Now i got a question... how does an AdMech Magos go about creating something for which there is a need, without violating the tenets of the mechanikum?
In our group, our explorator wants to build servitor mounted rocket artillery. If there is no design known to him, would this be "inventing something new" or would a typical AdMech just tak some rocketlaunchers on a servitor and call it a day (this kind of mix-and-matching, does it fall under heretek?), or would he need a whole new SCT plan for such a thing?
So long as it does not violate the precepts of the Sixteen Laws, you should be fine.
- 09. The alien mechanism is a perversion of the True Path.
- 10. The soul is the conscience of sentience.
- 11. A soul can be bestowed only by the Omnissiah.
- 12. The Soulless sentience is the enemy of all life.
- 13. The knowledge of the ancients stands beyond question.
- 14. The Machine Spirit guards the knowledge of the Ancients.
- 15. Flesh is fallible, but ritual honours the Machine Spirit.
- 16. To break with ritual is to break with faith.
Don't use xeno bits. Don't try and futz about with the soul. Necrons and AI will steal your babies. STC patterns are always better. You will break things if you don't follow the proper rituals.
Beyond that, there's no reason you can't make changes to things.