Photo

Talisman + Which expansion at start? (not the reaper :-( )

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Granville

Granville

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:36 PM

Talisman rocks.

But if you're looking for some alternatives for you group of 3-4 I reccomend:

Descent: Journeys in the Dark. 2nd Edition. This thing really is a modern day masterpiece of board games.

Relic - Warhammer 40K version of Talisman. I have not played it but everyone rants and raves about it.

#22 QuakeIIIArena

QuakeIIIArena

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 04:41 PM

I don't like those busts instead of characters figures in Relic. It's destroys the immersion for me. Descent is more like dungeon crawler and I am not sure if my friends will like that.

Edited by QuakeIIIArena, 25 May 2014 - 04:45 PM.

#23 Granville

Granville

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

Funny you say that, I don't like the busts either. I suppose it will be another 7+ years before, they revise Relic and possibly give that game figures.

• QuakeIIIArena likes this

#24 QuakeIIIArena

QuakeIIIArena

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:24 AM

Ok, it's done. I bought Talisman and 4 expansions. 

#yolo

#muchexpansion

#veryhappy

#suchcrazy

#wow

#doge

(sorry I had too)

Edited by QuakeIIIArena, 26 May 2014 - 02:26 AM.

#25 Quartzquiz

Quartzquiz

• Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 07:01 AM

Cool! Which ones?

#26 QuakeIIIArena

QuakeIIIArena

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 10:19 AM

As I said earlier base game + highlands, dungeons, frostmarch and sacred pool :)

#27 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 12:52 PM

Sacred Pool. It gives You some usage for the Neutral character, some horses and mules to carry more objects, and really great and awesome Spells to bug Your friends.

You may also consider the Firelands. This expansion is really dangerous, so the game will be much harder. You will watch Your every step ;). Plus, it contains the Terrain cards. If You will proxy some homebrew Terrain cards, You will be able to change Your main board into anything You want. For example Disneyland or Ravenloft.

For the board expansion I suggest the Highland. Unlike the Dungeon, in the Highlands You will have some hard times guessing what the top card of its deck is.

Enter the Talisman Island!

#28 QuakeIIIArena

QuakeIIIArena

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:04 PM

As I said I already BOUGHT game and those four expansions :) BTW. I mentioned that Firelands are not released in my country yet and having five parts of the game in my native polish language plus other expansions in english would not work out that well for my friends :)

#29 Nemomon

Nemomon

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:12 PM

Ah, so You're a Pole? Same as me ;) Happy playing then ;)

Enter the Talisman Island!

#30 QuakeIIIArena

QuakeIIIArena

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 02:16 PM

Thanks mate :) 

#31 Granville

Granville

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 03:43 PM

Now you should go for City...all that gold, so little use ;)

#32 Nioreh

Nioreh

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 05:18 PM

IMO

Bloodmoon
->

Dungeon
-> Sacred pool / Reaper / other small boxes
City/Woodlands (if it's out yet and as good as I'm hoping it will be :) )
-> 

Highlands didn't really bring much to the table IMO. I like the Sprite character and the Hand of Doom ending (using hidden variant) but otherwise.. not really my cup of tea.

The Dragon Expansion is the only one I would not really recommend buying.

Using some kind of house rules to keep it from taking over it might add more to the game but at least around here.. we haven't gotten to that point so far (so sadly it says on the shelf).

#33 DomaGB

DomaGB

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 27 May 2014 - 10:21 PM

I was away for Memorial weekend camping so got into this late. Maybe too late...

I know a lot of people like Blood Moon, but some, like me hate the day/nite mechanic.

Highlands is a good 1st choice, it's a low level board and a great money maker. However if you have Highlands you need a place to spend your gold and thus the City goes great with that!

I forget the expansion contents but I think Sacred Pool also comes with vendors so if true, that would go well with Highlands as well.

RoboRally, then Talisman. That's the way it is... ;)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS