16 replies to this topic

#1 grimmjow06

grimmjow06

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 10:22 AM

Hi....

My question is:

1.- only the active player can count income??? Or both players as a global action like draw phase???

2.- a card with non-plot inmunity can be target or affected by a global effect for example westeros bleeds???

#2 doulos2k

doulos2k

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:36 AM

Only the Active Player counts income. Each player, in turn, must wait until they're the active player before they count their income. This matters because there are cards that can be played that will affect the income count of the next player.

A card that is immune to non-plot card effects CANNOT be targeted by a global effect like Westeros Bleeds. You should read the Scope of Immunity section in the FAQ to get a better understanding of how far immunity extends because there are specific exceptions.

Austin AGoT Players

http://agotaustin.com

#3 grimmjow06

grimmjow06

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:11 PM

Thanks...i will...

#4 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 12:22 PM

I just want to be careful about terminology here. "Target" has a very specific definition in this game. An effect has to use the word "choose" in order for it to have a target. Whatever you "choose" is the target. If there is no word "choose," there is no target.

Most global effects do not have any targets. I can't think of one that says "choose all characters in play," for example.

That said, immunity does two separate things:
1. You are not allowed to "choose" the immune card as a target for an effect it is immune to, and
2. The immune card ignores the effects of whatever it is immune to, targeted or not.

So, for example, a character that is immune to non-plot effects would be safe from an event like "No Quarter!" because #1 says you cannot "choose" it as a target. That same character would be safe from Westeros Bleeds because of #2. Even though the event chooses no targets when it initiates, the character still ignores it when it resolves.

#5 grimmjow06

grimmjow06

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 01:09 PM

Thanks...

#6 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 19 May 2014 - 11:53 PM

Most global effects do not have any targets. I can't think of one that says "choose all characters in play," for example.

Field of Fire reads "choose all participating, non-Dragon characters". To my knowledge, it's the only targeted global effect in the LCG. This event cannot be played if one immune participating non-Dragon character exists, since it would be an illegal target.

Edited by Khudzlin, 20 May 2014 - 08:54 AM.

#7 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 01:51 AM

This event cannot be played if one participating non-Dragon character exists, since it would be an illegal target.

I think you meant to say "if one immune participating non-Dragon character exists", no? And it's a very good point. I bet most of the Targ Summer players out there, and their opponents, aren't aware of this.

#8 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 07:51 AM

That's indeed what I meant. Good catch (the risks of prowling the forums before going to work).

#9 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:09 AM

To me that event is targeting all non-Dragon characters that are participating.  That being, a sub-set of participating characters that are non-Dragons.  It isn't reading to me like you have to choose all participating characters as long as all of them are non-Dragons.

#10 doulos2k

doulos2k

• Members
  • 246 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:31 AM

Bomb - I'd have to agree with Khudzlin there. The event does explicitly say "CHOOSE ALL participating non-Dragon characters" - if you have a single participating non-Dragon character that is immune to the effect, you could not fulfill the explicit target.

Austin AGoT Players

http://agotaustin.com

#11 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 08:58 AM

Oops.  That's me misreading the original post again.  I'm dumb.

#12 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,555 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:00 AM

Bomb: they're not saying all the participating characters have to be non-dragon. They're saying all the non-dragon participants have to be legal targets for then event.

#13 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:12 AM

My brain thought I was reading from them that you can't have a participating Dragon in order to trigger the event.  I totally misread their posts and didn't even see that they were talking about immunity on non-Dragon characters.

I don't know how I misread it that badly.

#14 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 09:16 AM

I don't know how I misread it that badly.

I'd say a case of the Monday's, but it is Tuesday.    

#15 Bomb

Bomb

Cool Person Club

• Members
  • 1,762 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 11:40 AM

And of course I apologize to both Khudzlin and Ratatoskr for me being dumb.

#16 Slothgodfather

Slothgodfather

• Members
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 May 2014 - 12:39 PM

At least it was spontaneous dumbness.  We all have that.   It's the constant dumbness you have to be wary of!  

#17 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 21 May 2014 - 02:40 AM

And of course I apologize to both Khudzlin and Ratatoskr for me being dumb.

Don't worry. Personally, I don't apologize for being dumb as a matter of principle, or I'd do nothing else. You're a lucky man that for you it's an isolated enough incidence to be able to indulge in it. :D

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS