new player, buying in. Help me get what I need

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kilazar

Kilazar

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:24 AM

If I buy the core set, and then hit ebay for one of the many 1x sales, and then again hit Ebay for many of the 2x sales, will this give me a complete playset of core buying one of each of those?

Or do I really need to just buy 3 core sets to have a complete core playset? I really hate this model that FF does for their games. Oh you only NEED the core set if you want to play with your friend, but to have a COMPLETE core set, you have to buy this 3 times! Just for 24 cards!

Edited by Kilazar, 20 May 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#2 etherial

etherial

• Members
  • 284 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 10:39 AM

If I buy the core set, and then hit ebay for one of the many 1x sales, and then again hit Ebay for many of the 2x sales, will this give me a complete playset of core buying one of each of those?

Or do I really need to just buy 3 core sets to have a complete core playset? I really hate this model that FF does for their games. Oh you only NEED the core set if you want to play with your friend, but to have a COMPLETE core set, you have to buy this 3 times! Just for 24 cards!

Depending on exactly what the eBay sales are for, you will probably have to buy two of the 1x sales.

#3 BahnCalamari

BahnCalamari

• Members
  • 156 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 04:49 AM

There are indeed "completion kits" on ebay that include one of the 2x cards and 2 of the 1x cards, that will get you a full set of all core set cards and run for about $10 less than buying 2 core sets online.

In my opinion if you ever foresee yourself wanting to have more than one deck built at a time, just spend the extra money for at least one extra core. For a few extra dollars you will get extras of the tokens and click trackers, double of the 3x cards that go in almost every deck (sure gamble/hedge fund) plus extra 2x cards which I am sure you will be able to trade or sell if you would never use them.

• etherial likes this

X-Wing

Spoiler

ANr:

Spoiler

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS