  • 1,221 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:58 AM

Second quarter. So june, probably.
  • Internutt likes this
You're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point if EU.

#3 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 07:59 AM

It's still listed on the update page as 'on the boat' and due by Q2.  That means between now and June 30 according to the information FFG has put out.

My group's Obsidian Portal campaign site: It's All in the Trigger Squeeze

#4 Yoshiyahu

Yoshiyahu

• Members
  • 476 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

If you want the most "accurate" release date information on Fantasy Flight Games products, you'll want to click on the "upcoming" page. Barnes & Noble is infamous for posting incorrect or "expected" release dates on their websites, then pulling the products when they don't arrive. In fact, the same thing happened with the Age of Rebellion Beginner Game.

Edit: Here's the topic about the Beginner Game.

As has already been stated, (and based on the "Q2" release date currently provided by FFG) the book will most likely be released on the last Friday in June, if FFG's previous release pattern is anything to go by.

Edited by Yoshiyahu, 28 May 2014 - 08:06 AM.

• PartTimeGamer93 likes this

CorellianCrafts.com is now live! Be sure to check it out for hand-made Star Wars dice bags and accessories!

#5 PartTimeGamer93

PartTimeGamer93

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 08:51 AM

Thanks, guys. It's a shame Barnes and Noble is unreliable; I really got my hopes up.

#6 awayputurwpn

awayputurwpn

• Members
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:01 AM

Yeah they did the same exact thing with Edge of the Empire. Very frustrating experience to be sure.

#7 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:06 AM

Anybody got any idea when this thing is gonna hit stores?

It usually takes about 6 weeks for the "on the boat" to elapse, and I think we're getting close to that milestone. It's about 10 days (depending on where you are in the country) for the books to ship to the store - so we're looking at no sooner than the 6th or the 13th at least. That's best case scenario. Worse? The end of the month like everyone else is saying.

#8 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 09:44 AM

Busy time for them, so have to throw FFG a break.  They are pushing forward with EoE supps.  Getting AoR and some supps for that out the door, and launching F&D beta at Gencon, all at the end of Q2 and during Q3, so their print/ship/distribute schedule is pretty chaotic at the moment I would think.

#9 PartTimeGamer93

PartTimeGamer93

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 28 May 2014 - 03:03 PM

I'm just so anxious to get my hands on that rulebook. At this juncture, it doesn't make financial sense for me to pay for a copy of the beta; I could hypothetically just keep playing scenarios with the beginner box rules and characters. On the other hand, I don't want my players to get used to rules released before editing on the rulebook was finished; relearning rules is frustrating, and as this is my first time GMing, and roleplaying in general to be honest, I really want my friends to have a streamlined entrance into the game, as they're all new too.

TL;DR

COOOOOOORRRRRRE RUUUUUUUUULEBOOOOOOOK!!! BRAAAAAAAAAAAINNSSSSSSSS!!!

• Raistlinrox, Kager, FreeXenon and 1 other like this

#10 bull30548

bull30548

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 09:40 AM

Well most of the rules that are in this core are in EotE so no big changes are really expected in this version as far as I have heard.  If you have that then you have most of the rules you need as of right now.  The beginner box should have all the fixes from the EotE in it so that little rule book should do you at least another month.  The only thing I think any of us are really expecting is the galaxy gazeteer section should highlight planets used by either the Empire or Rebellion as staging/training areas, as well as the planets from the movies such as Yavin IV, Hoth, and Endor.  At least that is what I am expecting but that just mho.

SPACE GUINEA PIGS TO THE RESCUE!!!!!

#11 PartTimeGamer93

PartTimeGamer93

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 07:54 AM

The vendors holding presales on eBay are estimating delivery between June 24th and June 26th.

#12 Midnight_X2

Midnight_X2

• Members
  • 169 posts

Posted 30 May 2014 - 08:03 AM

FFG tends towards delivering quality with all their products. I imagine that the AoR book will contain a robust amount of new planets, commentary on new species, and new equipment.

I am hoping the new equipment is in the type of "Craken's Rebel Field Guide" featuring all the nice tricks the Rebels have come up with in their battle against the Empire.

#13 pnewman15

pnewman15

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 June 2014 - 02:18 AM

FFG's email of today (to stores) says that the game and the screen will 'ship' in late June. That might give us an on sale date in late June at some locations, but early July sounds likely,

• kaosoe and GMmL like this

#14 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,203 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 02:36 AM

Still on the boat as of today.. and date says July. 

#15 kaosoe

kaosoe

Not the GM my players need, but the one they deserve.

• Members
  • 1,695 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:29 AM

The preview on the home page says "early next month".

• 2P51 likes this

Scavenger - On the d20Radio forums.

Pronounced: Kay - Oh - So

#16 I. J. Thompson

I. J. Thompson

• Members
  • 990 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:34 AM

This has been one looooong boat ride.

Pirates, maybe?  :P

• kaosoe likes this

#17 2P51

2P51

• Members
  • 3,551 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 10:55 AM

It's the slow boat to China..............it's actually slow both directions................

• kaosoe likes this

#18 Desslok

Desslok

• Members
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:43 PM

fatcat-Q.gif

Edited by Desslok, 16 June 2014 - 12:43 PM.

• That Blasted Samophlange, Doc, the Weasel, I. J. Thompson and 2 others like this

#19 Daegren

Daegren

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 12:45 PM

I was surprised to see x-wing wave 4 get here first.

#20 OgreBane99

OgreBane99

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 June 2014 - 06:43 PM

I just checked Amazon and the AoR core rulebook has a release date of July 6.  Yay!

Ryan (Ogre_Bane)

"Peace is a lie, there is only passion."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS