unit stunned by golem

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Denis7

Denis7

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:36 AM

Does stunned unit can perform counter-attack immediately (by paying 2 lore to "unstun") or it has to wait to player order step ?

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,490 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:32 PM

Stunned units cannot counter. From the reference guide, pag. 9, under Stun:

A player cannot move, attack, counter, or retreat using a stunned unit.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 toddrew

toddrew

• Members
  • 621 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:22 AM

Denis, I'm not a 2E player yet, but for similar situations in 1E one would have to wait until ordering that effected unit before paying the lore to remove the effect.  I assume that 2E is the same, and one would not be able to immediately pay 2 lore to "unstun" in order to be able to counter.

EDIT: read through the reference book, and yes indeed, have to wait until the order phase to order that unit and then pay to remove the stun token.

Edited by toddrew, 27 May 2014 - 06:50 PM.

#4 poet1001

poet1001

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:23 PM

Another question about stun.

If golem rolled stun and retreat, would both events happen, or I must choose one as stunned unit cannot retreat?

#5 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,490 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 04:28 PM

Dice are committed during step 4 of the Combat resolution (you can refer to pag 2 of the Reference Guide). Any effect that is not cause damage, cause retreats, gain lore is immediately resolved. This implies that Stun is given during this step. Retreats are resolved during step 8, hence later: Stun is active, retreat cannot be resolved due to stun and damage is inflicted.

Hope this helps!

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#6 poet1001

poet1001

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:42 AM

Yes! Thank yuo!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS