Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:08 PM

Dorn

Lion El´Johnson

Mortarion

Fulgrim

Leman Russ

Perturabo

Lorgar, etc?

famous characters as Loken, Tarvitz, etc?

#2 Toqtamish

Toqtamish

Toqtamish

• Members
  • 3,407 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:21 PM

Wrong time period. Primarchs time was during the 31st millennium and the Great Crusade and Horus Heresy. 10,000 years prior to the main time period that is the miniature game and this games focus. Same with Loken and Tarvitz. Most of them are dead or missing. Some of the traitor Primarchs are around as Daemon Princes.
  • RodKabuto, PsiLAN, klaymen_sk and 1 other like this

#3 Primarch_Guilliman

Primarch_Guilliman

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 02:34 PM

And also, would be too epic :)

#4 rapatpamp

rapatpamp

• Members
  • 164 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:19 PM

Meh I could see an expansion for maybe "epic" play to include them. Would be great honestly as 30K has alot of cool crap in it :)

• RodKabuto likes this

#5 gnomewerks

gnomewerks

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:31 PM

30K has alot of cool crap in it :)

That it does, but as they say in "good game design 101", not all of that cool stuff belongs in THIS game. What to keep out rather than put in is the hallmark of great design.

• Primarch_Guilliman likes this

#6 PsiLAN

PsiLAN

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 01:34 AM

Warhammer 30k is all about the Empire, the Primarchs, and the struggles that happen then.

Warhammer 40k is a more richer environment where the main characters are divided among different factions. It's still human-centric, but alien races got a bunch of nice things to say in here.

• RodKabuto likes this

#7 HunterEste

HunterEste

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 08:53 PM

There's no way Primarchs would work in a game like this. If you've read any of the Horus Heresey books, you'd see how OP they are. These guys were killing warhound titans on foot.....it was nuts!

#8 Zeyar

Zeyar

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:21 PM

There's no way Primarchs would work in a game like this. If you've read any of the Horus Heresey books, you'd see how OP they are. These guys were killing warhound titans on foot.....it was nuts!

Yet they regularly get wounded to the brink of death by "regular weapons" like when the autocannons on a iron hands gunship nearly killed Horus, Mortarion and Fulgrim.... thats a single gunship taking out three primarchs at the same time, even though one of them had already ascended to demonhood ;) 

And yet, I wouldn't want to see "balanced" primarchs showing up in a game, any kind of game. That would probably just ruin the myth that is a primarch for me. 

#9 Primarch_Guilliman

Primarch_Guilliman

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:29 AM

Yet they regularly get wounded to the brink of death by "regular weapons" like when the autocannons on a iron hands gunship nearly killed Horus, Mortarion and Fulgrim.... thats a single gunship taking out three primarchs at the same time, even though one of them had already ascended to demonhood ;)
If I remembered correctly, there were three gunships, bombarding the primarchs with missiles in an enclosed space at the top of a tower, taken by surprise. And yet they survived ;) and not only that, jumped on top of one of the gunships and tore it to pieces..

But I totally agree with you, primarchs in battle are a force of nature, unstoppable. Sanguinius stood alone at the eternity gate, holding off legions of deamons. It just wouldn't fit in a game like this.

Edited by Primarch_Guilliman, 07 June 2014 - 11:38 AM.

#10 Killax

Killax

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 December 2014 - 07:58 AM

If the game is a giant succes we might see the inclusion of the Horus Heresy cards, certain cards to overlap from time period to time period and some to not. I sure wouldn't might a Horus Heresy version, altough I don't think it will happen any time soon.

In special because FFG has something else (another game) planned for the Horus Heresy saga.

"Blood for the Blood God!"

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS