[Heresy Inside]Redeem tools

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 ak-73

ak-73

• Members
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 02:13 AM

Well, I can see their frustration in not achieving the primary objective of the mission. Which wasn't achievable anyway because the whole mission was a hoax to get ahold of a Fallen but that's another story they are not aware of.

Ah, some players like being challenged by their GM and others like the GM tailoring scenarios so that they, the players, normally "win" the mission. In auto-cruise mode. Me, I think that only a few losses and partial successes make real victories meaningful at all. How else to build a sense of accomplishment?

Alex

My 40K Blog (essentially a Best Of FFG Forums):

http://www.40kroleplay.weebly.com

House Rules, Rule Clarifications, Game Aids, New Creatures, consolidated official Deathwatch Squad Mode rules, 40K Tabletop to 40K Roleplay comversions, etc.

#22 [S]ir[B]ardiel

[S]ir[B]ardiel

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 03:24 AM

Alex explicitly and specifically stated that he believes his players are meta-gaming this notion and that it was not a conscious IC decision.

But you're right, such stuff should be handed over to the DW Librarium, and I don't know how much access the Big "I" has to that, although it could just as easily be the Chief Epistolary saying, "OMG like dudes!  Thanks for the Sacred Bleeding Heart of Saint Ducttape!  We owe you a high fiver!"

Chaos taints everything and is basically the cornestone of the Imperium vs Chaos thing. Still not sure is metagame.

Well if a KT brings a most holy relic to the Librarium they would be exactly like that, and would get Renown to the whole team.

I don't even know HOW a marine could keep for himself a relic, hiding it from the Chamber of Vigilance, and not considering himself a ******* traitor for as a marine you own only your life.

#23 Annaamarth

Annaamarth

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 07:57 AM

Psh. They don't even own that.  Very few people do, actually.

The chapter remade you.  Without the vision of the Emperor, without the Primarchs who once carried out his will (and may still do so), and without the resources of the Chapter (and much of the Imperium) you'd be a cave-dwelling hunter-gatherer on some backwater, waiting to be eaten by the Great Devourer.

No, you don't own your life.  The Chapter does.

RIP AND TEAR THROUGH THE TIDE OF BLOOD WITH BATTLESUIT PILOT. SUPLEX HIVE TYRANTS. DO WHATEVER, YOU'RE PILOTING A HUGE-ASS MECHA.

-Errant, on how Rogue Trader ought to be played

#24 [S]ir[B]ardiel

[S]ir[B]ardiel

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 June 2014 - 11:23 PM

You own your life only to spend it in service of the Emperor :P

#25 Errant Knight

Errant Knight

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 01:36 AM

The life of a space marine is spent chasing death.  Their reward for a job well done is another mission.  There is no R&R.  They don't enjoy that stuff anyway.  Can't in some cases...

There is only one fate for a space marine...unless they go traitor.

#26 Annaamarth

Annaamarth

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 07:30 AM

THERE IS ONLY ONE FATE FOR A SPACE MARINE.

A traitor's death is still a death in the service of the Emprah, after all :)

RIP AND TEAR THROUGH THE TIDE OF BLOOD WITH BATTLESUIT PILOT. SUPLEX HIVE TYRANTS. DO WHATEVER, YOU'RE PILOTING A HUGE-ASS MECHA.

-Errant, on how Rogue Trader ought to be played

#27 Errant Knight

Errant Knight

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:04 AM

Heh.  I stand corrected.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS