Organizers

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 MasterGamer

MasterGamer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:12 AM

Hello, I recently found out nice set for Talisman, and I'm wondering what do you think about it? Are you using it? Is it worth buying?

http://e-raptor.pl/s...alisman_big_box

#2 Rigmaster

Rigmaster

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:32 AM

No doubt looks nice... and expensive. It will probably do it's job nice although I prefer to see my co-players obljects and followers, but using the stands like they're on the picture you have to turn them around all the time, and place the spell cards on the side as usual. 

But it's good to see that developers are starting to make this stuff designed for Talisman, as the game is quite big and I bet many of us would like stuff like this. If someone makes a cheaper version of this I'll definetly consider buying it. 

#3 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 04:58 AM

The card holders are fantastic, when they don't break in transit!!!

#4 JediKnightAmoeba

JediKnightAmoeba

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 23 May 2014 - 11:16 PM

The card holders are fantastic, when they don't break in transit!!!

They break easily?  That is very concerning.....

#5 talismanamsilat

talismanamsilat

Talisman Veteran

• Members
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:28 AM

They are packaged extremely well, but if the post office/courier are too rough with the package, the shock reverberation will cause the plastic to snap or one of the dividing fins to snap off. Out of my latest 3 delivered, 2 had slight cracking which luckily were repaired easily with glue (slight cracking on an edge). Otherwise I would have asked for replacements!

#6 talismanisland

talismanisland

• Members
  • 1,965 posts

Posted 24 May 2014 - 01:47 AM

They are like anything hard plastic that is glued. A sharp jolt will cause the weakest point to fracture. Generally the organisers from QRal and e-Raptor will be sturdy enough in use.

Unless you have this guy loading them onto a plane...

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#7 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 511 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:41 PM

I agree with Rigmaster, character cards should be viewable. In fact when someone reviewed this or a similar product on boardgamegeek I responded to the reviewer that as he never played the game his review was bad.

In general my group is an honest group, but we often play with young players who need help. I know others here may play with not so honest players.

I think such a product would only be good with mature honest players who know how to play.

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

#8 MasterGamer

MasterGamer

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 04:34 AM

I bought talisman set, and I must say it's pretty cool in use, and it looks great. I also bought dragon dice tower (http://e-raptor.pl/dice_tower_dragon), nice design and fits nice into Talisman game.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS