Photo

What are some adventure cards from 2nd and 3rd edition we still don't have?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 kain7th

kain7th

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:49 PM

Do you know of a lot of the 2nd and 3rd edition adventure cards we don't have yet?

Off the top of my head, i don't think we have cyclops, or the pegasus, i could be mistaken though.

Any others?

#2 Quartzquiz

Quartzquiz

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:09 PM

The Pegasus came with the Frostmarch expansion. Cyclops is a Highlands card in the Highlands expansion:

http://www.talismanwiki.com/Pegasus

http://www.talismanwiki.com/Cyclops

There seems to be a few City adventure cards missing from the City expansion (Butcher, Baker, Dancing Girl, Errand Boy. etc.)

Edited by Quartzquiz, 25 May 2014 - 06:15 PM.

#3 kain7th

kain7th

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 06:36 PM

The Pegasus came with the Frostmarch expansion. Cyclops is a Highlands card in the Highlands expansion:

http://www.talismanwiki.com/Pegasus

http://www.talismanwiki.com/Cyclops

There seems to be a few City adventure cards missing from the City expansion (Butcher, Baker, Dancing Girl, Errand Boy. etc.)

ah there they are.

looks like we don't have a sphinx though.

I also don't see any orcs, zombies or skeletons which is kinda odd. they are like fantasy realm staples

Edited by kain7th, 25 May 2014 - 08:24 PM.

#4 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:34 PM

A mini expansion of zombies, skeletons, ghouls and others, centered around the Graveyard, would make a good POD type expansion. 

• GrimGuvna, Lord Kalten, Czev and 4 others like this

#5 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:48 AM

+1 to Oberon!

#6 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 11:25 AM

Sometimes a play of word strikes me, more than any concept that I think or can try to think of.

"Circus of Fate" was such a phrase, a year ago, before FFG announced any plans for light and dark fate.

Now, I see this as a POD, and one that would have great appeal.

It's the ultimate NON player character.  The circus is run by Count Dracula (no copyright problem) who travels around (mechanic: once per round, maybe after last player, The Circus moves, always 3 spaces  - - so no player throws the die for his movement, like the Reaper or WW - - counter clock wise)

Where ever the Circus goes, it encounters from the same decks players would. Draw a card when Dracula and the Circus land on such a spot. Because its the ultimate NPC, no other player takes part in the challenge. Someone draws the appropriate card when the Circus lands on a space, but there is no roll. The card, whether item, stranger, enemy etc, "joins the circus".

Eventually the Circus comes to *your spot* and you must encounter it. I have not worked out my ideas for how to make it so there is the least interaction by any/all players. One idea would be you automatically lose, unless you pay Fate -  you know I was going to get to that part.

Potenially, Drac's circus could collect Circus acts and exhibits from any deck, even the nether realm  or Dragon decks, if you play like I do.

#7 GrimGuvna

GrimGuvna

• Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 08:43 AM

A mini expansion of zombies, skeletons, ghouls and others, centered around the Graveyard, would make a good POD type expansion. 

I would like a whole epic level expansion (ala Dragon)  centered around the undead with Vampire lords, Lich kings, mummy dudes etc

• 0beron and jackyboy like this

#8 0beron

0beron

• Members
  • 710 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 10:06 AM

I would take it any way they would deliver, full scale ala' Dragons or POD as I suggest.

It could be a real re-imagining of the Inner Region, with the Vampire's Tower now having more importance (a redesign like the Dragons Tower?), but it would still have to have a Crown of Command space and play mechanic. There's now a short cut to the CoC through the Vampire's Tower? Then a way to meta-his basic power or shtick if you will, the taking of lives/followers' lives. Or transform it. 

#9 Dirach

Dirach

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 27 June 2014 - 03:34 PM

I have looked through the cards in all the editions to find out what cards who have not been reprinted yet. I have not looked throug the 3rd edition forest as I will wait for the new edition to compare them.

I guess I missed many details as there is really many cards, and I have not done very detailed work, so please comment if you know something I don´t.

Cards missing from:

Talisman Adventure 2nd:

Archer, Band of Zombies, Ghast, Instuctor(re-printed as promo), Man-at-arms

Talisman Dragons 2nd:

Altar of dread, Arcane scroll, Blue dragon, Book of dragon, Dragon amulet, Dragon bane, Dragon cultist (There are specialized cultists), Dragon prince, Dragon Raid (came back as counter),Dragon skull,Dragon Slayer, Dragon Venom, Dragonwing cape, Eagle´s lair, Goblin fanatic, Grimnir´s axe, Horn of horror, Lance, Magic arrow, Magic harness, Morning star, Ring of command, Rod of dragon ring, Sea dragon, Shaman´s bones, Storm giant, Wizard´s tower

Talisman Expansion 2nd

Berserker, Dobbelganger(re-printed as promo and as mimic in the dungeon), Giant Lizard, Golem (there are specialized golems), Judge, Shade, Sphinx, Volcano

Talisman 3rd edition

Gorilla, Ferryman, Orc, Squire, Zombie, Bodyguard, Magic amulet, Crystal ball, Higwayman, Quiver of arrows

City 2nd and 3rd

Baker, Beggar, Broken helmet, Butcher, Conscription, Dancing girl, Dog, Dog pack, Dragon Master, Druid, Drunken soldier, Errand boy, Employment, Gambler, Ghoul, Gamekeeper, Honest Deputy, Library, Master thief, Militia man, Money belt, Plague, Press gang, Salesman, Side show, Thug, War!, Circus, card game

Mountain 3rd

Chaos dwarf, Cliff, Dwarf runemaster, Dwarf mercenary, Guide, Ice dragon, Merchant, Snow wolf, Snow storm

Dungeon 2nd and 3rd

Broken shield, Decree of banishment, Slaver, Tunnel, Rat ogre, Skaven

Edited by Dirach, 27 June 2014 - 11:36 PM.

#10 Lord Kalten

Lord Kalten

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 10:32 AM

Also, I believe there are a whole host of new cards in the Digital Edition that aren't in the Physical Edition.  Would be good to see them added some day! :)

• AxisNoire likes this

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS