Photo

Can Echoes of the Force be used on opponents?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Thaliak

Thaliak

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:37 AM

The Fate card Echoes of the Force reads, "You may commit a target unit to or remove a target unit from the Force." Could I use it to commit an enemy unit to the Force?

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,164 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:56 AM

Yes, that would be one of it's main uses to force your opponent to double focus a unit. 

Edited by Toqtamish, 26 May 2014 - 10:56 AM.

#3 dbmeboy

dbmeboy

• Members
  • 2,354 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

Most of the time you will probably be using it on enemy units, either to double focus them or to remove them from the force so that you can win the force struggle (or Force Storm them).  You may also use it to remove a commitment from your own unit on occasion.  Much less common will be committing your own unit (prime targets being Mara and Nightsisters currently, or to protect someone from Force Storm).

#4 KennedyHawk

KennedyHawk

• Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:23 PM

I've had it in hand and it allows you to use your own units that you normally wouldn't commit to take the force (Luke/Han) as well.

#5 Thaliak

Thaliak

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:13 PM

Thanks all. I like the idea of using the card to force my opponent to put his force cards on units with only one or two Force icons so it's easy to win the Force struggle. I doubt that would work unless they already have two units committed, but it's fun thought.

Edited by Thaliak, 26 May 2014 - 01:14 PM.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS