Photo

VC-100 Deckplans / Stats (aka "Ghost" from Rebels)

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:47 AM

well given that the book was probably started a year before the publish date and was several months before publish date that it went to lucas for sign off and then printing....details probably changed.

Oh absolutely. The Lego model is more in line with how it is portrayed in the clips. But those are small clips. It may be more versatile and we just haven't seen so.

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#22 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:51 AM

*casts Raise the Thread*

OK, so I'm thinking about bestowing a non-functional version of this ship to the group I'm co-running for AOR, and on the PDF it still shows 5HP instead of 4. Did you decide not to change that or does the PDF not reflect the change? Either way I may keep it at 4 and have a hidden surprise on board they have to find. Just curious what your intention was.

It should be 4. I tried to correct it, but for some reason it keeps leaving the old version online. Apparently there was some sort of bug back in May that I never noticed. I will try to correct it when I get more time. I may have to delete the old copy completely and re-upload, my updater is failing. I will try to get to it this weekend. - Done.

what about the layout we see? seems different than what you created :)

I based my deckplan upon every image I could find at the time I did it BACK IN MAY. I even stated from the start there would be changes (making what I did obsolete) as more information is obtained. If you wish, please do the reasearch yourself and post a new layout that is consistent with the newer information we now have. I'll try not to kick you in the balls if it turns out to not be correct once Season 3 of Rebels is released. :)

Deckplans and game stats for a stock version of the Ghost. I did my best to research anything I could get ahold of (see this thread), but I'm sure there will be changes once the Rebels series is released.

Edited by Sturn, 30 August 2014 - 05:43 AM.

#23 mouthymerc

mouthymerc

Not the member you are looking for!

• Members
  • 1,586 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:20 AM

I, for one, thought it was an admiral job for the information at hand at the time.
  • Sturn, sonovabith and Caliber42 like this

People sleep peacefully in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
George Orwell

#24 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 09:59 PM

*casts Raise the Thread*

OK, so I'm thinking about bestowing a non-functional version of this ship to the group I'm co-running for AOR, and on the PDF it still shows 5HP instead of 4. Did you decide not to change that or does the PDF not reflect the change? Either way I may keep it at 4 and have a hidden surprise on board they have to find. Just curious what your intention was.

It should be 4. I tried to correct it, but for some reason it keeps leaving the old version online. Apparently there was some sort of bug back in May that I never noticed. I will try to correct it when I get more time. I may have to delete the old copy completely and re-upload, my updater is failing. I will try to get to it this weekend.

what about the layout we see? seems different than what you created :)

I based my deckplan upon every image I could find at the time I did it BACK IN MAY. I even stated from the start there would be changes (making what I did obsolete) as more information is obtained. If you wish, please do the reasearch yourself and post a new layout that is consistent with the newer information we now have. I'll try not to kick you in the balls if it turns out to not be correct once Season 3 of Rebels is released. :)

Deckplans and game stats for a stock version of the Ghost. I did my best to research anything I could get ahold of (see this thread), but I'm sure there will be changes once the Rebels series is released.

what your behind? sacralidge you should be up to date instantly :P

#25 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:50 AM

Corrected the Hard Points to 4 as originally intended. Thanks Sonofabith. Updated link in the OP, find it in my signature, or directly here.

I do hope to update the deckplan as we get more views of its interior. I should probably wait until we are well into Season 1 though since we will obviously be getting much more information leading to even more updates. I'm still hoping there will be an official layout given to use at some point. If the writers and artists don't have a layout to go by, we could possibly end up with images that are impossible to rectify into a deckplan.

Edited by Sturn, 30 August 2014 - 05:50 AM.

#26 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 07:09 AM

Dissecting this video, it gave oodles of new information. I wish I had it in May:

0:18 Good images of the ladder up to the dorsal turret. My deckplan has the central passage going around this ladder, not continuing on straight through it. Easy enough to adjust I think.

1:09 Finally get to see how a person gets into the front ball turret. You can see a ladder going down from the right (starboard) side of the cockpit towards the back door. I had the ladder in the middle of the cockpit so I just need to slide it over.

2:12 We get to see 2 rear passenger cockpit seats (like in the Falcon). I only had 2 "front" seats. I will need to grow my cockpit a bit.

2:12+ We get to see the astromech take a trip from the front cockpit all the way back and into the Phantom! Solid information on the central, upper hallway and finally get to see how to get into the Phantom. See problem below.

2:18 Hard to see, but you get a glimpse of the galley through the doors just beyond the dorsal gun ladder. It's a small half-circle bench and round table like in the Falcon to the side of the passage. At 2:21, that same cubby-hole looks more like a door entrance, but could just be explained by the artist not putting in much detail since he/she wasn't expecting us to freeze frame and analyze.

Problem: We get to see a door slide open as the droid enters the Phantom. Just beyond the Phantom is a passage that includes a galley open to this passage and 3 more doors or cubby-holes (cabins?, fresher?). So when the Phantom is launched, there is a door at back of what appears to be a living area that opens straight into space. No airlock. If someone wants to enter/exit through this back door, no one should be eating lunch!  Since my deckplan is for a "stock" VC-100, what did this door lead to before the Phantom was installed? I can't imagine the design having a back door from the galley/cabin area leading straight into space. Was there a rear airlock here that was ripped out to install the Phantom?

Updates needed for my deckplans:

Cockpit: Enlarge it to aft. Add 2 more chairs. Move the ladder down to the ball turret to the starboard side.

Central Hallway to Gun Ladder: Get rid of the split into 2 forward-aft hallways. Meld it into one. The side passages (to the escape pods) will no longer need the fold down bunks since it looks like I have a place to move them further back (see below). This would make the 2 airlocks before the escape pods huge. I will make them skinnier and have them double as ship's lockers, removing the one further back (see below).

Central Hallway Past Gun Ladder: I had a Hyperdrive, Fresher, Locker, and Galley here. The Galley will still be in this area, but moved to the other side and needs to be made smaller somehow (difficult). This area has 2 doors or cubby holes on each side. One is the Galley. The other I will make a Fresher. The remaining 2 will be Cabins since it makes sense (near fresher and galley) and I lost bunk space up above.

Engine Room / Phantom Area: Great that we know exactly where to place the Phantom now. In my stock version (no Phantom), I'm going to place a small rear airlock here while making adjustments so a Phantom will fit nicely here if the airlock is removed. My upper engine room needs to be scrapped. This is fine though since I already had an engine room on the lower deck. My old lower engine room will need to be altered/expanded somewhat, since the hyperdrive needs to be moved down there.

I want to get to work on these changes, but wonder if I should wait for Season 1 to start since more information will be coming? I could make the upper deck changes now, but I'm sure the lower cargo deck (we haven't seen much of it) will be greatly altered once we get glimpses during the first few episodes.

Edited by Sturn, 30 August 2014 - 07:13 AM.

• bradknowles likes this

#27 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 30 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

I would sketch but not finalize till you have better Info.

#28 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 06:03 AM

I've been going through all of the need videos and correcting the top floor of my plan. But, I ran into a problem I can't seem to solve with the information at hand. Namely the outter images combined with the following two videos.

The Machine in the Ghost has Chopper making a run down the spine hallway from the cockpit to the Phantom at the back. It starts at 2:10. Once he passes under the dorsal turret, you catch a glimpse of him entering the "Commons" area (you can see the lounge seating, stools, tables to Chopper's left - compare to next video below). The next time we see Chopper he is in a hallway which appears to have 6 doors (looks just like the one behind the cockpit). He appears to have just entered the hallway (last seen in the Commons), passes several doors on the side, then enters the Phantom.

No problem so far.

Now compare to the first half of this video showing the Commons (lounge) and a Galley. The scene starts in the Galley that appears to only have a single door exitting forward to the lounge area*. This is further suggested by Chopper standing guard at the only door. In the Commons, we can see the door going towards the front (enters dorsal turret well), a door to the Galley, and a ladder going up. This Commons is the area we see Chopper entering before we next see him moving from a hallway with 6 doors (2 each side, 1 each end) as he enters the Phantom.

Where does the Commons and the hallway to the Phantom meet up? There is no door out of the back of the Galley. The only way out of the Commons appears to be the door Chopper entered and the stairs up. Chopper has jets, but we've only so far see him hover a bit over the floor with them, not fly up a ladder well.

So let's assume Chopper CAN fly up a ladder well. After he enters the Commons, he goes up the ladder to an "attic". We DO see a small "attic" section suggested by this picture. Look between the dorsal turret and the Phantom. It's pretty small to suggest a hallway with 6 doors (and thus at least 2 small rooms on each side), but possibly doable.

ANY OTHER SOLUTIONS?

*If you look closely at this scene, you see the corner of a shelf directly across form the Galley door suggesting there is not another door out the back. You get to see both sides of the Galley if you watch closely - no doors at the sides (cabinets on one side, table and benches on the other). Add to this there isn't much room between the dorsal turret nexus and the Phantom. If you try to squeeze the Commons, Galley, then a Hallway with room for 2 doors along each side, that doesn't match up with the space between the dorsal turret and Phantom that we see from the outside of the ship. It just can't fit. Thus, my only solution is Chopper goes up to an attic to a Hallway that is above the Galley.

Edited by Sturn, 02 September 2014 - 06:10 AM.

#29 sonovabith

sonovabith

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 07:22 AM

That's interesting. According to that picture, the Ghost has two rear laser cannons in addition to the forward and dorsal weapons. I don't think anyone has statted it that way. Also, it doesn't really show how the Phantom docks. 

• bradknowles likes this

#30 BadMotivator

BadMotivator

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 12:16 PM

We could assume the rear laser cannons were an aftermarket upgrade.

For a stock Light Freighter, the 2 existing turrets seem reasonable. A Freighter sporting 3 turrets standard is pushing for being classified as a civilian craft.

• bradknowles likes this

#31 sonovabith

sonovabith

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:11 PM

Fair.

#32 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:12 PM

the rear cannons as Sturm pointed out are actually on the phantom. I thought the same till Sturm explained it. 

• bradknowles likes this

#33 sonovabith

sonovabith

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 03:41 PM

But the picture he linked doesn't show the Phantom and the rear lasers are mentioned in the stats box along the side. I would've thought if they were the Phantom's it would say so. This isn't really a biggie though, since Sturn is trying to stat a stock freighter rather than The Ghost. 

• bradknowles likes this

#34 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:11 PM

But the picture he linked doesn't show the Phantom and the rear lasers are mentioned in the stats box along the side. I would've thought if they were the Phantom's it would say so. This isn't really a biggie though, since Sturn is trying to stat a stock freighter rather than The Ghost. 

No. it mentions the nose guns and the dorsal turret. it does not mention the rear guns. Because those guns are on the Phantom. 

#35 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:26 PM

The picture we are talking about is this one. It DOES show the Phantom at the back. It's hard to see. On top of the Ghost you see the dorsal turret obviously in the middle. As you go back the top is kinda flat, then you see a small raised section I'm currently calling the "attic". Right past that is another raised section at the very back. That is the Phantom. You can see one of it's sloping wings where it rests up against the port-side primary engine.

The video Machine in the Ghost obviously shows Chopper (the astromech) running down the spine hallway of the ship from the front cockpit all the way to controls to a double laser cannon at the rear. That double laser cannon is actually the front double laser cannon of the Phantom. While it is docked with the Ghost in such manner you can apparently use it's gun as a rear double turret. Interesting idea for game purposes.

In the picture above, weapons for the Ghost are listed as: 1 Dorsal Laser Turret (seen on top), 2 Forward Laser Cannons (the big bubble nose turret, probably should have called it a Double Laser Cannon, it's just one emplacement not two), and 2 Rear Laser Cannons (again should have said a Rear Double Laser Cannon). They are counting the double laser cannon on the nose of the Phantom as the rear cannon of the Ghost, when the armed shuttle is docked.

• bradknowles likes this

#36 Ghostofman

Ghostofman

• Members
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 04:52 PM

They are counting the double laser cannon on the nose of the Phantom as the rear cannon of the Ghost, when the armed shuttle is docked.

Yeah, it looks like they are assuming that most viewers don't also know about the Phantom, and are saving it as a "surprise" for the pilot/movie/whatever it is. So calling it the "rear turret" in promo stuff isn't surprising. Though as much of the show as they've show in these previews so far it seems like the Phantom is going to be the only surprise...

• bradknowles likes this

MAGIC HEADPHONES PROTECT ME FROM THE SPACE!

#37 Daeglan

Daeglan

• Members
  • 923 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:03 PM

Dissecting this video, it gave oodles of new information. I wish I had it in May:

0:18 Good images of the ladder up to the dorsal turret. My deckplan has the central passage going around this ladder, not continuing on straight through it. Easy enough to adjust I think.

1:09 Finally get to see how a person gets into the front ball turret. You can see a ladder going down from the right (starboard) side of the cockpit towards the back door. I had the ladder in the middle of the cockpit so I just need to slide it over.

2:12 We get to see 2 rear passenger cockpit seats (like in the Falcon). I only had 2 "front" seats. I will need to grow my cockpit a bit.

2:12+ We get to see the astromech take a trip from the front cockpit all the way back and into the Phantom! Solid information on the central, upper hallway and finally get to see how to get into the Phantom. See problem below.

2:18 Hard to see, but you get a glimpse of the galley through the doors just beyond the dorsal gun ladder. It's a small half-circle bench and round table like in the Falcon to the side of the passage. At 2:21, that same cubby-hole looks more like a door entrance, but could just be explained by the artist not putting in much detail since he/she wasn't expecting us to freeze frame and analyze.

Problem: We get to see a door slide open as the droid enters the Phantom. Just beyond the Phantom is a passage that includes a galley open to this passage and 3 more doors or cubby-holes (cabins?, fresher?). So when the Phantom is launched, there is a door at back of what appears to be a living area that opens straight into space. No airlock. If someone wants to enter/exit through this back door, no one should be eating lunch!  Since my deckplan is for a "stock" VC-100, what did this door lead to before the Phantom was installed? I can't imagine the design having a back door from the galley/cabin area leading straight into space. Was there a rear airlock here that was ripped out to install the Phantom?

Updates needed for my deckplans:

Cockpit: Enlarge it to aft. Add 2 more chairs. Move the ladder down to the ball turret to the starboard side.

Central Hallway to Gun Ladder: Get rid of the split into 2 forward-aft hallways. Meld it into one. The side passages (to the escape pods) will no longer need the fold down bunks since it looks like I have a place to move them further back (see below). This would make the 2 airlocks before the escape pods huge. I will make them skinnier and have them double as ship's lockers, removing the one further back (see below).

Central Hallway Past Gun Ladder: I had a Hyperdrive, Fresher, Locker, and Galley here. The Galley will still be in this area, but moved to the other side and needs to be made smaller somehow (difficult). This area has 2 doors or cubby holes on each side. One is the Galley. The other I will make a Fresher. The remaining 2 will be Cabins since it makes sense (near fresher and galley) and I lost bunk space up above.

Engine Room / Phantom Area: Great that we know exactly where to place the Phantom now. In my stock version (no Phantom), I'm going to place a small rear airlock here while making adjustments so a Phantom will fit nicely here if the airlock is removed. My upper engine room needs to be scrapped. This is fine though since I already had an engine room on the lower deck. My old lower engine room will need to be altered/expanded somewhat, since the hyperdrive needs to be moved down there.

I want to get to work on these changes, but wonder if I should wait for Season 1 to start since more information will be coming? I could make the upper deck changes now, but I'm sure the lower cargo deck (we haven't seen much of it) will be greatly altered once we get glimpses during the first few episodes.

why not have the airlocks not be huge? have them be standard sized with a hallway leading to them that could have lockers on the walls. as storing stuff in the airlock makes no sense.  

• bradknowles likes this

#38 BadMotivator

BadMotivator

• Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:41 PM

I think they have to be because the airlocks are also the escape pods.

#39 HappyDaze

HappyDaze

• Members
  • 5,896 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:57 PM

There's a Lego set for the Ghost. The fighter is sold as a separate set. $$$

Ignore, Ignore, you must learn Ignore!

Now Ignoring: Nobody.

#40 Sturn

Sturn

• Members
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:04 PM

I think they have to be because the airlocks are also the escape pods.

I think he was speaking of the passages in my deckplan leading to the escape pods. I initially made them as wide as the fore-aft passages due to what we see on the outside of the ship - The suggested cross-pattern of passages from the humps up top seem equal in width. My latest deckplan (not posted yet) does actually decrease the width of these side passages but keeps the escape pods the same size.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS