Photo

VC-100 Deckplans / Stats (aka "Ghost" from Rebels)

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#61 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 02:58 PM

Oh and it is much easier to make sure the inside fits the outside.

I do 3D modeling. You don't tend to build the inside details for a version of the ship that will only show the outside as those polygons can make for higher render times.

You build up multiple models, like a low poly distant shot version, a high poly close up version, etc... and build the interior in another layout. And even then might only build what is needed for the upcoming shot(s), like "generic hallway A", or the "Breakroom setup C". That's how you end up with oddities like "If A existed in episode 503, then why didn't they use it back in episode 106 to fix the same/similar issue"...

Who said anything about using the interior inside the model you are using for outside renders? I said it is easier make sure everything fits.  You would not actually render it that way.

#62 bradknowles

bradknowles

• Members
  • 659 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:14 PM

You build up multiple models, like a low poly distant shot version, a high poly close up version, etc... and build the interior in another layout. And even then might only build what is needed for the upcoming shot(s), like "generic hallway A", or the "Breakroom setup C". That's how you end up with oddities like "If A existed in episode 503, then why didn't they use it back in episode 106 to fix the same/similar issue"...

So, you’re saying that they need to Sternbach these problems? ;-)

Unless stated otherwise, these are just my personal opinions about how I feel things should work.  Even if I quote chapter and verse of a particular rulebook, only the part that's quoted is likely to actually be official.  Each GM will have to decide for themselves what rules they will use and which ones they won't, and how they will interpret the rules they do use.  That is their right -- and their responsibility.

"A FFG Star Wars Index" by Aahzmandius_Karrde: <http://community.fan...ar-wars-index/> | Github project at <https://github.com/k...rde/ffg_swrpg/>

"Dice Probability Generator" by Litheon: http://community.fan...lity-generator/

#63 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 1,537 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:58 PM

So now I have seen the first episode. the ladder on the Starboard side of the cockpit goes to the first deck by the loading ramp. We don't know how to get in the nose guns. 4 doors between the cockpit and the dorsal gunner are for crew quarters.  Looks like you get to the nose gun from the ladder from the boarding ramp to the cockpit. halfway up you can step off it and onto a platform that spans the boarding ramp and leads to a short hallway and step up some steps into the nose gunner area.  

Kanan's room is the first door on the port side behind the cockpit. there are 2 bunks in Kanan's room. 

Edited by Daeglan, 04 October 2014 - 03:17 PM.

#64 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

Don't know if it was mentioned but the release of Spark of Rebellion on DVD also contains a 3D model of the ship. Haven't seen it myself but it may prove helpful for modeling the ship.

Edited by mouthymerc, 28 October 2014 - 09:38 AM.

• Daeglan and kaosoe like this

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#65 Lancer999

Lancer999

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:37 AM

Did you guys get the fact that there is a 2ndary ship that flies out the back where the tail gun is??  AWESOME!!

"Make sure your shields are on Double Front, or you'll get your @$$ shot off!"

#66 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:49 AM

Did you guys get the fact that there is a 2ndary ship that flies out the back where the tail gun is??  AWESOME!!

Yes. The Phantom.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#67 Kallabecca

Kallabecca

• Members
  • 943 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 11:52 AM

been known for a while. LEGO even had the two sets out before the show ever aired.

#68 Lancer999

Lancer999

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 30 October 2014 - 09:17 AM

Are there going to be official stats on both of those ships??

"Make sure your shields are on Double Front, or you'll get your @$$ shot off!"

#69 Jegergryte

Jegergryte

• Members
  • 1,835 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 06:20 AM

Perhaps?

Make sure your brain is engaged, before putting your mouth into gear.

"What about the future...? We can only hope, we cannot however account for the minutiae of the quanta, as all accidents in an infinite space are inevitable."

GMLovlie's/Jegergryte's Cubicle direct link to supplements here.

#70 Donovan Morningfire

Donovan Morningfire

Looking for a saint? Look elsewhere.

• Members
  • 4,541 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 10:51 AM

Are there going to be official stats on both of those ships??

Anybody that know as signed an NDA preventing them from saying so, and the FFG staff don't post on these forums.

That said, I'd be surprised if the VCX-100 doesn't eventually get a proper write-up.  Could be the Smuggler career sourcebook, could be an Age of Rebellion supplement, could even be in a Force and Destiny supplement.

Given that FFG also plays with its cards held very close to the vest in terms of future releases (we still have no idea what's coming after the Hutt sourcebook or Stay on Target), we won't know what book the VCX-100 is in until said book hits store shelves.

• Lancer999 likes this

Dono's Gaming & Etc Blog - http://jedimorningfire.blogspot.com/

"You worry about those drink vouchers, I'll worry about that bar tab!"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS